• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I need to know which one of you is out here buying Type R’s for 70k

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
I’ll be honest, I was dead set against paying an ADM, but now I’ve realized that I’ll most likely have to pay a markup. I’m just saving up a little extra each month and hopefully by this summer I’ll have enough to cover ADM by then. There’s just no other car like it, that’s what makes it so desirable.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I had to wait to get an FK8 at a price I could live with. Thinking as time goes by there will be more opportunities to get an FL5 at a sane price. Unless this turns out to be the last model - and model year - of a pure ICE Type R. Then all bets off for future price breaks...even used.

But while it is nice to have an FL5 on your lot, just as bait, at some point a dealer has to move cars - it is a dealership, not a museum. Whoever blinks first loses. Don't blink!

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Haha this guy again. I thought I already told you that this is the FL5 forum not the FK8 forum.

Also…if you guys are ever wondering what kind of POS keys your brand new FL5 look no further.
Everything okay at home?

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
10k ADM and I cry every night thinking what my dealership is spending that cash on.

These kind of replies and OPs post should just stick to Reddit. Not everyone here is sad about paying an ADM. if you think you’re getting one of these for MSRP anytime soon you’re delusional
Yea well you got someone in this forum saying they got it for MSRP. If y’all keep paying insanely over sticker they will keep selling for that but keep doing you
Not every dealer is listing at 20k over, lmao. I was one of the first deliveries in CA and paid 4k over. Maybe it's you who needs to layoff the crackpipe...
you got a great price every dealer I’ve called and visited has been over 20k so far. What dealer did you get yours from?

Last edited:

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Research and find one out of state maybe. I used to live in Jersey. It's pretty much like wondering why the ADM is so high in Miami, FL or NYC. Philadelphia even. So regardless of being North or South, it's a little hard but there's probably a few dealers that would want a 5-10k ADM.
5k-10 not too bad it’s just looking for them

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Yeah I understand that but like I said either ya got it or don’t , I paid a good markup on mine I don’t care I enjoy driving the shit out of it
Good for you bud i hope you enjoy it

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
The guys getting them for MSRP are on lists 20 deep and are very rare. Good luck in your search. Crying about how other people spend their money isn’t going to help you get one.

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
You should look for another vehicle then if 50k is your out the door price. That is your problem to begin with. If the car is msrp 44999 give or take, with tax title and license alone you'll be right at 50k. Maybe a little bit under. So yeah, your not going to get it at msrp. No one is. Look for something else. Or throw down money to get it at that out the door price your looking for. Also if your a serious buyer, like the other guy said you show up and negotiate in person. Not over the phone. Everyone is going to puff you and tell you it's 20k over etc. And like the other guy said this topic is so old. lol very annoying. lol
50k where I’d like to purchase this vehicle I’m 23 I don’t want to be underwater on a car. I still have like 10 cars left in my lifetime I’m not gonna buy this car and keep it forever

teggyluv

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EG8, 23 FL5
Hate all you want about others spending the money they have, it won't get you one.

Anybody who wants this car has it, if you didn't want to spend over ADM you needed to know you wanted this car before last fall.

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Hate all you want about others spending the money they have, it won't get you one.

Anybody who wants this car has it, if you didn't want to spend over ADM you needed to know you wanted this car before last fall.
I don't care if you are paying over MSRP I just want to know why. Like what is drawing you to the car to go 15-20k underwater. Paying 50-55k isn't that big of a deal I'm talking about the people spending 65-80k USD

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Try a Hendrick Honda dealership if you can afford most all of the accessories. Mine was 56,000 OTD.
It has carbon wing, forged wheels, different steering wheel, all the mats, tinted windows, etc. I saved some on taxes as I trading my 2019 CTR in. I bought my 2019 out of state, and this one is also is out of state. I called over 20 dealers and remembered how Hendrick was selling the FK8. It was allwasys MSRP but you had to buy all the accessories. I'm 70 so I don't have patience I used to. This will probably be the last fun car I will own. Some of my past cars (2) 1964 GTO's, 1965 GTO, 1967 Firebird, Datsun 1600, 2000, Datsun 240z, 2000 Ford Lightning. So good luck. Mine should be here in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
50k where I’d like to purchase this vehicle I’m 23 I don’t want to be underwater on a car. I still have like 10 cars left in my lifetime I’m not gonna buy this car and keep it forever
You keep using the word underwater like you plan on putting nothing down. You might as well be ok with paying ADM if your ok with paying interest…
Sponsored