• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I'd like my FL5 to sound like ___________.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
With the growing interests in FL5 aftermarket exhaust systems, it would be intriguing (to both customers and manufacturers) what constitutes the “ideal sound,” especially since many Type R owners have mentioned its conservative exhaust note.

Listening to online exhausts just can’t do justice to the excellent design and workmanship of some setups, and quite a few owners have told me that the sound is irrelevant to performance. Hard to argue with that, but for me, I’d love to replicate the sound of my old AP2 with a Skunk2 Mega Power Exhaust, although my current HOA would think otherwise – LOL!

Should the FL5 parallel the rumble of a stock GT500 or SRT; the rowdy popping of an Elantra N; a growl like the GT4 RS; or some combination of sounds, OEM included? Everyone I’ve spoken with has a definite (i.e., strong) preference, but I think there must a unique sound that most would favor for the FL5. What’s yours?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Can someone make it sound like the Elantra N

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Can someone make it sound like the Elantra N
There was a person a few months ago on one of the other FL5 sites that said he had a Borla system installed. I couldn't find such on Bora's site, but he said it had that kind of sound. I have to admit that Elantra N sounds damn good in person!

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
There was a person a few months ago on one of the other FL5 sites that said he had a Borla system installed. I couldn't find such on Bora's site, but he said it had that kind of sound. I have to admit that Elantra N sounds damn good in person!
Yup, if not mistaken it was a SGP CTR. Sounded nasty, I loved it. Pretty sure it was non resonated and open valve vid. Not sure though. Haven't found that vid again. It was FB

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
When listening to a video on all the exhausts for the FK8 I like the way the spoon sounds the best imo. Its crazy expensive and does not look that good but it has a great louder OEM+ sound that lets some of the turbo come through. I really dont think the K20 sounds that good without cats or larger downpipes. The smoother tone fits the car better.

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
When listening to a video on all the exhausts for the FK8 I like the way the spoon sounds the best imo. Its crazy expensive and does not look that good but it has a great louder OEM+ sound that lets some of the turbo come through. I really dont think the K20 sounds that good without cats or larger downpipes. The smoother tone fits the car better.
dandaman15 - I agree with you 100% re: Spoon exhaust - heard one just recently on an FK8. Owner said it was "crazy expensive" and thought it was made by a contracted company (didn't know which), but I bet it would be less expensive w/o the Spoon name on it.

Romeroha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Boost Blue)
This might seem silly but....2020 Mini JCW with the sports exhaust
Sponsored