• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did a thing today... Resonator Delete

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Thanks for the instructions!
Have you noticed any drone after the delete?
The first time I tried to delete the large resonator, I had a different set of clamps that didn't taper down and used less sealant, and I think I had an exhaust leak, and it resulted in a drone around 3k RPM. Later, I re-did everything with the tapered clamps I mentioned above and more sealant, and I'm not noticing any exhaust leaks and very minimal drone.
Sponsored

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
I'm probably gonna do this. Also bonus that it is made in Plymouth, MI!

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
Will aftermarket exhaust be worth it over this you guys think?? For $200 it's tempting..
Also, are you cutting off the old pipe and welding this in place?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Will aftermarket exhaust be worth it over this you guys think?? For $200 it's tempting..
Also, are you cutting off the old pipe and welding this in place?
That just depends on what you want. Doing a resonator delete will just retain the stock sound and just make it louder. Aftermarket exhausts will completely alter the harmonics.

You can weld it in if you want, typically when you buy a kit it will come with clamps to secure the new pipe in place.

Z4dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 330
Has any one deleted both resonators and kept stock muffler? Can’t seem to find any videos or reviews on that

Type Gts R

First Name
Juan Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Fl5 R
Has any one deleted both resonators and kept stock muffler? Can’t seem to find any videos or reviews on that
Im wondering this as well. I have my mid chopped off and it sounds wonderful but now I wanna take it one step further and remove the front as well.. I don’t wanna screw myself if it ends up sounding bad

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I removed the larger resonator, and this past weekend installed the TSP (aka PRL) catted downpipe, and that made the tone slightly deeper, and added a few burbles every once in while. I'm mostly happy with the sound. I'm afraid to remove the other, smaller resonator for fear of introducing drone (it's pretty much drone-free right now). The last thing I'll probably do with the exhaust is get the PRL frontpipe and see how that goes.

TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CBP CTR, '17 SGP SPORT TOURING 6MT(SOLD)
Something I noticed that I thought was interesting is it looks like the FK8 doesn't have that front resonator:
11th Gen Honda Civic Did a thing today... Resonator Delete 1690288461900

But the FL5 does:
11th Gen Honda Civic Did a thing today... Resonator Delete 1690288543027

ITS (looks more like FK8):
11th Gen Honda Civic Did a thing today... Resonator Delete 1690288587998

So it's kind of odd since the FK8 is so quiet that the FL5 and and ITS sound so much better without a front resonator. But they do (maybe because of the valved center pipe?) so I guess that's all the matters!

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I remove the larger resonator and the noise is higher but not substantial. I was contemplating about removing the first resonator. I am going to hold off and wait for downpipe because afraid rasp without any resonator

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
I preordered MRT's resonator delete. Will report back how it works. It appeals to me because it basically gives the CTR the exhaust setup that the ITS has.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I preordered MRT's resonator delete. Will report back how it works. It appeals to me because it basically gives the CTR the exhaust setup that the ITS has.
Any ETA?
Sponsored