• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Those 500 are already on US soil
I guess that was kinda my point. That doesn't sound like a whole lot when the demand is through the roof.
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
The issue is these 500 (outside of ones that went to west) aren’t being delivered to Midwest and east coast that already have allocations/purchases

I guess that was kinda my point. That doesn't sound like a whole lot when the demand is through the roof.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Maybe this is Honda introducing green to the FL5 color lineup? There will be moss growing on these by the time they get anywhere off that port.

332rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Honda Civic LX, 2015 Accord Sport 2.4L
Dam - you guys are really going crazy for the status

and this is why

These are the dealer that haveFL5 in the showroom currently
Look at the 25+ in SoCal lol just siting there

I visited my local dealer and saw the Black FL5 - they are asking 20k over MSRP
11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations 1668671385641

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations 1668671598512

In total here is the goals inventory including what is in transit currently (stuck at ports)
11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations 1668671078544

332rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Honda Civic LX, 2015 Accord Sport 2.4L
I was told that everyone on the waiting list for the FL5 sting at my local dealer, failed to qualify for a loan so it is up for graps if anyone is interested.

FYI - they rejected a few offers of $15k over MSARP, they seem to be firm on the $20k

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
So I called a local dealer(one that I don't have a deposit at) just to see what they'd say and the guy said by the end of the month he said he was 99.9% sure. (Lord I hope so this wait has gone on for a bit) It's not even that it's intolerable to wait... it's intolerable to wait with poor information.

Either way this is Babylon Honda, in Babylon NY, and they want upwards of 20K over sticker for a Champ White Type R.

Again he was fairly certain it's going to be the end of the month. Makes sense honestly, I mean next week is the holiday and then it's kind of a sprint until Jan and I imagine it looks good fiscally for Honda if the cars are out and sold out( kind of like the shit show that was the recent release of the 30 series GPU's) I mean 40 series is out now and I imagine Honda just like NVIDIA is perfectly okay with this paper launch. Even though the car will be in people's hands. LOL 500 cars?? Paper launch :)

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
So I called a local dealer(one that I don't have a deposit at) just to see what they'd say and the guy said by the end of the month he said he was 99.9% sure. (Lord I hope so this wait has gone on for a bit) It's not even that it's intolerable to wait... it's intolerable to wait with poor information.

Either way this is Babylon Honda, in Babylon NY, and they want upwards of 20K over sticker for a Champ White Type R.

Again he was fairly certain it's going to be the end of the month. Makes sense honestly, I mean next week is the holiday and then it's kind of a sprint until Jan and I imagine it looks good fiscally for Honda if the cars are out and sold out( kind of like the shit show that was the recent release of the 30 series GPU's) I mean 40 series is out now and I imagine Honda just like NVIDIA is perfectly okay with this paper launch. Even though the car will be in people's hands. LOL 500 cars?? Paper launch :)
I hope so but I seriously doubt it. With Thanksgiving next week and the labor strike threatening the port the following week I think we will be lucky to see these cars by the end of the year. I could be flat wrong and I hope I am but that's the reality. I work in supply chain for a major company and all our containers coming from the west coast are severely delayed. If we knew a container number I could tell you exactly when they came off the water

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
dude that’s excellent news. Did that come from Honda? Any hints as to what the holdups were?

Most of all the cars that have been sitting at port are being released week of Nov 20th. I can't say why but there were multiple hold ups (not related to vehicle issues)

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Thank you for this information man. It’s much appreciated. What do we think is a good timeframe for travel time from port to deslers? A week maybe? I know holiday will add a couple days

It's a reliable source. It was multiple issues, including logistics. But all has been cleared.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
It's a reliable source. It was multiple issues, including logistics. But all has been cleared.
While that is admittedly very good news, after watching your excellent video on the FL5, I am now seriously considering not purchasing during this initial wave due to the ADM required to do so. I am currently waiting on mine to arrive from the port.

I appreciate you sharing the info above, as well as the excellent review you produced, as usual.

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
While that is admittedly very good news, watching your excellent video on the FL5, I am now seriously considering not purchasing due to the ADM required to do so.

I appreciate you sharing the info above, as well as the excellent review you produced, as usual.
Id wait. Puts more pressure on dealers. I'm gonna be doing a follow up video about this with the dealers I am working with. As mentioned maybe moot point if banks are not gonna front money for loans anyway.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Thanks for the update. We appreciate you. Sad that it can’t come straight from Honda. Overall good news though.
Sponsored