• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Had a close encounter with an idiot on the road so this install got done a lot quicker than anticipated.

Had the same camera and battery on both the FK8’s and now on the FL5 - was a relatively straight forward install except the fuse labeled “ACC” was still drawing a current even when the car was switched off. Fuse number 42 was the winner in this instance as it didn’t draw any power (even 0.05v) when the car was switched off.

Still trying to see how to position and wire the rear camera since the rear trim doesn’t come off for a tidy install.

Sponsored

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Dang, I just did this install last weekend, wish I’d have known about the flap under the seat. I also held off on installing the rear since I have no clue how to get that rear hatch trim piece off.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thank you for this. I'm going to eventually install a dash cam. Just not sure which one to go with yet. Parking mode and connectivity are critical to me.

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Dang, I just did this install last weekend, wish I’d have known about the flap under the seat. I also held off on installing the rear since I have no clue how to get that rear hatch trim piece off.
That rear hatch is such a pain.. it’s driving me nuts on how I can have it installed.

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Thank you for this. I'm going to eventually install a dash cam. Just not sure which one to go with yet. Parking mode and connectivity are critical to me.
Having the bigger battery definitely helps with parking mode and the unit actually regulates voltage etc. The newer Blackvues also have LTE built in so that would be good for live views

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
@TR3BLE Were you ever able to get the rear cam installed?
No not yet, no clean way of getting it installed that I’m completely happy with.

I’ve been busy with a new Jazz/Fit RS so that got more attention than the FL5 😂

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
The thinkware dashcam that comes with a rear cam is pretty nice. The wifi is connectivity is iffy but it's only ever needed when actually viewing footage. Thinkware F200 PRO Full HD 1080P WiFi Dash Cam (Front & Rear Cam, 32GB, Hardwiring, GPS Antenna) (Renewed) https://a.co/d/aRrKDm0

I also struggled with mounting the rear cam. I ended up just stuffing the 1 million extra feet of cable in the headliner and just brought out a foot or so from the rear hatch open seal to connect it. Unfortunately the headliner yellow foam sticks out a little, but I've gotten used it at this point.

I think if/when I feel like it, I might take apart the L/S C-Pillar and stuff the cable in there and route from the c-piller to the camera with some clips to hold the wire in. It's definitely frustrating. Just stick it up and forget about it lol

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I recommend the Blendmount for the front Blackvue cam.
Interestingly, Blendmount will not work on the FL5 due to the mirror style. I spoke to them yesterday and they confirmed they tried and gave up. :( (same for the Si, I believe, likely other 11th gens as well)

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Interestingly, Blendmount will not work on the FL5 due to the mirror style. I spoke to them yesterday and they confirmed they tried and gave up. :( (same for the Si, I believe, likely other 11th gens as well)
Darn that sucks. Would have been nice if it worked. The standard adhesive bracket should be fine as long as the temperatures don't get too hot in the summer.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Darn that sucks. Would have been nice if it worked. The standard adhesive bracket should be fine as long as the temperatures don't get too hot in the summer.
I did some experimenting this afternoon and may have found something that works! Just need to make sure it doesn't come off.
11th Gen Honda Civic Blackvue DR900S Dash Cam and Battery Hardwired Install B5AF25E5-6D39-4E78-BFC0-672923EE22AC

hideren

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 CRV, 22 Civic Hatch ST
No not yet, no clean way of getting it installed that I’m completely happy with.

I’ve been busy with a new Jazz/Fit RS so that got more attention than the FL5 😂
Not the FL5 but I would think this will be the same as regular Civic.
Here is a picture of how I installed mine. I don't have step by step of how it was installed.
https://preview.redd.it/gvhph1na97f...ed&s=40c5be46ad173bb89cb71329569af0be72a0404f

I bought a cheap scope camera with led light and had to wiggle it thru that rear washer nozzle cover.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Not the FL5 but I would think this will be the same as regular Civic.
Here is a picture of how I installed mine. I don't have step by step of how it was installed.
https://preview.redd.it/gvhph1na97f...ed&s=40c5be46ad173bb89cb71329569af0be72a0404f

I bought a cheap scope camera with led light and had to wiggle it thru that rear washer nozzle cover.
So you were able to route the wire through the wire shroud that connects the cabin to the hatch? And then through to that nozzle cover? Did you use any tools besides the endoscope?

I want to tackle this project and so far, your install is the cleanest.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link