• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Spare Tire ?

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Not if you want to keep any storage space and you would cover up your woofer. I lost about three inches originally with the new car at least six probably more.
Sponsored

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
You guys think there’s no realistic way to securely store it under the floor lid and come up with a combination of foam blocks to raise the floor the necessary amount? You guys are finding some good alternative solutions.
I'm experimenting with gluing some dense, foam pads under the lid that would hopefully raise the entire cargo lid just enough to place a spare. To accommodate the jack, etc. I'm looking at some "pick and pull foam," but I need to buy the spare and wheel first. This one looks interesting, but I'll need to verify it for the FL5. The wheel and tire are $360 off Amazon. https://modernspare.com/product/2015-2022-honda-civic-type-r-spare-tire-kit-options/

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I'm experimenting with gluing some dense, foam pads under the lid that would hopefully raise the entire cargo lid just enough to place a spare. To accommodate the jack, etc. I'm looking at some "pick and pull foam," but I need to buy the spare and wheel first. This one looks interesting, but I'll need to verify it for the FL5. The wheel and tire are $360 off Amazon. https://modernspare.com/product/2015-2022-honda-civic-type-r-spare-tire-kit-options/
Awesome. I’m anxious to see what you come up with. Thanks.

Mr_Toast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alpine A110, Golf GTI
Does the Bose sub sit in the wheel well? My UK car doesn't have the Bose and the FK8 spare wheel kit and boot floor fit fine with some minor adjustment to the boot floor height
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? PXL_20230216_141014944
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? PXL_20230216_143039910

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
Last week I went to a honda dealer to see a FL5 on display. It hasn't been released in the country yet, so it's still using the red camouflage. These are pictures from the spare tire with a nice foam kit. It's better than the kit I have in my fk8.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? VID-20230218-WA0028_exported_399
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? VID-20230218-WA0028_exported_1899

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Last week I went to a honda dealer to see a FL5 on display. It hasn't been released in the country yet, so it's still using the red camouflage. These are pictures from the spare tire with a nice foam kit. It's better than the kit I have in my fk8.

VID-20230218-WA0028_exported_399.jpg
VID-20230218-WA0028_exported_1899.jpg

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That would be a nice addition to the FL5 in my opinion. I'm still developing my solution and awaiting a spare tire to be delivered.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my FL5 last week. These pictures are of my FK8 spare. I can see it fitting, but the tray will be worthless. Maybe they will build the tray as part of the tire cover. Will cover up a lot of the woofer. Also will be loosing alot of space.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? 4D2EE11E-FB18-45D3-8206-8EDEB6A1ED29

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? 00592CA3-C5D3-4F0D-9A16-740C58B8F2A1

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? 909D2448-1BCA-4EF0-812D-5D721D4A89D7

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl

VID-20230218-WA0028_exported_399.jpg
VID-20230218-WA0028_exported_1899.jpg

Keller... thank you for this. Extremely helpful.

Honda... SEND IT!!!! This is exactly what I need.

Why the delay?

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I ordered the above unit after confirming with the vendor that it would fit the FL5. I was even sent a specific link for the FL5 kit. After more than a month, it finally arrived. It's a very nice black gloss wheel with a Conti tire - both impressive. I immediately tried to mount it, but it was a "no go." While the height is perfect, it would have come 1-2 mm from the front brake caliper based upon repeated measurements without mounting. The bolt holes would also not align perfectly and forcing it on would have damaged the threads, so I couldn't even install it. Thank goodness Amazon accepts returns. Now I just have to wait for the seller to send me a mailing label. The search continues - LOL.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I ordered the above unit after confirming with the vendor that it would fit the FL5. I was even sent a specific link for the FL5 kit. After more than a month, it finally arrived. It's a very nice black gloss wheel with a Conti tire - both impressive. I immediately tried to mount it, but it was a "no go." While the height is perfect, it would have come 1-2 mm from the front brake caliper based upon repeated measurements without mounting. The bolt holes would also not align perfectly and forcing it on would have damaged the threads, so I couldn't even install it. Thank goodness Amazon accepts returns. Now I just have to wait for the seller to send me a mailing label. The search continues - LOL!

Does anyone have the part number for the Honda FK8 spare tire kit, and more importantly has anyone actually mounted it successfully on their FL5?

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...g-ka_6mt/accessories/temporary_wheel_kit.html

Soon you'll be able to see and order xi gen parts on these sites too.

Thanks keller! This afternoon, I went to my Honda dealership Parts Dept. and they were clueless. Also told me that they could order any spare tire kit if pre-paid but no money back if it didn't fit my FL5. I asked if one of the Senior Mechanics could verify a wheel that would have an identical bolt pattern, offset, and diameter to work on my FL5. They haven't gotten back to me and offered much less help that you just did. My question now is, would part #06421-TGH-A23ZA (wheel) fit the FL5 with a Conti spare tire? Has anyone actually fit Honda spare kit on their FL5?

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I actually bought the kit from Honda for a 2019 type r. The tire cover was off bmw z4 that also didn’t have a spare. You can get them from Amazon, ebay etc. The kit includes the jack, tools, rim, and the pressboard cover. I bought the tire and took it to discount tire where they mounted it free. The under tray cover you will have to throw away.
Don, Have your successfully placed the spare tire on your FL5? My dealer told me this afternoon that the 2019 Type R spare "will definitely not fit an FL5." If you can assure me that it will fit and clear the front brake calipers, then I'm up for placing an order. THANKS!

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't tried it. I figured it would. I'll try and let everyone know the results.
Sponsored