• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
I think the 11th gen's improved steering, shifting, suspension tuning, chassis rigidity, power delivery, exhaust note, as well as improved interior and exterior styling make it a worthy successor to the 10th gen.

But if heated seats and foglights are more important than all those things to other people, that's fine too. We all have different priorities!
MotorTrend tested the new si and compared it to the 10th gen and it actually performed worse in every category. Slower 0-60, 60-0, less average g’s on the figure eight, and slower time on the slalom track. It doesnt perform better. Until we get other reviewers showing us actual empirical evidence and not “it feels better” then we cant say they improved anything. This gen is looking like a dud.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
There is some media/reviewer bias out there. So many of them didn't like the 10th gen Si styling so they are going all out to puff up the 11th.

All the reviews have said the 11th rides harsher but somehow twist that as a knock of the 10th for riding too soft. It's obviously slower, but reviewers gush over it being smoother.

Is it a better car? Maybe. I think it's just different. A little slower, a little more refined. A little more subdued. But I get it, numbers don't tell the whole story. I know the 11th is a nice sophisticated car but the impression some reviewers give is that the 10th was trash and that's biased.

Last edited:

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
$35k? MSRP is $28,500 including delivery, which is $3000 less than a GTI and $5000 less than a Elantra N. Not to mention the Civic will have far better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, and better resale value than those cars.

As for the missing features:

Heated seats - yes, I admit this sucks
Temp gauge - yeah, a tiny annoyance

Shift lights - silly
Digital speedometer - who cares
Adaptive dampers - gimmick, an engineer's excuse to make normal too soft and sport too harsh. Well tuned suspension doesn't need "modes"
Fog lights - gimmick, I have always had cars with fog lights and never used them, even in fog. All they do is light up the road ten feet in front of you.

But hey I'm not trying to convince anyone, but it is annoying that everyone seems to absolutely love the new Si... except for people on Civic forums!
You're not going to find an Si available at MSRP

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Wow! Lots of opinions her on both sides. Unfortunately, I am needing to replace my daily driver. My daughter rolled my 2013 Focus sedan. It was a 5 speed manual. She is okay and now a better driver!

I put a deposit on a 2022 Si on December 3rd. I should see it this summer. Yeah, its a long wait, but I have my my old Corolla FX16 to bridge the gap. I did not want to buy another car before retirement, but here I am, still 9 years away.

I chose the Si as locally, all 10th gen Si's cost the same as new. Sad! Also, my toy is a '19 CTR and the driving dynamics will be similar to make transitioning to autocrossing the CTR more seamless!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the Si is meant to be an all-rounder. And it is a worthy successor to the 10th. But man, the 0-60 speed is a step back from the 10th. Here's some screens from a Ososick YouTube video with a few runs. Some of this could be driver skill but this guy is obviously a bit of a vet...

Flooring it from a stop; no launch
11th Gen Honda Civic Everyone loves the 11thgen 2022 Civic  Si : Straight Pipes review - “Perfect Civic!” Capture2.GIF

2000 rpm launch
11th Gen Honda Civic Everyone loves the 11thgen 2022 Civic  Si : Straight Pipes review - “Perfect Civic!” Capture1.GIF

3000 rpm launch
11th Gen Honda Civic Everyone loves the 11thgen 2022 Civic  Si : Straight Pipes review - “Perfect Civic!” Capture

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJoA6rseVk

Last edited:

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
The thing that I find shocking is straight line acceleration from a stop. I get it, an Si is meant to be an all-rounder.And it is worthy successor to the 10th.

But man, the 0-60 speed just is a step back. Here's a screen from a real world Ososick YouTube video. I get it, some of it could be driver skill but this guy is obviously a bit of a vet...

View attachment 224384
That's sad lol

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
I dunno, Im not the greatest driver but i can do 7 secs without really trying. Im assuming someone can get a high 6 second 0-60.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
It is interesting that there are so many overpriced 10th gens on lots right now. At some point in the next year, I have a feeling there are going to buy a batch of them for high prices and supply will start to catch up and those 10th gens are going to collect dust. The thought of someone paying more than new-MSRP for my old ‘18 is crazy… because that’s what Carmax paid to buy it off me.

I can’t really get excited about the new gen 11s. And at their higher price point between inflation and the inability to wheel and deal to get prices under invoice don’t make it a bang-for-the-buck car anymore. I think it’d be tough to snag one more much under $30k OTD anymore… and that was the wish price for an R-lite with a K20C4 during gen 10s run. The initial modding noise even with exhaust VTEC and the different turbo don’t look to have given the cars substantially more headroom. It looks like a fine car but it feels like a play-it-safe generation with a mild refresh. It was a great time to sell my gen 10. I haven’t read or seen anything to make it stand out from my old car compelling me to visit a Honda dealer to even give a gen 11 a test drive.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One other thing and I'll go back to my home at CivicX. Everyone is praising the 11th interior as amazing and I certainly think it's nice looking and well put together. Yet that stuck on tablet looks awful IMO and that flat "retro dash" is "meh" to me. The 10th gen interior isn't as bad as many people make it out to be. I'm out.

Enjoy your 11th gens.

11th Gen Honda Civic Everyone loves the 11thgen 2022 Civic  Si : Straight Pipes review - “Perfect Civic!” 2020-Honda-Civic-Si-Interior

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
One other thing and I'll go back to my home at CivicX. Everyone is praising the 11th interior as amazing and I certainly think it's nice looking and well put together. Yet that stuck on tablet looks awful IMO and that flat "retro dash" is "meh" to me. The 10th gen interior isn't as bad as many people make it out to be. I'm out.

Enjoy your 11th gens.

2020-Honda-Civic-Si-Interior.jpg

When you sit in both you'll understand.

narwhalsteak

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
MotorTrend tested the new si and compared it to the 10th gen and it actually performed worse in every category. Slower 0-60, 60-0, less average g’s on the figure eight, and slower time on the slalom track. It doesnt perform better. Until we get other reviewers showing us actual empirical evidence and not “it feels better” then we cant say they improved anything. This gen is looking like a dud.
Such an interesting perspective! And I mean that in a sincere non-sarcastic way. It all depends on what you’re buying the car for. I guess If you’re serious about tracking, good feelings don’t win races. For me, numbers don’t make me happy. Good feels make me happy.

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Such an interesting perspective! And I mean that in a sincere non-sarcastic way. It all depends on what you’re buying the car for. I guess If you’re serious about tracking, good feelings don’t win races. For me, numbers don’t make me happy. Good feels make me happy.
That's why my 08 SI was my favorite car, even though it was the slowest, least expensive car I've ever owned. Everything about it felt good.

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
The seats are worse. Otherwise everything else inside is better.
Sponsored