• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How would you fix the 2022 Civic Si?

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
  • Heated seats
  • Heated seats
This omission is a real head scratcher. Seat heaters do not add much cost nor weight to a car, and the prior generation had them. Not only that, the seats appear to be identical to the last Si seats. No R&D needed ... just put the old seats in the new car!

The Si seats are absolutely phenomenal and they are one of my favorite aspects of the car. Even in the middle of the country there are probably 5 cold months where warm seats are highly welcomed. And that's saying nothing about the northern regions.

I really don't get the thinking here.

I also don't get why Honda lost the temp gauge from the Si so all we get is a stupid dash warning light now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
  • Add a hatchback
  • Make the steering wheel flat bottomed and change the bottom spoke to match the black /w red trim of the dash
  • Black door cards with red stitching
  • Seats from CTR sport with a minor red accents
  • Cut the price hike in half at least
  • Add updated adaptive dampers
  • Moderate hp and torque increases
  • Replace taillights with those on the Chinese Honda Integra
  • Unique shift knob
  • remove the auto stop/start
  • pano sunroof
  • piped in sound disabling Individual mode

Last edited:

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
I feel like they are leaving some things out to differentiate from the Integra- we will know soon enough :)

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like they are leaving some things out to differentiate from the Integra- we will know soon enough :)
It’s definitely possible but they’re kind of doing what they did on the 10th gen though, i.e. leaving out options in the US market that seem conspicuously absent (at least when compared to the Canadian version). It doesn’t really feel any different than that.

Any differences can be chalked up to the supply chain issues. Prices are up and features are down… either or both are true no matter if you look at the US or Canada.

As for the Integra, well who doesn’t like a good conspiracy theory… I sure do… but I don’t think it’ll be hard to differentiate it from the Civic. It’s price will do that.. then they can just put in a pano sunroof or AWD. To the avg person I doubt it’ll seem like a Civic at all. Time will tell, I’ve very curious to see the interior, the exterior will likely be similar to TLX but hopefully it’ll be a cleaner design.

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
- Premium battery that will last 3-5 years instead of el cheapo that lasts 18 months tops
- No flimsy rear center console
- 10+ HP than 10 Gen
- Option for Black, Blue, or Red bucket seats
- Premium instrument display instead of el cheapo half digital
- Heated seats
- Rear pockets behind both bucket seats
- Free OTA updates for head unit

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Instead of the k20c1, put in a 1.5 with a w1 or similar early-ish torque curve that also redlines to 7k ? less displacement and less power than the R but still a modern turbo engine you can rev out. Or does that defeat the purpose of an economy turbo?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Yes, the red around the honeycomb dash is tacky.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Plan is simple, Aegean Blue Si w/ HPD front spoilers, rear defuser, summer tires, splash guards, fog lights, black painted roof, tint, led turns and b/u lights, badge delete, lowered, Venom 43 wheels and the 23 CTR hood. From the pictures, looks like this should be a direct fit unlike the 10th gen CTR hood. The perfect Hard Parker! And I don't want to see another Si look like this prior to mine!

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After listening to the recent videos posted of test drives the first thing I’d want to change is that piped in sound… oh my
Sponsored