• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First FL5 oil change mileage?

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Hey guys I've crossed 1.5k miles on the car as of today and was wondering if there was a specific service interval for the car. I know there's a maintenance minder but certain parts have to be changed at certain miles. Don't want the maintenance minder to drop codes for parts which would need to be changed out of the blue one day! I wouldn't have asked this if there was a percentage indicator for different parts like there is for the oil, but there isn't, hence the doubt. When should I go in for a first service?

(Also planning a road trip with the car from Maine to Minnesota (@captainscott60 here I come!), so need to make sure car is in top shape before embarking on this adventure)
Sponsored

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hey guys I've crossed 1.5k miles on the car as of today and was wondering if there was a specific service interval for the car. I know there's a maintenance minder but certain parts have to be changed at certain miles. Don't want the maintenance minder to drop codes for parts which would need to be changed out of the blue one day! I wouldn't have asked this if there was a percentage indicator for different parts like there is for the oil, but there isn't, hence the doubt. When should I go in for a first service?

(Also planning a road trip with the car from Maine to Minnesota (@captainscott60 here I come!), so need to make sure car is in top shape before embarking on this adventure)
Use the right thumb wheel and scroll to find the oil percentage left to change. I honestly never relied on that and change the oil every 2000 miles or 6 months which ever comes first. My car has only 700 miles on it and the the Oil percentage says I have 80 percent left. Most of my great cars, I’ve had the oil changed at 1000 miles or more. Having my summer tires put on with the recall seat at the same time. Hopefully I will be able to drive the car again by then not good for trying to use the clutch lol
11th Gen Honda Civic First FL5 oil change mileage? 1680662427013
11th Gen Honda Civic First FL5 oil change mileage? 1680662427013

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use the right thumb wheel and scroll to find the oil percentage left to change. I honestly never relied on that and change the oil every 2000 miles or 6 months which ever comes first. My car has only 700 miles on it and the the Oil percentage says I have 80 percent left. Most of my great cars, I’ve had the oil changed at 1000 miles or more. Having my summer tires put on with the recall seat at the same time. Hopefully I will be able to drive the car again by then not good for trying to use the clutch lol
1680662427013.jpeg
1680662427013.jpeg
Thanks for the reply, my apologies for not making my question clear; I know there is the maintenance minder and my oil life % sits at 90%. I'm looking for a specific Honda recommended service interval but couldn't find it in the owner's manual. For example changing the oil and filter, then you have tyre rotation, changing the air filter, etc. Basically the normal stuff the first servicing includes in a car. Much later on there would be need to change the clutch plate, brake pads, transmission fluid, coolant, etc (all the major stuff). Cars generally have a "change x part/fluid at y miles or z years, whichever comes first" information in the owner's manual but I can't find anything. That's what I'm looking for. Any idea if it is included somewhere or if Honda has instructions given to their service department on when to change x part at y miles @AspecR or @tuhroo ?

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
You can drive my car why you’re here ! Lol. I already know what I’m going to order ! A Big Filet, Pittsburgh rare. Au gratin potatoes and the BBQ Shrimp Appetizer.lol. Very Kind of you and hope your enjoying your new whip !!
Happy Holiday
Regards .
Nope, nothing in the manual! Just going what I’ve been doing for the last 50 years. Lol

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can drive my car why you’re here ! Lol. I already know what I’m going to order ! A Big Filet, Pittsburgh rare. Au gratin potatoes and the BBQ Shrimp Appetizer.lol. Very Kind of you and hope your enjoying your new whip !!
Happy Holiday
Regards .
Hope you get well soon sir so that we can both drive our cars together haha.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Thanks for the reply, my apologies for not making my question clear; I know there is the maintenance minder and my oil life % sits at 90%. I'm looking for a specific Honda recommended service interval but couldn't find it in the owner's manual. For example changing the oil and filter, then you have tyre rotation, changing the air filter, etc. Basically the normal stuff the first servicing includes in a car. Much later on there would be need to change the clutch plate, brake pads, transmission fluid, coolant, etc (all the major stuff). Cars generally have a "change x part/fluid at y miles or z years, whichever comes first" information in the owner's manual but I can't find anything. That's what I'm looking for. Any idea if it is included somewhere or if Honda has instructions given to their service department on when to change x part at y miles @AspecR or @tuhroo ?
Service dept can provide that but you can always use the service intervals for a FK8 type R

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Service dept can provide that but you can always use the service intervals for a FK8 type R
Thanks. Any idea if the FK8 had specified service intervals?

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
How many of you will do their first FL5 oil change before 2000 miles ?
Doing mine around 1k. Same time the parts come in for the seat recall and swap for my summer tires. Only want 1 visit to the dealership !
Best

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys I just found that the maintenance minder has been showing code "A" ever since day 1. I believe the factory guys/PDI guys just forgot to delete the code? Can't be possible that the car has been asking for an oil change since day 1? Sitting at 1500 miles, oil life is still 90%. @AspecR @tuhroo since you're the insiders, do you have any suggestions on the issue or should I just let it be as is? I believe resetting it through vehicle settings would reset the oil life as well, which I don't want to do.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Guys I just found that the maintenance minder has been showing code "A" ever since day 1. I believe the factory guys/PDI guys just forgot to delete the code? Can't be possible that the car has been asking for an oil change since day 1? Sitting at 1500 miles, oil life is still 90%. @AspecR @tuhroo since you're the insiders, do you have any suggestions on the issue or should I just let it be as is? I believe resetting it through vehicle settings would reset the oil life as well, which I don't want to do.
Take it to your local dealer and have them reset it. PDI probably wasn’t completed properly I’ve never heard of that issue though

vthor85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Supra, 1993 Supra, 2023 Type R
Just replaced oil and filter today. Also used Tower Guard metal clean/protectant on all the easy to get to aluminum parts (bottom of engine and trans case, control arms, underbody shield, steering knuckles, etc.) to help resist the white oxidation that occurs over time.

Tools needed are, large flat blade screwdriver and large Phillip’s screwdriver, 17mm for oil plug.

8E538A60-6E7A-4915-A1BD-1B715EE07FD3.jpeg

823EB562-F71D-44E4-83B0-8F9C03C00574.jpeg
What car lifts are those?