• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I’m in the southeast and it seems to be a Type R desert at the moment. 2 cars in Tennessee, 1 in Mississippi and 2 in Georgia. All way over msrp. Did the the stop sell order because of the seat issue affect shipments/allocations?
Sir with all due respect, that is a False Statement. The only cars to have a recall for the drivers side seat is the first ones that came out a long time ago. I think anything below Ser# 650. Anything above the first cars were not affected at all. I know , I own one of the first cars. Happy Car Shopping.
regards
Sponsored

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSXR
Sir with all due respect, that is a False Statement. The only cars to have a recall for the drivers side seat is the first ones that came out a long time ago. I think anything below Ser# 650. Anything above the first cars were not affected at all. I know , I own one of the first cars. Happy Car Shopping.
regards
Is it a false statement that it had an affect on allocations? Because previously the number would jump up every month or so but since the recall it’s stayed stagnant.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
regards
It's not a declaration, it's just a question and a valid one.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
It's not a declaration, it's just a question and a valid one.
True, it was just a question, and should have been replied to as a question.

However, the second part of his statement was accurate -- that it only affected the early models. Those of us with later models had no recall, and mine was delivered in February... meaning that sometime in the beginning of this year, the factory had already dealt with the problem at the beginning of 2023. The only way i see that it would impact car deliveries is if there was a part that they needed for the correction that wasn't produced in high enough numbers, so they are now waiting for more.

However... we see that there have been a lot of deliveries in other parts of the country, so it's not an overall reduction in allocations. In the chicago area, we are having about the same allocations now that we had in the beginning of the year. In fact, one of the big dealers here just got 2 cars... whereas they only got 1 the 1st time. And, just like earlier... the lower-volume dealers are still waiting on another allocation... or their 1st allocation.

Based on what was posted a year ago, we are actually ahead of Honda's projection of total allocations. So, it's also possible that Honda wasn't expecting quite this high a demand and is backordered on any number of parts... including what might have been contracted with the usa engine manufacturing. Those of you familiar with manufacturing would know... there are a ton of possible supply-chain issues that could be slowing down production... not the least of which is that Honda had already told us this was a limited production model, so they may not have intended to do anything more than they have.

Only Honda knows... and if anyone gets any info from Honda, we are all intrigued.

Last edited:

karizmasonya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW Dinan 135i, 2004 Honda S2000, 2013 Honda Civic LX
I see there have been some new allocations. Still not much in the the heart of the southeast. I was able to find a car. I’m picking it up tomorrow. I think the influx of allocations gave the dealership room to negotiate.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I see there have been some new allocations. Still not much in the the heart of the southeast. I was able to find a car. I’m picking it up tomorrow. I think the influx of allocations gave the dealership room to negotiate.
What was original ADM and what were you able to negotiate?

karizmasonya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW Dinan 135i, 2004 Honda S2000, 2013 Honda Civic LX
Was 12k got down to 10k plus 1k military discount and the $3k forged wheels thrown in. That’s the best deal I’ve been able to get. Would have waited for other better opportunity but being in the southeast and getting lower volume I went ahead and took the deal. I’ll make some $ when I sell the original wheels too.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Was 12k got down to 10k plus 1k military discount and the $3k forged wheels thrown in. That’s the best deal I’ve been able to get. Would have waited for other better opportunity but being in the southeast and getting lower volume I went ahead and took the deal. I’ll make some $ when I sell the original wheels too.
Mind sharing what dealership you got yours from?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Not bad at all, better than most that you’re gonna find in the southeast

Ayblaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
@AspecR any word on future allocations later in the year specifically in PA around the pittsburgh area? Currently on a few waitlists but have hardly seen any come up since the first batch from the end of last year. Wondering if there is hope for later in the year or if cars tend to primarily go to the hot markets/ biggest dealerships?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@AspecR any word on future allocations later in the year specifically in PA around the pittsburgh area? Currently on a few waitlists but have hardly seen any come up since the first batch from the end of last year. Wondering if there is hope for later in the year or if cars tend to primarily go to the hot markets/ biggest dealerships?

The largest markets will get the most cars, Florida, California, and New York being the biggest. PA will get more but they'll only really get after the big markets have been satisfied. They havent been satisfied yet.

Ayblaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The largest markets will get the most cars, Florida, California, and New York being the biggest. PA will get more but they'll only really get after the big markets have been satisfied. They havent been satisfied yet.
Thanks for the insight!
Is it possible PA dealers will get some allocation later this year or will it be pretty bleak? Still holding out right now for a championship white but wondering if it may be prudent for me to start expanding my search even with a markup...

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Thanks for the insight!
Is it possible PA dealers will get some allocation later this year or will it be pretty bleak? Still holding out right now for a championship white but wondering if it may be prudent for me to start expanding my search even with a markup...

Just to reinforce what @AspecR said... I live within the Chicago area -- the 2nd or 3rd largest metropolitan area in the whole usa (depending on what year and how they tally) -- yet, illinois as a whole is such a small market for sales that there are several dealers here (not to mention those outside the chicago area in IL) that have Never gotten a car... or have only gotten 1 and are still hoping to get another.

CTRs were scarfed up by collectors and general car enthusiasts due to all the rave reviews...so those of us who want/need an affordable performance car and/or hatch (as opposed to a coupe or other muscle car) are left with the spoils. :(

Hang in there... i can assure you it's worth the wait (AND worth a "reasonable" ADM).

ADDENDUM... we are still in the throes of super-hype for this car. Once there is more excitement and more to talk about with the new 2024 models, it will help. The reviewers are not yet distracted enough by other toys. The hype has been more intense than usual since there are so few comperable options. But, that is what the other marketing departments are paid to do... distract the reviewers over to their products. Let's hope the marketers are good at their jobs. :stirthepot:

Last edited:

Ayblaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Just to reinforce what @AspecR said... I live within the Chicago area -- the 2nd or 3rd largest metropolitan area in the whole usa (depending on what year and how they tally) -- yet, illinois as a whole is such a small market for sales that there are several dealers here (not to mention those outside the chicago area in IL) that have Never gotten a car... or have only gotten 1 and are still hoping to get another.

CTRs were scarfed up by collectors and general car enthusiasts due to all the rave reviews and those of us who want/need an affordable performance car and/or hatch (as opposed to a coupe or other muscle car) are left with the spoils. :(

Hang in there... i can assure you it's worth the wait (AND worth the "reasonable" ADM).
Fingers crossed! I should probably also stop watching all these youtube videos on these cars too, ha.
Sponsored