• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brake fading during track day

OP
OP
geekatthewheel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
hi all,

Thanks for the recommendations! I have a quick question, are the Ferodo pads problematic on daily driving when the car is cold?

What pads does Honda spec series at the front? Done with the fluid now and after the next track day I will do pads, shims and lines.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
hi all,

Thanks for the recommendations! I have a quick question, are the Ferodo pads problematic on daily driving when the car is cold?

What pads does Honda spec series at the front? Done with the fluid now and after the next track day I will do pads, shims and lines.
Ferodo pads are good, I have used them on other applications. Just make sure to get the right type of pad for the driving you do. Donā€™t go to the most aggressive right from the get go.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Ferodo pads are good, I have used them on other applications. Just make sure to get the right type of pad for the driving you do. Donā€™t go to the most aggressive right from the get go.
The DS3.12's can be a bit noisy for daily driving, but if the OP is looking for a track specific pad, then I'd say the 3.12 is perfect. He'd of course want to swap his factory pads back in after tracking the car.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The DS3.12's can be a bit noisy for daily driving, but if the OP is looking for a track specific pad, then I'd say the 3.12 is perfect. He'd of course want to swap his factory pads back in after tracking the car.
Yes that is why I mentioned it, depending on the use and how frequently he wants to change pads. I personally like track/street pads since I avoid the hassle.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Yes that is why I mentioned it, depending on the use and how frequently he wants to change pads. I personally like track/street pads since I avoid the hassle.
What do you like as street and track pads? My wife is not happy that I will be putting on the same track pads on the FL5. And I donā€™t have the means to keep swapping.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What do you like as street and track pads? My wife is not happy that I will be putting on the same track pads on the FL5. And I donā€™t have the means to keep swapping.
Iā€™m using the paragon p3 pads with good results and very street friendly.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Do you use less aggressive pads on the rear?

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Using stock as of now in the rear, 0 issues. Car feels great and brakes hard with no fade given I donā€™t push it as hard as @PointByPatrol šŸ˜‚.
Maybe Iā€™ll do the same. I have no gauge on how you two drive and how I drive.

Does the FK8 front and rear pads fit on the FL5? I have a set left from my FK8 since I traded the car in with track pads on. If they fit then I have 2 sets of stock rear pads to use.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Maybe Iā€™ll do the same. I have no gauge on how you two drive and how I drive.

Does the FK8 front and rear pads fit on the FL5? I have a set left from my FK8 since I traded the car in with track pads on. If they fit then I have 2 sets of stock rear pads to use.
They should fit if iā€™m not mistaken.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
They should fit if iā€™m not mistaken.
Just saw that Paragon pads are manufactured by Winmax. I used to run their pads on my S2000. Hmmm, will definitely give them a try.

OP
OP
geekatthewheel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
hi all,

Picked up the car yesterday and to my surprise the dealer only used 500ml of 660 brake fluid. The technician who did the job was not there to be asked, I understood the car would need more after I cooked it at Monteblanco. The car has less than 500 ml in the system I imagine. Just an informative note.

btw, the workshop manager mentioned having some friends who own RS3 and are quite unhappy about the weight and dynamics on track, they apparently attended the same track day and could not keep up with me at the corners! ;)

BuntaTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, Tesla M3P, 08STi, S2k,Rsx-S
bumping this up since im looking for a front and rear combo.

is the p3 pads noisy?

I am looking at pagid racing RSL29 but the price is double!

im hoping for something hat can perform like RSL29, long-lasting, track-ready, quiet, and easy on the rotors.
Sponsored