• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I’m being pretty tight lipped about what’s going on with my experience but once it plays out I’ll share with you guys. I’m either being screwed or I’m a basket case because of all the stuff I read one here…lol
I mean there is no harm in sharing. I think many of us have been transparent as possible to help and guide others.

None of us know which dealer you are working with. If you have more accurate or relevant information I believe many will find it valuable in their current decision making.

I mean, alot of people give me flack for my process in this, but I have been nothing but honest and as transparent as possible to help yall.
Sponsored

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
Now that they know allocations, they know how many people they put through and in what order will receive their cars.

Now is when the dealer actually decides how they assign customer allocations. Honor the first come first serve, or do something different. Given how 90% of dealers expected 3 to 5 times what they are getting, they Now have figure out what to do, who to refund and who to push through.

Essentially, the games start now. Hearing the term "pricing program" for the vehicle to me means say goodbye to MSRP for many large dealer groups. Here comes offers to clients at +$5k-$10k in packages. This doesn't apply to ALL dealerships just the larger profit driven ones.

I believe another fellow Canadian stated they locked in a car at $62k taxes in, so +$2k-3k dealer add-ons.
Shit which dealer is this if you don’t mind sharing? If stripe is different than the Honda portal, man this is messy. Dealer can just enter your shit whenever they want after whoever, no guarantee where your "order" is at

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Shit which dealer is this if you don’t mind sharing? If stripe is different than the Honda portal, man this is messy. Dealer can just enter your shit whenever they want after whoever, no guarantee where your "order" is at
I don't want to call out the dealer here, but it's top 10 dealer in GTA in Ontario.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I mean there is no harm in sharing. I think many of us have been transparent as possible to help and guide others.

None of us know which dealer you are working with. If you have more accurate or relevant information I believe many will find it valuable in their current decision making.

I mean, alot of people give me flack for my process in this, but I have been nothing but honest and as transparent as possible to help yall.
Well to my knowledge I was entered in the Honda portal on Friday but it’s for a 2024. My main deposit is at a different dealer and I hope the second dealer that entered me doesn’t nix me for the first allocation I have. I might have screwed myself out of a 2023. If I get the 2023 I’ll cancel the 2024.

edit: actual I was entered yesterday.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Well to my knowledge I was entered in the Honda portal on Friday but it’s for a 2024. My main deposit is at a different dealer and I hope the second dealer that entered me doesn’t nix me for the first allocation I have. I might have screwed myself out of a 2023. If I get the 2023 I’ll cancel the 2024.
Good thing you said this, to my knowledge Honda will automatically reject anyone with multiple orders and multiple dealers placed in thr portal. I'm not sure how true this is, but they are weeding out people trying to secure more than 1 with 1 dealer.

Or so I'm told. Apparently, the name entered needs to match the driver's used during delivery or no go. Same with CC. If they see same name same address or same CC your are rejected.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
my dealer called me says my type R will be 2025....holy that's painful. #1 guy will get his somewhere Dec or early spring. seems 1 per year.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Good thing you said this, to my knowledge Honda will automatically reject anyone with multiple orders and multiple dealers placed in thr portal. I'm not sure how true this is, but they are weeding out people trying to secure more than 1 with 1 dealer.

Or so I'm told.
I’m told they are doing to nix out the wholesalers. They said someone bought up like 12 FK8s I the last go around. Might have been the LE’s

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I’m told they are doing to nix out the wholesalers. They said someone bought up like 12 FK8s I the last go around. Might have been the LE’s
This is correct no wholesalers, out of country, dealership resellers, private dealers etc.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
my dealer called me says my type R will be 2025....holy that's painful. #1 guy will get his somewhere Dec or early spring. seems 1 per year.
So to me this means they are probably getting three, 1 each year, and u were entered 3rd. Were u third in line?

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
This is correct no wholesalers, out of country, dealership resellers, private dealers etc.
I’m hoping that if my main dealer has an issue they will call me and I’ll enter the system with my wife’s name.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I’m hoping that if my main dealer has an issue they will call me and I’ll enter the system with my wife’s name.
1 per household per address I'm told and it needs to match drivers

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
well, dealer told me i'm #4 now, somehow there is another order before me which is kinda fishy. 2022,23,24,25.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
well, dealer told me i'm #4 now, somehow there is another order before me which is kinda fishy. 2022,23,24,25.
There are no 2022s it's 2023-2025 only right now. Unless they are getting 2 2023s. This seems fishy AF. But not a surprise tbh. I wonder if they jusr want u to pull ur deposit.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
2023 model start to sell in 2022 (or order entered in 2022), i think that's what he meant.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
at this point not much i can do, nobody going to back out of their order. The sales pretty confident that people will start to get refund on the deposit.
Sponsored