• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fender vent mesh?

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2005 Wrangler
devised my own solution using automotive mesh ($30 australian from amazon). very happy with the result. it really should have come out the factory this way.

image0 (9).jpeg
Looks awesome! Do you have a link to which mesh that is?
Sponsored

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
devised my own solution using automotive mesh ($30 australian from amazon). very happy with the result. it really should have come out the factory this way.

image0 (9).jpeg
What's the size of the rhombus in the mesh? I ordered a 100cm×33cm sheet with a 3mm×6mm mesh size from Amazon as that was the smallest I could find.

AggAuto Universal 40"x13" Car Grill Mesh - 100x33cm Aluminum Alloy Automotive Grille Insert Bumper 3x6mm Rhombic Hole, One of the Most Multifunctional Shape Grids Black https://a.co/d/29ps1zj

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

image0 (9).jpeg
Very nice!!! Please share some “how to” instructions and part number from Amazon.

D4RCNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Championship White Civic Type R

image0 (9).jpeg
I second others. This looks fantastic.

How did you secure it in place?

OP
OP

vbb

First Name
vj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
see here for the mesh: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B09FPTRLHM?ref_=pe_19115062_429603572_302_E_DDE_dt_1

any automotive mesh will work - the finer the better. mine actually measured in at 5mmx3mm. all you need to do is remove the two middle phillips head screws and you can pull back the rubber wheel arch liner - at least enough to slide the mesh into the space. i made a paper template to ensure the mesh covered the vents plus enough length to cover the two holes that belong to the phillips screws. mask up the painted lip on the fender as the mesh has sharp edges once you cut it and could scratch the paint. caution - i tried to remove the lower plastic clip to give me more room to slide the mesh in but they are supper fragile and i broke it. the mesh can be slowly wiggled in without removing any clips. once you are happy the mesh is in the right place, the phillips screws can be done up - they bite straight through the mesh so no need to drill through it.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
This is fantastic - thanks for sharing.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
Can you share a picture of it from the other side?

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
On the side where you slide in the mesh into the exterior fender with no screws or anything, there is no rattle or too much play on that side? (Opposite side of the screws)

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
On the side where you slide in the mesh into the exterior fender with no screws or anything, there is no rattle or too much play on that side? (Opposite side of the screws)
Maybe some foam tape would be a good idea there

mjwashington

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Hi VBB,

I followed your lead and also purchased some mesh, it was 6 x 3mm. It took about 30 mins to fit each side.
Thanks for the lead on this

11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? 9C5CA9D6-7C43-4F76-A9D2-3E1F002D0C3A

mjwashington

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Didn't look like it would rattle, but as piece of mind I used my hot glue gun and shots some hot glue dobs between the mesh and the guard, worked a treat.

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Works as the man says, thanks again for this. Part of me questions how much this mesh will really help since the pattern of the mesh will definitely still let rocks/sand through, just not as big or as much i guess. Fits really well in the fender side crevis, definitely no wiggle or play potential. The hardest part is just making a template. Mine wasnt quite perfect but 7/10.
11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? 997C1A90-3635-4A7D-AE60-0FD3AB76D327

11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? BC89C94B-8652-421B-96AA-C6D52496A968

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
None thus far. I also removed any pointed edges along that side and sanded them smooth just in case.
Sponsored