• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Si getting nerfed due to Integra revival?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It's either a coupe, or a REALLY sloped sedan going for the coupe-like shape and it's going to have hardly any actual rear seat space, which I suppose isn't impossible. The TLX already took form over function being larger than an accord but having a really tiny back seat area. There is a chance that the integra will be a coupe in spirit with back doors for courtesy sake...

- Product road map says "new compact sedan"
- Acura shows coupe-like profile in reveal for Integra
- Says it's not a replacement for the ILX (but that could be taken a few ways, do they mean segment, or marketing?)

So is it just a much nicer and sportier sedan that will be a MASSIVE improvement over the ILX? Or is it a coupe? It's sad because, Honda/Acura gained a lot of their diehard following with their amazing FWD coupes (integra, RSX, Civic Coupe, Prelude, Accord Coupe, CRX, CRZ, etc), but market trends and more focus on volume sales, rather than passion have stripped both brands of what made them what they were.

Granted... Acura is a bit less conservative than Honda, more about taking chances on niche products, but how big of a chance are they willing to take on an affordable sports coupe? As much as I want to hope that the Integra returns true to form as an attainable sporty coupe, my gut says it's going to be a sedan/liftback/hatch (essentially the Si hatchback we didn't get from Honda, which would explain why we didn't get things like a hatch Si or an auto option). And I'm sure it'll be a fun and attractive car, possibly priced very competitively. So it's hard to be TOO upset really, at least they haven't abandoned small cars all together like some have.

But it still makes me a little miffed when I see other automakers continue to make coupes (granted mostly RWD or luxury) and Honda/Acura can't find the pennies to keep one fun and affordable entry in the coupe segment for the enthusiasts. But we will see how things pan out.
There’s so little coupe competition that a coupe makes financial sense but only if there’s also a sedan. I don’t think Acura would go with a hatchback as the only model, since sedans outsell the Civic hatch 3:1. So it’s probably sedan only or sedan + coupe. The latter would match the Integra name very well.
Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
  • In order of likelihood: sedan, coupe, both coupe and hatch, 5 door hatch.
  • Leaked presentation makes this technically an ILX replacement. Acura saying otherwise is prob marketing speak or an indication of multiple body types.
  • It’ll likely be a detuned 2.0L turbo car based on the 11th gen Civic with more of a luxury focus, with performance turned up on the Type S.
  • Wouldn't read anything into the silhouette in a drone show.
  • Acura is being too quiet on body type for them to just do a 4 door sedan. A Type S model isn’t a surprise so could be a twist coming.
  • Where’s the CDX?

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Thanks for the clarifications on those. I had just woken up when I was reading it and probably glossed over the quotations on things.

It still stands that the integra is very much a mystery at this point. Coupe or sedan, or both? Entry level or not? Electrification or not? (I still think a hybrid AWD setup could be definitely in the cards as they could tout it as being "similar" to the NSX from a marketing standpoint).

It'll be an interesting few months as more info trickles out, hopefully we can find those patent images sooner rather than later. Either way, it stands to add be an exciting option to my list of future vehicles come next year. I'll just cross my fingers it'll be an affordable sporty coupe and leave it at that for the time being.
Motortrend updated their article with further clarification of the comments from Acura.

“The new Integra is not a replacement for the Acura ILX compact sedan—which departs after the '22 model year—the brand chief says.”

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
11th Gen Honda Civic Civic Si getting nerfed due to Integra revival? A22D42C6-1CD2-4997-83A3-5935E9A2C2DE

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Will Acura even release the Integra as a Type R? I know for a fact that they already got plans to Type S their whole line up. It would be strange and interesting to even see an ITR but not the NSX-R

Kinda intrigue to see if they will put the Si's 1.5T or the CTR's 2.0L in this new teggy

I prefer this look over what the other renders are

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Motortrend updated their article with further clarification of the comments from Acura.

“The new Integra is not a replacement for the Acura ILX compact sedan—which departs after the '22 model year—the brand chief says.”
So I guess the new Intergra will take ILX's spot without being the real successor to the ILX.
Just like how they "replaced" RSX with ILX.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Definitely just going to sit on my '20 Si few a couple years until this whole Integra/ILX replacement situation shakes out.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Definitely just going to sit on my '20 Si few a couple years until this whole Integra/ILX replacement situation shakes out.
Me too, car's damn near perfect so it'll take something cool to get me out of it - 6mT Integra or maybe just the 11th gen Type R.

11th gen Si sedan will not get me out of it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Me too, car's damn near perfect so it'll take something cool to get me out of it - 6mT Integra or maybe just the 11th gen Type R.

11th gen Si sedan will not get me out of it.
Until your AC compressor fails out of warranty. Not a question of if at this point, but when.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Until your AC compressor fails out of warranty. Not a question of if at this point, but when.
IDK about anyone else, but I actually got a notice from Honda the other day that they're extending the warranty on the AC compressors in the 10th gen civic to 10 years.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
In an interview with Acura today it was confirmed that the ILX will be dropped and they expect the Integra to be a volume car helping Acura to increase overall sales. It was mentioned that the Integra will be built on the new Civic platform and would not be electrified in order to keep the price down.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-acura-integra-details-interview/

OP
OP
VicVal01

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
IDK about anyone else, but I actually got a notice from Honda the other day that they're extending the warranty on the AC compressors in the 10th gen civic to 10 years.
You sure that said compressor? The only thing I've seen is the condenser they are covering.
Sponsored