• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Eventuri intake available for sale

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
And why is that? Based on the commentary from @Two Step Performance it appears the Gruppe M intake better cares for additional air intake.
Hopefully when @PointByPatrol gets his I will have more data for you guys so you can choose what works for you.

I think a drop in filter is the best way to go for a stock turbo and call it a day. Until more options come to market.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It looks way easier to get to the filter for cleaning for one thing. The Gruppem looks like you have to take the box apart more than halfway to get to it. The Gruppem also has its own intake duct that fits down in front of the radiator. You have to undo part of the top of the front bumper to get it in there. How did your installation go?
I don't have the Gruppe M intake or any other intake. At this price point, it seems one would gravitate toward the intake system that ostensibly has the best design and focus less on installation difficulty. I also don't imagine you'd need to clean the air filter in a closed box design very often.

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
I don't have the Gruppe M intake or any other intake. At this price point, it seems one would gravitate toward the intake system that ostensibly has the best design and focus less on installation difficulty. I also don't imagine you'd need to clean the air filter in a closed box design very often.
That's cool. Your post made it seem to me that you had experience with installation ........ just looking for some pointers. I clean my air filter with every oil change. Why? .......... because I can, but that's just me.

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
And why is that? Based on the commentary from @Two Step Performance it appears the Gruppe M intake better cares for additional air intake.
Not sure if you have any Acuity products, but they are top notch not only from a quality standpoint, but also have amazing customer service. If they are making an intake for the public, I'd wait too.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Blitz also has an intake but from what I can see on YT videos, it looks like a rebranded GroupeM intake.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just use a naca duct in the hood and ram air into the box😂
Removes headlight. Rams homemade PVC whale penis through headlight hole. Falcon punches all of the air at 88mph.

I miss the 90's lol

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Removes headlight. Rams homemade PVC whale penis through headlight hole. Falcon punches all of the air at 88mph.

I miss the 90's lol
Ah the good old days! But really a vent in the hood right where the airbox opening is would give a lot of airflow.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S

I miss the 90's lol
Yeah, it's all good till you shoot a 12' flame out the front of your headlight because you forgot to purge your NOS line and melt your rubber maid cold air intake box and piping. Not that I ever did that...

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yeah, it's all good till you shoot a 12' flame out the front of your headlight because you forgot to purge your NOS line and melt your rubber maid cold air intake box and piping. Not that I ever did that...
We all saw what happened to Spilner's ride after Johnny Tran's thugs had their way with it 😉

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
That’s why, leaving it stock is the way to go.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Remind me of the PRL cobra. That I take was a beast!!!!!!!!

Seem to be the case! I doubt it makes its way to consumer vehicles (and I can't tell how / if a filter is implemented), but this Acuity intake off one of the track-only FL5s they've worked with goes right into the passenger wheel well:

IMG_3423.png