• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Take this with a grain of salt, but I just spoke to a dealer here on the East Coast and they said that there was a "major logistics issue" and as a result, East Coast deliveries have been pushed until Q1 2023.
Yeah bro we can't take any more bad news please stop 😂
Sponsored

Chrisfl5

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
Mine going to MS new eta is 12/4 but still sitting in California

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Yeah bro we can't take any more bad news please stop 😂
I agree, I'll believe anything that's not the car showing up haha. I kind of feel like at this point it's all stories until the car actually lands.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
I expect it 1st quarter of 2023 but if it actually comes next week I'll be surprised and super happy.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Honda Carland, Stone Crest Honda and Carey Paul Honda all show arrival dates for 11/25(I doubt that'll happen tbh)

Everybody else is pending
How about the Mn cars mine was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago. The latest ETA was for between 11/21 and 11/25. The car never showed up. Now. Yesterday, the GM told me it’s still showing in transit with a code red, whatever that means. It’s been in transit for over a month now. Any ideas for the 4 cars that have already been pre sold at 4 dealerships in the twin Cities Metro area ? My car was sold over a month ago, and they have been letting me use a loaner car at no cost until the new Type R shows up. Any ideas would be helpful ! See later post with vin#.
Thank You and it’s appreciated if you could see if the car is on the way ?

Last edited:

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
And still no update for MN.
Seems like ours are on the same truck or train. I am getting a white car and know there’s only 4 more cars coming, 2 SGP, 1 BB and 1 other White Car for the other dealers. Please let me know if you get any updates? My ETA was last week 11/21 to 11/25 still not here when I checked last week. it was still in CA with a code Red what ever that means ? That was with a ETA of last week ! Thanks for any info. My all season tires and the other stuff are all in but no car. Lol enjoy yours !
Regards by the way, I had ordered a SGP and got a Championship White. If you ordered a White and would want to swap cars if you’re close to my dealership, let me know. And I can make it happen if you want. We would just have to tell the dealerships to swap cars the minute they come in. I am still happy with the white regardless if need be. Never had a white car before to hard to keep pretty at my age lol
Regards

Last edited:

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yeah, we did the loan approval and all the paperwork already. That expires the 5th so it's probably going to cost me a higher interest rate.
I am in the same boat. And I think our cars are on the same truck. Please let me know if you hear anything? Thank you.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Nothing's been showing for MS, gotta call Patty Peck on that one
Sorry to bother you ! Any chance you could look mine up ? It would be appreciated ! last eta I got was last week 11/21 through 11/25 and the car never showed up and still shows in Ca and in transit, for a month or more now. With a code red, whatever that is ? Do you know ? Thanks Vin# JHMFL5G4XPX000414

Last edited:

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Got a call yesterday afternoon from my salesperson in Illinois I had been working with. Bad news for the east coast. He said that the word directly from Honda is that his dealership was told that much of the expected inventory heading to the east coast would not make it until February or March. They’re actually refunding a long list of deposits due to the lack of production information that Honda has been able to provide them. I believe they had a list of 60+ (they sell at MSRP with no markup).

In short, because of the uncertainty regarding total production/allocation to his dealership, they decided it was best to go ahead and refund the deposits rather than hold onto them. While disappointing, I appreciated his honesty and efforts.

Personally, until the madness dies down, I opted to just pick up a 6-speed Integra Aspec/Tech. While definitely not a FL5, it’s a great daily driver.

Best of luck to all those who are waiting and searching. Hopefully you’ll get/find yours sooner than later.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Got a call yesterday afternoon from my salesperson in Illinois I had been working with. Bad news for the east coast. He said that the word directly from Honda is that his dealership was told that much of the expected inventory heading to the east coast would not make it until February or March. They’re actually refunding a long list of deposits due to the lack of production information that Honda has been able to provide them. I believe they had a list of 60+ (they sell at MSRP with no markup).

In short, because of the uncertainty regarding total production/allocation to his dealership, they decided it was best to go ahead and refund the deposits rather than hold onto them. While disappointing, I appreciated his honesty and efforts.

Personally, until the madness dies down, I opted to just pick up a 6-speed Integra Aspec/Tech. While definitely not a FL5, it’s a great daily driver.

Best of luck to all those who are waiting and searching. Hopefully you’ll get/find yours sooner than later.
This can be interpreted several ways. What is in transit should get there sooner. Any additional allocations likely on pause for the time being.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
This can be interpreted several ways. What is in transit should get there sooner. Any additional allocations likely on pause for the time being.
I thought the same, but he confirmed that he was referring to the allocations that had actually made it to CA.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I feel as if this is information we kind of already knew. No new allocations allocated and delivered until Q1 2023 past the initial rollout of allocations.

Either way continue to keep in touch with your dealers, stay on every list you can and once new allocations hit call every dealer you know is getting one!

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the same, but he confirmed that he was referring to the allocations that had actually made it to CA.
So is he talking about lack of allocation to his dealership or delays in logistics? Seems to be two different issues here.

Logistically, ones in Richmond and on trains/trucks are otw, unless another logistics issue has risen.

Sounds like your dealer is refunding deposits because of lack of allocations to his dealership along with the lack of info honda has provided overall. Not sure how that eludes to logistical delays though for whats currently in the US.

Either way if there is anything we have learned from this entire experience, it's that 9 times out 10 we usually know more than the dealers. I still get calls from dealers that I've contacted that will say "Honda still hasn't released any pricing information or any allocations yet!" So that tells me everything I need to know.

Last edited:

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra

Which dealership is this?

I’m reading two different things here. Did he have VINS already assigned to his dealership? I pull up Illinois on the map of VINS assigned to dealerships and they have a handful. It seems like he’s talking about future allocations that they don’t have VINs for. I can’t see a dealership refunding a deposit for a vehicle that has been pre-sold even if the ETA is pushed back to Q1 of CY23.
Sponsored