• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
With the proposed 3 year run, seems likely we end up with less than 10,000 FL5’s in the US. Good news for some, bad news for others.

My guess is we’ll be closer to 6,000-8,000 cars.
I feel like so much about that number sucks.
Its cool for resale
but like what about parts in the long run, I know it shares the hatchback platform, but like what about Type R specific OEM parts long term?
Aftermarket would likely soley based out of japan which is $$$$
Idk just seems like such a missed opportunity to have the last ICE type R be as available as the FK8 was.
Also the more rare this car is, god forbid it gets stolen? makes the car into a target for vandals and thieves, kinda scary.
Sponsored

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I feel like so much about that number sucks.
Its cool for resale
but like what about parts in the long run, I know it shares the hatchback platform, but like what about Type R specific OEM parts long term?
Aftermarket would likely soley based out of japan which is $$$$
Idk just seems like such a missed opportunity to have the last ICE type R be as available as the FK8 was.
Also the more rare this car is, god forbid it gets stolen? makes the car into a target for vandals and thieves, kinda scary.
Consider yours already stolen being in Chicago. 😂

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Consider yours already stolen being in Chicago. 😂
I think you got our Murder rate and vehicle theft numbers mixed....which is really sad

but, Im pretty sure factually, CO is on every websites top 3 states for theft, so ill dodge the bullets, you just watch that car and always mind the rearview on the route home 🤣

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
In your experience, what would the eta be?
Any chance it arrives this Friday or next?
Congratulations, but come back in 2 or 3 months when you get your new car. Lol. Friday? Funniest thing I have ever seen on this thread ! No offense intended.
kind regards

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I think you got our Murder rate and vehicle theft numbers mixed....which is really sad

but, Im pretty sure factually, CO is on every websites top 3 states for theft, so ill dodge the bullets, you just watch that car and always mind the rearview on the route home 🤣
True. You aren't wrong! They like to steal them here and take them down to the border I am pretty sure. Either way our state DA is soft on crime in general so that doesn't help at all.

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
True. You aren't wrong! They like to steal them here and take them down to the border I am pretty sure. Either way our state DA is soft on crime in general so that doesn't help at all.
That actually makes quite a bit of sense, here (im border actualy city of chicago, border meaning if i cross my street to the other side im in chicago and not my "suburb" LOL) we have a catalytic converter epidemic, so much so that the local PD is offering alarms for it?! truly a special place in hell for thieves

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
@AspecR Any tracking or ETA information on the following vin?
JHMFL5G40PX001110

It's unclear to me where it stands from the dealership perspective, and they don't seem to know much either. Thanks in advance!

rocket29329

Banned
Banned
First Name
var
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi
I don't know what is honda doing. Car has been sitting at port for more than 4 weeks and they did not even ship it. On the tracker none of the cars have been delivered yet for production date of 2/10. Like just ship it, how hard is it ? Worst part is car is sitting at port for no reason

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I don't know what is honda doing. Car has been sitting at port for more than 4 weeks and they did not even ship it. On the tracker none of the cars have been delivered yet for production date of 2/10. Like just ship it, how hard is it ? Worst part is car is sitting at port for no reason
How did you find out that information regarding the car sitting at the port?

rocket29329

Banned
Banned
First Name
var
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi
How did you find out that information regarding the car sitting at the port?
My salesperson told me 4 weeks ago and I checked with AspecR yesterday and he told me same so I am kinda mad atm lol like 4 weeks bro and car did not move an inch. What a joke

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
JHMFL5G40PX001110

It's unclear to me where it stands from the dealership perspective, and they don't seem to know much either. Thanks in advance!
Which dealership did you get your car from? Just noticed you're from MA

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
My salesperson told me 4 weeks ago and I checked with AspecR yesterday and he told me same so I am kinda mad atm lol like 4 weeks bro and car did not move an inch. What a joke
Gotcha. I'm dealing with a dealership that literally has provided me a VIN but no better ETA other then by March. It's getting difficult to arrange my financing as I have no clear window on the car

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
JHMFL5G40PX001110

Not their fault, not much has been updated for that VIN. Car is in the country but still pending, I can't see an ETA yet
Sponsored