• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did a thing today... Resonator Delete

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Sounds good, should have sounded like this from the factory. If there isn't any drone I would be interested in trying this. I am pretty sensitive to drone though. On my M2 the first exhaust as relatively quiet but deleted the resonator and I couldn't stand the drone at highway speeds.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Beautiful deep tone with absolutely no drone. This Type R is even more of a pleasure to drive now!
What setting are the ENGINE and the ENGINE SOUND set to?

OP
OP
23TypeR

23TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
What setting are the ENGINE and the ENGINE SOUND set to?
The fuse for the actuator has been pulled so the valves are always open but these videos were shot in sport mode.

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
I'll be keeping an eye on this. ITS' come with no front resonator, but is North America only. Alas, the CTR is a world car so has to meet other international noise restrictions. No front resonator and a larger front pipe (like PRL's) might be the ticket for me - as opposed to spending 2K for a new exhaust.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
Working on development for a resonator delete kit for the front most resonator. Will have some video later today. 🤞
Will your delete kit work with deleting the larger resonator as well?

OP
OP
23TypeR

23TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Will your delete kit work with deleting the larger resonator as well?
As long as the secondary delete keeps the same tube placement they should 100% be compatible. However you may start to introduce drone into the cabin without the larger resonator.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I'm certainly not an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I deleted the large resonator with the following parts:
Here's what I did:
  1. Jack up the car. I only had to jack it up using the rear jack points (I didn't need to jack up the front, but I'm not a big guy). Use jack stands so you don't get squished.
  2. The resonator pipe is 18", so I cut a total length of about 16-17" from one side of the large resonator to the other (it was an inch or two beyond each side of the large resonator... but leaving about a 16-17" total gap where the large resonator used to be).
    1. Note - I had to cut a little more after the first cut, because I realized there was an additional weld point that made it difficult squeeze the resonator pipe onto.
  3. Get a cup of water, and wet the inside of the resonator pipe near both ends, and then put some of the sealant on there.
  4. Fit the resonator pipe onto into the gap where the OEM resonator used to be.
  5. Put the clamps onto the ends of the resonator pipe, so the larger part of the clamp fits over the end of the resonator pipe, and the smaller part of the clamp fits over the OEM pipe. It's not a perfect fit, but it works. I also tried the 3" clamps, but they were too large.
  6. Hold a 15mm wrench on the clamp bolt, and then another 15mm wrench or (ideally) torque wrench on the other end to tighten them down. I went back and forth between the two bolts on each clamp a few times until I felt like it was tight enough.
  7. I used more water & sealant around the clamps to plug up any possible spots where exhaust could leak. I made a mess.
I'm sure I did many things wrong, but it works. I don't hear any exhaust leaks, and it sounds great.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
I'm certainly not an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I deleted the large resonator with the following parts:
Here's what I did:
  1. Jack up the car. I only had to jack it up using the rear jack points (I didn't need to jack up the front, but I'm not a big guy). Use jack stands so you don't get squished.
  2. The resonator pipe is 18", so I cut a total length of about 16-17" from one side of the large resonator to the other (it was an inch or two beyond each side of the large resonator... but leaving about a 16-17" total gap where the large resonator used to be).
    1. Note - I had to cut a little more after the first cut, because I realized there was an additional weld point that made it difficult squeeze the resonator pipe onto.
  3. Get a cup of water, and wet the inside of the resonator pipe near both ends, and then put some of the sealant on there.
  4. Fit the resonator pipe onto into the gap where the OEM resonator used to be.
  5. Put the clamps onto the ends of the resonator pipe, so the larger part of the clamp fits over the end of the resonator pipe, and the smaller part of the clamp fits over the OEM pipe. It's not a perfect fit, but it works. I also tried the 3" clamps, but they were too large.
  6. Hold a 15mm wrench on the clamp bolt, and then another 15mm wrench or (ideally) torque wrench on the other end to tighten them down. I went back and forth between the two bolts on each clamp a few times until I felt like it was tight enough.
  7. I used more water & sealant around the clamps to plug up any possible spots where exhaust could leak. I made a mess.
I'm sure I did many things wrong, but it works. I don't hear any exhaust leaks, and it sounds great.
Thanks for the instructions!
Have you noticed any drone after the delete?
Sponsored