• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How would you fix the 2022 Civic Si?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
  • Add a hatchback
  • flat bottomed steering wheel and change the bottom spoke to match the black /w red trim of the dash
  • Black door cards with red stitching
  • CTR Sport seats with red accents
  • Cut the price hike in half at least
  • Add updated adaptive dampers
  • Moderate hp and torque increases
  • Replace taillights with those on the Chinese Honda Integra

Edits:
  • remove the auto stop/start
  • pano sunroof
  • piped in sound disabling in Individual mode
  • Align US and Canadian feature lists
Sponsored

Last edited:

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
    • Add a hatchback
    • Make the steering wheel flat bottomed and change the bottom spoke to match the black /w red trim of the dash
    • Seats from CTR sport with a minor red accents
    • Unique shift knob
    [*][*][*]

• Maybe add a ZF paddle shifted automatic option?
  • All of the technology options from the Touring or Sport Touring model like heated seats and larger digital display?
  • Make it match the GTI in HP/TQ
I know, the first and third options will never happen.

Last edited:

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
* Add Lane Watch
* Give it the 2.0 from the Accord Sport
* Center exit exhaust

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
  • Add a hatchback
  • Make the steering wheel flat bottomed and change the bottom spoke to match the black /w red trim of the dash
  • Seats from CTR sport with a minor red accents
  • Unique shift knob
Im so sick of a regular base trim Jetta having a flat bottom steering wheel and the Civic Si doesn't.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
-Hatch
-Remove that tacky Red around the honeycomb grill
-better seat fabric
-250hp

Last edited:

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Racing Red Veloster N DCT
More power, less weight, less doors, interesting styling instead of bland.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Add back the gen X missing options. Add vented seats which is something Iā€™d love in a car and never have had. This car would never get memory power seats, but Iā€™d pay extra for the option if it were available

Make the infotainment not follow the trend of ā€œtablet-nailed-to-dashā€ and have it be integrated.

Make the engine break the 197-205 rated horsepower threshold Hondas been stuck in since gen 8 for a decade and a half and make the car make more power.

I kind of hate the vent duct and dash setup in general. Looks like this weird quasi-retro thing. I donā€™t know. It just doesnā€™t look good to me.

The exteriorā€¦ man I want to say itā€™s an improvement, but it looksā€¦ I donā€™t know. Something about it is either tooā€¦ something. Or not enoughā€¦ something. Donā€™t get me wrong, I still think my gen 9s back end/taillights looked better than gen 10, even now. Gen 11 looks like they went to go make it better and half assed it and took some last gen competitor looks and made them have a babyā€¦ and that baby was that car.

This car seems like a two steps forward, one step back very safe soft refresh. With my car doing everything the new car does I care about minus wireless CarPlay and potentially the sound system (and I had a BOSE in my RSX type-S and it suuuuuckedā€¦ not to mentioned the broke variants in both my 2nd gen 300zxs) that Iā€™m not losing sleep over with my hacked head unit and V4A app that pretty well fixed my complaints with the stock sound, this gen 11 has nothing compelling to make it a buy (for me). 9 to 10 was a good move for me. I dumped the most boring variant of the performance NA K with a low modding ceiling staying NA to a stupid cheap and easy to get to make more power L15 that was more efficient to boot. Much better handling. Better seats. An infotainment that added Auto/CarPlay. Bigger back seat for the fam. Iā€™d never suggest Gen X is better than 11ā€¦ and if I was in the market for one, Iā€™d choose the new car over the old one, but already having a gen Xā€¦ the main reason I see to upgrade is if youā€™ve got to drive the latest thing.

The idea of dumping the ā€˜18 I paid $23.5k for and is a couple grand from being paid off for a light refresh that might be difficult to get for much under $30 OTD itā€™s first year feels Sheā€™s making 250 whpā€¦ I just stuck new tires on it. Added sound deadening here and there. Those doors shut with a satisfying thunk and itā€™s work I did to make it happen. Itā€™s got a few scratches and rock chips so Iā€™m done sweating each and every little imperfection.

Iā€™d spend 30k on one tomorrow if they stuck a K20C4 in it.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 SGP FK7, ā€˜20 PWP FC1 si, ā€˜22 LSM FE2 (soon)
Other than this, and a spoiler/wing specific to the si, nothing yetā€¦. Too early to tell.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I mean in a parallel universe I'd love a high reving engine again. Reving out long and hard till gen X has been a defining characteristic of fun Hondas. Hell, my v8 slaps 8K and has a stock 7200 RPM redline.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR - white
Add heated seats
Remove auto/start stop (if it did get this..)
Bump power to 230hp/trq and upgrade the clutch to make it more "tuner proof" (compared to the 10th gen)

I like the styling..
Sponsored