• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Eventuri intake available for sale

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
.......... intake looks cool but Im kinda eh about the cover ............................

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
They've really fallen off recently it seems. Very sad.
It should be noted that PRL’s intake development was extended because they identified a restriction in the factory air inlet location that serves as a choke point as one approaches and exceeds 400whp on the FL5 platform. That won’t be relevant to all owners but I’m glad they took care of it with the additional intake duct.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I wasn't aware of this! Thank you for sharing this with the community! My frustration wasn't necessarily concerning the intake specifically, but some of the hiccups that seem to have transpired with the transition to new ownership, which I'm sure was rocky for the individuals involved.

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
Why isnt that told to the public?
Exactly ......... it took a Mod to inform us instead of PRL. We should of had this information months ago and it probably would of canceled a lot confusion.

IMHO ........ it is like this with intakes for our FL5's. The only decent designed solutions cost around 1200.00 or more just for the box. Logically, I can see why folks would not want to spend that. Not everyone is looking for titanium and carbon fiber to increase air flow. Some company needs to develop a mid range solution that does not use exotic parts that drive up the cost ......... you know, something everyone could afford without breaking the bank. I thought along with many others that PRL was going to fill this void. Probably a good reason why there is disappointment at the moment. If somebody would develop a system and keep it at a nominal price. they would absolutely clean up in that segment ......... they would get my money for sure. It's not like the FL5 came out yesterday. I do not understand why some company cannot accomplish this and make money along with giving us what we want at the same time. OK .......... rant over .......... just frustrated.

Last edited:

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Exactly ......... it took a Mod to inform us instead of PRL. We should of had this information months ago and it probably would of canceled a lot confusion.

IMHO ........ it is like this with intakes for our FL5's. The only decent designed solutions cost around 1200.00 or more just for the box. Logically, I can see why folks would not want to spend that. Not everyone is looking for titanium and carbon fiber to increase air flow. Some company needs to develop a mid range solution that does not use exotic parts that drive up the cost ......... you know, something everyone could afford without breaking the bank. I thought along with many others that PRL was going to fill this void. Probably a good reason why there is disappointment at the moment. If somebody would develop a system and keep it at a nominal price. they would absolutely clean up in that segment ......... they would get my money for sure. It's not like the FL5 came out yesterday. I do not understand why some company cannot accomplish this and make money along with giving us what we want at the same time. OK .......... rant over .......... just frustrated.
Why is everyone so impatient? The car has been out for 1 year and a couple of months and it definitely wasn't easy to acquire one in the beginning(looking at you ADM). When you break it down, I think it's not that unreasonable for products to have been released when they have been. Also, as others have mentioned, PRL changing ownership hands definitely seems to have caused some issues as well, which is also understandable.

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
Why is everyone so impatient? The car has been out for 1 year and a couple of months and it definitely wasn't easy to acquire one in the beginning(looking at you ADM). When you break it down, I think it's not that unreasonable for products to have been released when they have been. Also, as others have mentioned, PRL changing ownership hands definitely seems to have caused some issues as well, which is also understandable.
Ahhh .......... The patience of Job. I commend you sir for your reasoning and I respect your logic. Are you going to be among the folks that preorder the intake on 2/19? Another old saying ........ A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ......... ;-)

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
From what I've gathered it's less about patience and more about change management. From a customer experience standpoint PRL has completely bungled the handoff of their business. Not sure that's even debatable. The company was acquired some time ago, not last month and yet and still there's no effort to course correct. The customer experience related bits people were complaining about last year, they're complaining about today. What's most shocking to me is the consumer's willingness to beg PRL to take their money even after continued missteps. People out here acting like PRL is Apple, Rolex, or some other blue chip outfit with an irresistible product.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
From what I've gathered it's less about patience and more about change management. From a customer experience standpoint PRL has completely bungled the handoff of their business. Not sure that's even debatable. The company was acquired some time ago, not last month and yet and still there's no effort to course correct. The customer experience related bits people were complaining about last year, they're complaining about today. What's most shocking to me is the consumer's willingness to beg PRL to take their money even after continued missteps. People out here acting like PRL is Apple, Rolex, or some other blue chip outfit with an irresistible product.
Agreed... after what I went through for a $130 RMM (months of waiting, over 5 separate guarantees that "it will ship next fulfillment on [date]", poor customer service re: response times, communication, etc.), I won't do business with them again -- caveat being if they establish a clear pattern of course correction (i.e. they earn it).

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
In other words. Quit riding PRLs 🍆

But really they make good products. Just don't order straight through them. Get their products from the vendors that actually have the items on hand.

Last edited:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Just heard from our US based Eventuri rep that the first batch is all allocated, estimated 3-4 week wait for the next batch. Of course I am sure there are some dealers that have some left in stock. (Not us :p )
Sponsored