• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First FL5 oil change mileage?

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Yep, Quickjack 5000. It just barely fits the lift points of the Type R. If you perform your own service like brake flushes and fluid replacement it is an awesome tool to have. I service multiple cars so it gets used a lot.
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Had my oil changed at the dealer at 4300 miles and they applied it to the service agreement. I felt this was a good mileage where it still allowed the break in oil to do its job but not so long it could be a detriment. Iā€™ll probably use the maintenance reminder from this point on or every 5-6K miles.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
First oil change today at 6k w Amsoil Signature 0w-20. I was at 50% on the maintenance minder btw.

Edit - wow what a difference! Super smooth revs and seems to have more power down low (could be perceived) and just purrs now.

Last edited:

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just changed mine today @ 4843 miles. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20. MM was @ 60%

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I just got an email from my dealership telling me it has been 6 months and it may be time to schedule maintenance.šŸ¤”

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
TL or TLX? I assume TL, since the TLX has the extended arms for up to 76ā€ frames.
Mine is the 5000SLX, an older version. It is for 60ā€ max and just makes it for the Type R lift points. I have a Corvette that if I got the longer version it wouldnā€™t fit. If the Type R is the smallest distance between lift points of cars you have than you may want to consider going longer but double check. Here is a website of the 5000SLX dimensions:
https://www.quickjacklift.ca/car-lifts/bl-5000slx/

https://www.quickjack.com/support/measuring-guide/

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
I changed oil (and filter) of my FL5 when it reached 5.000 kms. I also contracted the Honda maintenance service (five years) when I bought the car, for 1.400 euros (does not include wearing parts). I insisted on an oil change -Castrol Edge- (cant choose another) at my dealer even though the maintenance schedule did not yet indicate it. My idea is to make an extra change between each scheduled maintenance. The replaced oil came out with a curious greenish color, perhaps because it had some additive for break in period.

Last edited:

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Had my oil changed at the dealer at 4300 miles and they applied it to the service agreement. I felt this was a good mileage where it still allowed the break in oil to do its job but not so long it could be a detriment. Iā€™ll probably use the maintenance reminder from this point on or every 5-6K miles.
I hate using quick jack. I got it and I feel it to heavy and by the time I have it setup i would had been done with oil change. But to do coilover or something that require a lot of work it worth the time.

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
Iā€™m intrigued by the Quickjack lineup. I do all my own maintenance on several cars and have wanted something like this for awhile. Is Quickjack the better name? Who else is out there? Which is the preferred one for the type R? How about that and a 2023 Pilot?

I see someone say the one they have barely fitsā€¦ is there a next size up?

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
Iā€™m going to do mine at 1k
Same... somewhat because of your suggestion, but also because i've probably got plenty of high-RPMS on the engine already from track/xcross that it will be close to the proper "interval" at that time.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I just pulled the trigger on the Quickjack 5000TLX line, and based on the span, it will fit my CTR and the 2023 Pilot.
I have the quickjack and I love it. A little heavy but it makes working on the cars easy. Also yeah changing the oil is cheap insurance of keeping the engine happy.