• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
The 11th interior is cool. The tech is cool. The overall look is solid. The power is "OK".

But a friend of mine said it best when I showed her a pic of the new sedan. She said the car looks like every other sedan out there and that my car was "more unique and different". And I think that's the point for me.

When the 10th came out, it had a real wow factor. Sure it's a bit overstyled but I still admire it even four years later. The 11th is a fine car but not a replacement for my 10th gen.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP FK7, ‘20 PWP FC1 si, ‘22 LSM FE2 (soon)
I have 2 10 gens, so if I were in the market for a new civic, sure I’d get the 11 gen over another 10 gen.... if I only had one 10 gen, I’d probably go for another one. I love the styling of the 10 gen. One of the best looking cars on the road right now.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Odd that Honda rates the 1.5T power and torque higher but Car and Driver says it's noticeably slower. Something doesn't add up.

I'm okay with the direction of the more conservative styling but I'm not okay if the new model is slower.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Odd that Honda rates the 1.5T power and torque higher but Car and Driver says it's noticeably slower. Something doesn't add up.

I'm okay with the direction of the more conservative styling but I'm not okay if the new model is slower.
Remember that weight is up quite a bit. Could be gearing. Aerodynamics.

Also, and believe it or not this is a factor....

Those 6.6 to 6.8 second 0-60 Touring road tests on the 2016's were on cars riding on 17's, not the 2022's heavier 18's and wider tires.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

I wouldn't call 7.5 sec 0-60 mph slow in a modern economy sedan. It's not an important metric unless you're on a drag strip. I don't think anyone is buying the sedan version to drag race. For sportiness, wait for the Si or Type R. The sedan is strictly a commuter and grocery getter.

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
Not surprised that much of the automotive press prefers the looks of the new generation to the previous one; I'm with them as well.

My only concern with the 11th generation right now is that the 0-60 time is slightly slower, but that is a good point above that the previous generation's times being counted with smaller, lighter tires.

Still, the consensus that the interior is as good as it looked it would be from initial pictures and videos is great news. The digital gauge cluster is a game-changer for the compact segment.

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
I don't know why Honda decided to make it bigger and heavier... 100% keeping my 2019 Si as a DD and will keep an eye out for the civicxii forum in 5-6 years ?

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
I think it looks good but like someone said its looks like alot like other cars. Thought I saw one today, profile angle, it was a Jetta lol.
Good luck to the 11th gen hope it keeps the Civic at the top.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Remember that weight is up quite a bit. Could be gearing. Aerodynamics.

Also, and believe it or not this is a factor....

Those 6.6 to 6.8 second 0-60 Touring road tests on the 2016's were on cars riding on 17's, not the 2022's heavier 18's and wider tires.
I also thought about something last night that could also explain the slower speed... on dyno tests the 10th gens showed to be under rated by honda making something closer to 200hp at the crank and 176 to the wheels. It's possible when Honda tweaked the engine and transmission that the car is no longer under rated and actually is making 180 at the crank and now only ~165 at the wheels. Then factor in weight and it suddenly makes sense.

I shudder to think what kind of time the hatchback (which was already slower and heavier than the sedan by almost .5 sec) will have without a good power bump on the sport trims (close to 8 seconds if the sedans gain is any indication) which is IMO kind of unacceptable for what will be a $30k car when the the Turbo Mazda3 exists for around $31k, the Accord Sport 2.0t exists for around $32k. For that price, the sport touring hatch should get AT LEAST the 192 Accord tune, if not a 200+ tune borrowed from the Si, even if it doesn't get all of the same Si enhancements.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Just seems like they were asleep at the wheel with this design, mainly the exterior.

Just, so, basic and seen-it-before styling. I really hope they make it more exciting some how for the SI!!

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
That is just nuts.

I want my old school Civic back. I'm not a fan of mid size family cars. Hey, maybe that's Honda's plan. Make the Civic so similar to the Accord that they can eventually phase it out of the lineup.
No, the problem is CAFE standards. It incentivizies manufacturers to keep making cars longer and taller as the target MPG factors in wheel base.
Even the new CRV model looks like it's going to be longer.

At the same time Honda Fit sale numbers were absolutely abysmal which doesn't help them convince people want smaller cars.

At least the hatchback will be good sized, I'm never buying a boomer yacht sized vehicle again. I'll rather drive a Prius before I touch an Accord again, they are impractical for everyday living outside bumfuck nowhere with entire pastures to park on or landing strips as driveways (I exgarate greatly of course)

ezthrilla

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Aegean blue
If I'm gonna pay for a car that is pricier than its competitors I sure as hell want the designer to take risks like they did with the 10th generation. Like show me what you (the designer) think what a car should look like in 2021. Not what I think what it should look like.

That being said if it turns out that the salary of Honda's chief designer is among the lowest in the industry well I guess I should never criticize Honda's designs ever again :)

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
This reminds me of the YF Sonata all over again. 2011 Sonata comes out, revolutionary design, good performance. Hyundai then proceeds to detune engine to increase MPG and eventually significantly change the design to make it more "conservative". So instead of replacing my 2011 Sonata with a new generation LF 2015 Sonata, I got a 2016 Civic instead. History looks like its repeating itself so I'll eventually replace my Civic with some other manufacturer.
Sponsored