• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
It doesn't though, its the Theta II engine (G4KH). The N engines are part of the second revision of the Theta engine that first appeared on the 6th gen Sonata and Kia Optima. The block is the same, its just that for the N cars they have a bigger turbo.

The base design is still the Theta II which leads to the reliability problems.
Wrong. This is like me saying that the K20 found in the CTR is basically the same engine as the K20Z3.

The N engine is called Theta IIi which in fact is a different animal.

I understand the hate for the brand and its failures but we have to admit that the EN is a great alternative.
Sponsored

Last edited:

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
I understand the hate for the brand and its failures but we have to admit that the EN is a great alternative.
We've got a fairly large Hyundai N community in Australia with hundreds and hundreds of people doing track days. The thing is after nearly 5 years you just don't hear of engine problems with stock cars, even ones like mine that see the track regularly.

They definitely lack the extra engineering polish and outright pace you get with a Type R, but what you do get is a robust car that off the showroom floor is doing times better than STis and Golf Rs at many tracks. And from my own experience it will do it all day in 3-4 hot lap runs even in close to 100F temps. They even back them with an explicit track warranty.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I definitely think it will smash the Cars and Bids auction. A big part of that is the color. I actually like the SGP, but between it and the greater exposure/following BAT holds, I really don't think the final bids will be close.
Just a WAG, but I think you will see about $54K. There just very few CW in the Country right now with Huge ADM’s and looking at the tracker on this Forum, many of the CW’s coming next are pre sold from what I can tell. Just a guess on my part and probably wrong. The tracker is reporting an average ADM of 12k as of today for every color.
it will definitely be interesting!
Best

Last edited: