• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks for the tip Topher! Just did this, gonna give it a good listen when I head out later today. I'd imagine I can just revert it by following the steps again.
Sponsored

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
How did it go out on the highway after the change?
Happy to report this is a great mod. At idle and driving at low speed there is a nice throatier sound that is obvious with windows down. With windows up it is about the same.
On the highway at speeds of about 82mph and lower the engine is turning around 3200rpm or less and the sound is about the same as when valve is closed, no drone. :D
When exceeding around 3200rpm you can hear the extra sound and adds a nice bit of personality to the exhaust note when accelerating. Note: I have the engine fake audio sound set to lowest setting.
Best of both worlds, some sound at low speeds, no drone and almost same loudness at normal highway speeds (80mph and lower), noticeably louder under acceleration at approx 3200rpm and above.

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
hmm,
wonder if it would be louder if this was singer exit :hmm: (i.e. cut the entire section for the two side tips @ the split, and weld cap plates on both sides, and VraLaa, Single exit). Man, crazy idea :crazy: then after market catted down pipe and front pipe, and that's and entire exhaust system there ? :dunno: also shouldn't be too spendy.

Right on @TheTopher for sharing this mod! :beer:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I did it today too. I like it!

Honda shouldā€™ve programmed the software to only close the valve in Comfort mode. I canā€™t think of a scenario where someone would want it closed otherwise.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I was wondering the same. I think itā€™s as simple as putting the fuse back in (and turning the car on/off) and it will resetā€¦but, I havenā€™t tested this theory myself.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
This open valve mod plus a resonator delete may give the perfect exhaust sound!