• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Mine arrived at the dealer today. This is what a few weeks worth of dirt sitting at the port looks like 😂. Picking up next week.

692392878.jpg

692392893.jpg

692392910.jpg

The dirt is so bad. I told my sales guy these were coming in dirty and asked that he ensure nobody from the dealer washes it and that they either have a professional detailer or the ppf outfit do it.

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8(sold), 02 T4R, 05 S2K, 23 FL5
The dirt is so bad. I told my sales guy these were coming in dirty and asked that he ensure nobody from the dealer washes it and that they either have a professional detailer or the ppf outfit do it.
Trust me I know, I work with the higher end luxury dealers and they use wheel brushes on the paint of cars like X3Ms then roll it through the auto washes. It's insane. Mine is staying just how it's pictured and trailering it straight to my detailer.

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Most Honda dealers have meat grinder auto washes. Given the traditional commodity products most customers don't care. My car came off truck with scratched wheel, loaded full of filth. But I mean its on open transport and rail before. They don't spend money or time on protection like premium brands. Its a Civic...

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Most Honda dealers have meat grinder auto washes. Given the traditional commodity products most customers don't care. My car came off truck with scratched wheel, loaded full of filth. But I mean its on open transport and rail before. They don't spend money or time on protection like premium brands. Its a Civic...

It is kind of sad. This is such a unique vehicle though that my dealer immediately went into accommodation mode which was a really good experience.

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
It is kind of sad. This is such a unique vehicle though that my dealer immediately went into accommodation mode which was a really good experience.
Yeah it it's definitely a different situation with this car. Right now it seems like most of the dealers are excited to see it. Most of the staff at my dealership was weirded out by the fact it was leaving completely dirty. But to your point I'd like to see how many buyers are going to get good accommodations for their special requests from most dealers

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Yeah it it's definitely a different situation with this car. Right now it seems like most of the dealers are excited to see it. Most of the staff at my dealership was weirded out by the fact it was leaving completely dirty. But to your point I'd like to see how many buyers are going to get good accommodations for their special requests from most dealers
Yeah I brought it up to mine and he was very insistent it would be very well taken care of being that it was a Type R. Said his detailer takes extra care. So I guess we’ll find out. Not the end of the world, and can always be corrected it need be.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
My dealer asked if I wanted them to keep it covered in everything before I asked. I think he deals with selling other specialty vehicles through their dealerships, so he's used to people asking. I'm excited about it, oddly. It should make some good before, during and after photos/videos.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Good luck. Hopefully something satisfactory happens there.

If you gave me those options I would tell you that you are welcome to have the car cleaned at your on expense. Or I would have my guys clean it like they would any other car.

Different dealers, different people... I know it is catching on to have "upgraded" initial cleanings at dealers at the buyers expense.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Good luck. Hopefully something satisfactory happens there.

If you gave me those options I would tell you that you are welcome to have the car cleaned at your on expense. Or I would have my guys clean it like they would any other car.

Different dealers, different people... I know it is catching on to have "upgraded" initial cleanings at dealers at the buyers expense.
I bought a full ppf through them. No luck needed. Will be just fine thanks.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Mine arrived at the dealer today. This is what a few weeks worth of dirt sitting at the port looks like 😂. Picking up next week.

692392878.jpg

692392893.jpg

692392910.jpg
So you are the one who got the one at Pensacola. Very nice…msrp right? What badge? Gotta be low since that vin was low

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So you are the one who got the one at Pensacola. Very nice…msrp right? What badge? Gotta be low since that vin was low
Saw on reddit there is a red one in Tampa. Not sure if he purchased it or not.
Sponsored