• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I'd like my FL5 to sound like ___________.

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
A sampling of various exhaust sounds. After listening to all of them there are some rather distinct patterns:

and then there’s this, which made me LOL as he nailed my old Civic!

ne_typer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BB FL5
You can't really engineer a ton of different sounds out of a single port head turbocharged car. Can't play with cylinder pairings, lengths, merge collectors, etc.

M!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, GR Yaris, FJ Cruiser, Jimny, NA and ND Miata
If it can sound like an ND2 Miata even, I'd be happy!!

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
K20C1 just sounds so mediocre exhaust wise no matter what exhaust gets added to it

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Like anything at all really? I don't want to be deafened but I don't hear much at all. The FL5's stock sound is disappointing.

My beater Accord is louder and sounds better stock. My wife's '13 Si is literally an order of magnitude better sounding with its intake roar.

I think it's funny the ND2 is mentioned since it's pretty weak sounding with a stock muffler (I recommend a Cobalt for an inexpensive upgrade).

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Like anything at all really? I don't want to be deafened but I don't hear much at all. The FL5's stock sound is disappointing.

My beater Accord is louder and sounds better stock. My wife's '13 Si is literally an order of magnitude better sounding with its intake roar.

I think it's funny the ND2 is mentioned since it's pretty weak sounding with a stock muffler (I recommend a Cobalt for an inexpensive upgrade).
I actually got a compliment on the stock sound the other day while cruising through a parking lot I got a nice but subtle gurgle. I’d definitely like a bit more sound just for drivings sake but I don’t mind it as-is.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
This is one of those cars where I think just leaving the stock exhaust as is is totally fine unless you're chasing HP. Opening up the induction noises is a better bang for the buck.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
This is one of those cars where I think just leaving the stock exhaust as is is totally fine unless you're chasing HP. Opening up the induction noises is a better bang for the buck.
Definitely where I plan on starting, I can hear a little *pshhh* sometimes so that should help.

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Definitely where I plan on starting, I can hear a little *pshhh* sometimes so that should help.
For the loudest “pshhh,” get one of the Type-R Performance Air Filter - Sprint Filter - F1 Ultimate Performance ($$$$) from MADNESS Autoworks (TX).

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Wow, almost $2,100 for the FK8 intake setup. Even their filter panel prices are nuts - $220-320?! At least the intake is a ton of nice CF. And here I was thinking those $1k intakes were crazy expensive - I think my elbow intake on my NA Miata was like $100 :D

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
I want it to sound like an FL5...
No seriously, I don't want to ape an Abarth or UEL boxer; its a K20, people swap K20s into their cars for a reason.
Whatever the FL5 is going to sound like, it will be saying it with its chest.
Sponsored