• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
How about other geo areas like Midwest?

I fn already bought mine and Honda can’t deliver once again. Same with the FL1. Hurry up and wait some more. They should just be transparent with their customers and admit they are going to be delayed by a certain range of time. It seems like any info and update is left to sleuthing and insider connections - wtf Honda.
Sponsored

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
So you already took out a loan? Damn.

I did a pre-approval. Looks like it will run out and will get fucked by the fed rate hike. At least by then I'll be able to save up alot more and put more down so I'll borrow less. Not sure what would be better. Take the loan now with lower down payment but lower interest rate. Or take loan later, higher interest rate but borrow alot less. I'd imagine option B would be better since I'd be borrowing less.
I did. It was either buy now or they would sell to someone else.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Is there anyway to see a more detailed tracking other than "In Transit"? My salesman said mine was "released to vendor" and that should mean it left California. He then told me by train which I assumed he can't know

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Mine also released to vendor 2 weeks ago He told me that he received a truckload of CR-V and accords last Friday but when you look up that shipment in the Honda inventory system they still show pending and in transit. That’s hilarious to me. The tracking system is broken.

Is there anyway to see a more detailed tracking other than "In Transit"? My salesman said mine was "released to vendor" and that should mean it left California. He then told me by train which I assumed he can't know

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
If they delay shipment long enough, maybe Honda will have made more FL5 and shipped them over from Japan, flooding the market with more cars and we can all get them for MSRP (someone wake me up pls)

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
How about other geo areas like Midwest?

I fn already bought mine and Honda can’t deliver once again. Same with the FL1. Hurry up and wait some more. They should just be transparent with their customers and admit they are going to be delayed by a certain range of time. It seems like any info and update is left to sleuthing and insider connections - wtf Honda.
No idea abt the Midwest and the person I spoke to wouldn't know about the Mid-west either. Their district is Florida, so this info only applies to Florida.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
If they delay shipment long enough, maybe Honda will have made more FL5 and shipped them over from Japan, flooding the market with more cars and we can all get them for MSRP (someone wake me up pls)
Keep going..

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
There isn't unfortunately. "Released to vendor" does mean its left Cali but unless the system updates we're essentially blind.

Mine also released to vendor 2 weeks ago He told me that he received a truckload of CR-V and accords last Friday but when you look up that shipment in the Honda inventory system they still show pending and in transit. That’s hilarious to me. The tracking system is broken.
I said this a while back, tracking system is bordeline useless sometimes

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
There isn't unfortunately. "Released to vendor" does mean its left Cali but unless the system updates we're essentially blind.

I said this a while back, tracking system is bordeline useless sometimes
I'd say left Cali is a start.. lol. It only needs to make it to Texas :confused1:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
No idea abt the Midwest and the person I spoke to wouldn't know about the Mid-west either. Their district is Florida, so this info only applies to Florida.
Well at least we have folks like your self helping the board. Bad news or not you’re appreciated.

Last edited:

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
just referring to labor in general sorry. I’m saying what I’m hearing from dealers and truck drivers that talk to these dealers is there is no issue with labor or any shortage issue. So that’s why it’s frustrating to hear of the delays. The labor and shipping in general was supposedly fixed over 8 weeks ago
I think the problem is the actual port. Honda gets their cars made domestically in the US by truck transport. These cars are coming from overseas. It takes about 5 days to transport a car from the west coast to the east in ideal circumstances. They just haven't been either released by the port or physically loaded onto the train cars. Once they get moving they should arrive within a week. Doesn't matter how many truck drivers you have on hand if the cars are on a rail car.

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I'm happy with my choice, of color, but not going to lie, I'm hoping by this delay, second allocations could land. Then maybe some dealers could get more than one car. Giving us maybe a different choice of color :D?
that could be the upside in all this waiting.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
One of the reviewers (Goose? TH? TSP?) mentioned supply right now is super short, like 500 in the US b/c Japan needs to fill their 10,000 domestic orders. So..... we..... wait.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
One of the reviewers (Goose? TH? TSP?) mentioned supply right now is super short, like 500 in the US b/c Japan needs to fill their 10,000 domestic orders. So..... we..... wait.
Those 500 are already on US soil