• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

**FL5 Cluster in '24 SI?**

ayospoonay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 PWP Si
8A500-T20-A52 or A54 depending on the VIN of the vehicle, and list price from Honda is about $3334.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 SI, 93.5 Toyota Supra
8A500-T20-A52 or A54 depending on the VIN of the vehicle, and list price from Honda is about $3334.
List price is over 3000.00 USD or was that a fat fingered amount! If so the one on ebay is not that bad.. I am sure they don't sell much because these cars are under warranty.

Also not sure if it is worth removing and doing this if I am not 100% sure that is what actually makes the cluster work..

Not sure if Honda has any type of way to showing us if the radio receiver is exactly what we need or how the logic is pulled from that to the cluster.. but I do know that is pretty much the brain of the vehicle, (besides PCM/Body Control module)

Last edited:

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want it to be exact it is 3339.38 😛
That ebay one I found doesn't sound terrible LOL. I mean it has 674 miles. I already bought a few parts from it.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport
Any chance you can get a part Number from your parts department or if you have access to that.. curious the cost.. not sure I want to know lol.

Looks like I found a used one on ebay... part number 8A500-t20-A51-m1 they want 329.00... + ship
that part number doesn't come up on my parts catalog. I've got 8A500-T20-A52/A54 for 23/24 type r, but that's probably just the updated version. After looking at wiring diagrams, the type r audio unit is plug and play

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that part number doesn't come up on my parts catalog. I've got 8A500-T20-A52/A54 for 23/24 type r, but that's probably just the updated version. After looking at wiring diagrams, the type r audio unit is plug and play
Understood, and that is super great news if I ever come across a unit. Honestly, this is all hobbyist stuff. I am sure almost no one would ever go through buying all this equipment.. it adds up.

Here is my list of expenses:

Cluster with 674 miles, 400.00
Type-R steering wheel with controls 250.00
Mode switch - 67.00

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport
Understood, and that is super great news if I ever come across a unit. Honestly, this is all hobbyist stuff. I am sure almost no one would ever go through buying all this equipment.. it adds up.

Here is my list of expenses:

Cluster with 674 miles, 400.00
Type-R steering wheel with controls 250.00
Mode switch - 67.00
Believe me, there are plenty of people like you who invest in upgrades like this. im working on auto rear windows from insight on my 10th gen civic

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe me, there are plenty of people like you who invest in upgrades like this. im working on auto rear windows from insight on my 10th gen civic
That makes me feel slightly better - on the other hand though, the main purpose is to understand common parts that can be swapped and what it takes. Thankfully this car is easy to take apart. If I had somewhere near with a Type-R, I would do a little more digging into functionality. I do have a behind the dash harness from a type-r, but not sure what use that will bring.

I am adding door panels from a type-r right now, and also ambient floor lighting. Our civic, the panels have the cutout for the type-r lighting.

One issue I have is the dimming control circuit that provides power tot he lighting on the door panels is spliced from driver door to both rear passengers. For some unknown reason the passenger side door circuit is different. Can't splice into any wiring that will allow me to have the door panel on the type-r light up. So, I was able to fish a wire through the factory wiring grommet from the door to the passenger side panel. I will splice into the other 3 doors and add the two floor (ambient lights with that power circuit and the ground will be able to be used under the dash r just at the doo panel switch wiring.

I swear I am too busy at times, ha.. I almost am coming a manual swap in my MKIV, about ready to star tit up as well..

That is neat you are trying to get that functionality. Creature comforts are the best.

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any information that we can prove getting the radio unit will allow functionality?

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'd be the first to report
SOB! lol... of course.. Curious if the dash changed to the R-mode if it would also tell you the gear. I would guess yes as we have auto-rev-match, so the car does have to understand which gear is it is in.:slap:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport
SOB! lol... of course.. Curious if the dash changed to the R-mode if it would also tell you the gear. I would guess yes as we have auto-rev-match, so the car does have to understand which gear is it is in.:slap:
cant confirm if the si ecu communicates selected gear via can bus. It might. only one way to find out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Si
I found a used Canadian Si gauge cluster and it's on the way. I reached out to odo-pro.com and they said they should be able to reprogram the mileage. Updates to come.
Sponsored