• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
I don’t see it happening, Honda isn’t in the sports car business, they build cars for the masses . Car companies these days are putting in turbos not for the racer crowd, but more for giving a small engine that’s very economical some passing speed. For $5K just buy a used Hayabusa or ZX14 if you want to smoke everything out there lol.
Actually theyre putting in turbos for fuel economy, don't kid yourself if you think the engine decisions they're making are for anything but emissions. Same for the CVT. Same as why toyota is using a launch gear now
Sponsored

aldo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Actually theyre putting in turbos for fuel economy, don't kid yourself if you think the engine decisions they're making are for anything but emissions. Same for the CVT. Same as why toyota is using a launch gear now
Agreed, that’s what I was saying, the new Civic has incredible fuel economy, but without the turbo would be an absolute dog, possibly get you killed getting up to speed on highway. The turbo solves that as well as what you pointed out, emissions as well. Look at all the new Camrys with turbos and incredible fuel economy.

11th Gen Honda Civic Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise? 11-2022-Honda-Civic-Si

11th Gen Honda Civic Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise? 11-2022-Honda-Civic-Si

arhill999

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
I am okay with 210-215hp, but that is if they add 100lbs to the overall weight. I don't see them putting in a detuned Accord engine into the SI for under $28k. Might compete with the Golf GTI, but really that is the only car that is beating the SI, but the SI beats it by a couple $1000. Now that the Focus ST is gone, the 205hp 10th gen SI is probably the best performance FWD car for under $25k.
My 2018 is running about 270 HP with an investment of about $1000.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
After rereading and rewatching Honda's 1.5L announcement, I think the 1.5L has VTC but no VTEC, despite being marketed as VTEC Turbo in some markets.
+1

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
All you need is a few bolt ons and a k tuner to wake this car up. I prefer having a Si hatch option then more power I think if they do a bump in power next generation it wont be anything drastic.

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Keep in mind that Type-S is supposed to be returning in 2020 with a turbo V-6. Toyota is making TRD versions of the Camry and Avalon in 2020 also so it is looking like the Si will have more competition in the coming years. If Honda ditches the Coupe Si, I'd be willing to bet an Acura 2-Door takes its place.

Here is an article that I found after posting:
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...performance-a-spec-models-won-t-ar180630.html

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
If they do an Si hatch, i really hope the move in the other direction from the current Civic hatch design. To me the 10th gen hatch doesn't look like a hatch at all, more like something akin to the Crosstour. The Type R doesn't look like a hatch at all, just a sedan with a hatch back. I like the look of the old civic hatches.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI, 2017 Civic Si Sedan (traded in)
I do like the look of the old hatches, but the fastback design on the new ones is pretty cool too. Probably having a flat back like the old design/GTI style is more practical though

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
I do like the look of the old hatches, but the fastback design on the new ones is pretty cool too. Probably having a flat back like the old design/GTI style is more practical though
What they should have done for the Sedans at least, is a lift back style like Euro Accords used to have. You get to access the trunk easier
11th Gen Honda Civic Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise? upload_2019-1-15_15-17-1

aldo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Answer to the OP’s original question, no.

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
To the original question, I'm not in this car for the muscle - I'm in it for the dance. It's nimble, tossable and fun, has plenty enough power to put points on my license without that added tease, and I love passing gas stations saying, "Not yet!" When I think more power, I think of the R. The Type R barely edges out the fuel efficiency numbers of a Ford F-150. Sure - it's a great car. But it's not an Si. And in my opinion, it suffers an identity crisis. I never would have guessed that I could pay close to 40 grand for a Honda Civic that has the fuel efficiency of a pickup truck.

I still think the Si is the most refined Civic you can get, and for whatever it's shortcomings are with respect to power, it's at the absolute sweet spot for both balanced performance and value. In those equations, its power is perfect.

Last edited:

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Agreed, that’s what I was saying, the new Civic has incredible fuel economy, but without the turbo would be an absolute dog, possibly get you killed getting up to speed on highway. The turbo solves that as well as what you pointed out, emissions as well. Look at all the new Camrys with turbos and incredible fuel economy.
The new Camrys are still NA (2.5 liter 4 cylinder and 3.5 liter v6).

thatonedaveguy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' CW Civic Type R #18788
I think there is a pretty good chance Honda will increase the power a bit next gen to keep it around the level of the competition. The 2019 GTI has 228 horses. I don't think we will see anything huge but I think 215 to 225 is possible.
Sponsored