• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Am I the only one who doesn't like white wheels?
Also, I'm generally into smaller cars, and white wheels give the illusion that the car is even larger than it is. This might be part of it.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Maybe it’s not entirely my cup of tea, but I appreciate that someone did it. Variety is a good thing and I think the white on white is tastefully done. Maybe if the wheels were a different design (I’m thinking classic Enkei RPF1’s) it’d look better. Some of the camera angles and the fish eye effect are definitely not flattering, particularly the photos taken at ground level. Those photos make the wheels look much bigger than reality.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Maybe it’s not entirely my cup of tea, but I appreciate that someone did it. Variety is a good thing and I think the white on white is tastefully done. Maybe if the wheels were a different design (I’m thinking classic Enkei RPF1’s) it’d look better. Some of the camera angles and the fish eye effect are definitely not flattering, particularly the photos taken at ground level. Those photos make the wheels look much bigger than reality.
Agree with all of this.
This would look completely different (in a good way) out on the road.

LEB55505

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux
Here is a shot with white wheels everything else oem. Skip it towards the end of the video.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I like it in a retro kind of way, but wouldn't do it if it was mine. It is cool though.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I think the only thing missing is the mirror caps should be CW too. The black mirror caps now look a bit out of place.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I think the only thing missing is the mirror caps should be CW too. The black mirror caps now look a bit out of place.
Antenna fin too…

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
And the tires…They should be white walls :rofl:

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
This is what made my enthusiasm for Champ White die out. Once you see it, you can't un-see it. The car looks like a stormtrooper or panda bear, when it should be all white. Black is now my first choice because the entire car is color-matched.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Mine is CW. I like the black contrasting details, which is actually why CW was my top choice. Just sayin’ if you’re gonna white out the car (like the one in the pics), do all the details in white too…except maybe the side skirts, grill, front lip, and the wing bracket. The car in the pics is like 95% there.

I really like all the FL5 colors and there’s definitely no bad choice. The only reason I personally won’t get another black car is that it’s so hard to keep clean and any little swirl mark shows up much more easily. Yeah…there’s swirls on my passenger side black mirror cap and it drives me crazy. I’m OCD enough already. An all black FL5 would make me want to put the car in a protective bubble and never drive it.🤣
Sponsored