• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
so what’s the outcome then? When are they delivering. They can’t just let them sit. That’s bs. West coast is getting them but they don’t want to deliver to east? What are they doing.
Outcome is further delays; delivery dates can't be confirmed at the moment. Not that they don't want to, they physically do not have the capacity to do it in an effective manner. They are working on it but logistical issues of this magnitude do not get fixed over night.
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Not to be mean but I’m not buying the labor shortage. I questioned what he said because the cars aren’t going to sit until mid 2023. I’m not knocking what he said. I’m going by what dealers are telling me and others. Trucks are coming daily with vehicles that show pending and in transit in the inventory system daily but are showing up on the lots almost daily to weekly. Brand new CR-V and accords. The type R is being delivered to west coast deslers but east coast and mid west is dry

The dealer I have worked with said they talk to the truck drivers that are bringing these across the country and they haven’t had shortage issues for 8 weeks or more and that there are no delays on Hondas end.

What he wrote was fine saying there are shortages but the people he talked to just gave him a blanket answer on 2023 which I don’t buy. I don’t buy the truck shortage either. That happened 6 months ago and is no longer an issue. In fact I just got off the phone with corporate Honda and while she couldn’t give me Information as to why they’re sitting, she did say Honda is no longer experiencing issues with truck deliveries right now. The Hansen contract reportedly happened over 6 months ago and is no longer an issue.

Did you not read or understand what that guy just said?

There are labor shortages, therefore they cannot fully move all of the cars. They bought a Hansen contract to get the cars shipped, however it will takes several months before they can actually get them moved. So they'll just sit.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Outcome is further delays; delivery dates can't be confirmed at the moment. Not that they don't want to, they physically do not have the capacity to do it in an effective manner. They are working on it but logistical issues of this magnitude do not get fixed over night.
So the “weeks” we keep hearing is actually “months”???

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Not to be mean but I’m not buying the labor shortage. I questioned what he said because the cars aren’t going to sit until mid 2023. I’m not knocking what he said. I’m going by what dealers are telling me and others. Trucks are coming daily with vehicles that show pending and in transit in the inventory system daily but are showing up on the lots almost daily to weekly. Brand new CR-V and accords. The type R is being delivered to west coast deslers but east coast and mid west is dry

The dealer I have worked with said they talk to the truck drivers that are bringing these across the country and they haven’t had shortage issues for 8 weeks or more and that there are no delays on Hondas end.

What he wrote was fine saying there are shortages but the people he talked to just gave him a blanket answer on 2023 which I don’t buy. I don’t buy the truck shortage either. That happened 6 months ago and is no longer an issue. In fact I just got off the phone with corporate Honda and while she couldn’t give me Information as to why they’re sitting, she did say Honda is no longer experiencing issues with truck deliveries right now. The Hansen contract reportedly happened over 6 months ago and is no longer an issue.
If there were no issues, the east coast cars would have been here on the original arrival dates of 11/02-11/07 and the current ETA wouldn't keep changing every day, just saying

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
not denying there aren’t some type of issues. Evidently there is but I don’t buy that it’s a lack of drivers. There simply aren’t enough type r to go around and it sounds like Honda wants to wait until they have truck loads to ship them all at once so some dealers aren’t left out. That theory was actually thrown out here last week I think. Which isn’t fair but is what it is.

I feel like no one really knows. We have Honda corporate people saying one thing. Truck drivers telling dealers another. Etc etc. my main gripe is why even put dates and say in transit or release to vendor if they aren’t going to try to honor the dates. They had over 300 cars in CA over a month ago, maybe 2 months but only giving them to CA. Just frustrating

If there were no issues, the east coast cars would have been here on the original arrival dates of 11/02-11/07, just saying

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

Only time will tell. If there weren't any issues and everything was on track then some people with the 11/7 and 11/15 delivery dates would have already received them. Unless you know someone who is high level at Honda Corporate, I doubt they would know since the Type R is probably the lowest priority for them right now.

The fact that nobody has received a car yet over here suggests that things are not looking good imo

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
not denying there aren’t some type of issues. Evidently there is but I don’t buy that it’s a lack of drivers. There simply aren’t enough type r to go around and it sounds like Honda wants to wait until they have truck loads to ship them all at once so some dealers aren’t left out. That theory was actually thrown out here last week I think. Which isn’t fair but is what it is.

I feel like no one really knows. We have Honda corporate people saying one thing. Truck drivers telling dealers another. Etc etc. my main gripe is why even put dates and say in transit or release to vendor if they aren’t going to try to honor the dates. They had over 300 cars in CA over a month ago, maybe 2 months but only giving them to CA. Just frustrating
I agree with that last part. ETA’s starting 11/7. Why put ETA’s in the system if cars haven’t moved? They’re making us restless with these any day now ETA’s lol

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
And I’m not trying to come across as rude in here so I apologize if I did. Just frustrated like everyone else

Only time will tell. If there weren't any issues and everything was on track then some people with the 11/7 and 11/15 delivery dates would have already received them. Unless you know someone who is high level at Honda Corporate, I doubt they would know since the Type R is probably the lowest priority for them right now.

The fact that nobody has received a car yet over here suggests that things are not looking good imo

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Where did I say truck drivers? I said active labor, truck drivers aren't the only piece to the puzzle senor

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I agree with that last part. ETA’s starting 11/7. Why put ETA’s in the system if cars haven’t moved? They’re making us restless with these any day now ETA’s lol
Constantly changing ETAs in the system mean only one thing, there is a problem. What the problem is we don't know exactly we just know that one exists.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
just referring to labor in general sorry. I’m saying what I’m hearing from dealers and truck drivers that talk to these dealers is there is no issue with labor or any shortage issue. So that’s why it’s frustrating to hear of the delays. The labor and shipping in general was supposedly fixed over 8 weeks ago

Where did I say truck drivers? I said active labor, truck drivers aren't the only piece to the puzzle senor

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
just referring to labor in general sorry. I’m saying what I’m hearing from dealers and truck drivers that talk to these dealers is there is no issue with labor or any shortage issue. So that’s why it’s frustrating to hear of the delays. The labor and shipping in general was supposedly fixed over 8 weeks ago
Whoever said they were fixed 8 weeks ago is in-accurate. Maybe the amount of ppl is fine but not a single new Honda product has arrived on time this year. Every single recent new Honda product launch has been late. HRV was weeks late, 2023 CRVs only just started showing up consistently even though the national Honda Ad says they were at dealerships since the 28th of September. 2023 Pilot launches December 12th and I have $50 to hand out to anyone that receives their 2023 Pilot before January.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Guys, trust me we know you're frustrated; we are just as frustrated as you are. My GM literally said he would send his own truck for the car because our SGP CTR got an ETA of 11/07 and then that ETA was switched back to PENDING lol.

The quicker these bad boys move is the quicker I can get my RR FL5.
Sponsored