• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
It’s not that easy for everyone. Some people live in a small town and have 1 or no dealers. They would need to drive hours to get to one: add the miles and inconvenience to that.

So it’s fair to expect any Honda branded dealership to behave consistently, even if they’re independent.

Honda is notorious to have an absolutely disastrously bad dealer network. Terrible. Liars. Left and right. The good ones are scarce.

Even when you find a good dealer, people and management change all the time. It will not always be good unless Honda was consistent. It’s ultimately a Honda corporate problem.

So, buying into the dealer and brand is a very real thing.
Eh...

I mean obviously right? Obviously it's easier for some versus others.

Listen, if you were in OP's situation and you wanted to just throw your hands up. Go for it... If you felt like fighting some more well then go for that too. I don't think a second opinion can hurt. Besides you have people crossing the country to find these cars.

If you think they are all the same or that all Honda dealers are bad. The truth is there are metrics for measuring dealers and within that there are absolutely differences. You can walk into a business, any business and feel the difference from employee interaction to friendliness and helpfulness as well as acknowledgement.... It can come down to the very specific person that you are interacting with at the business versus another person.

Find the car
Find the dealer
Find the sales person
Sponsored

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I hope you do not get rid of this car for a creaky seat. I currently have the same issue. It does not bother me that much, eventually i will get it fixed but at least you are not having the same issue as Elantra N owners ( replacing engines, clutches installed backwards, bad injectors, chipping paint from tailights rubbing, etc...).
Well, it’s not solely a creaky seat. It’s seemingly a design issue since they replaced the seat frame and it still came back within 1400 miles. There are more and more rattles popping up. The center dash, the seat belt, the drivers side door pillar, and the glove box (which I found the issue and showed the dealer since the couldn’t find and fix it). With multiple things popping it, it makes me question what else may happen. I love the way the car drives, but I don’t want to constantly have rattled every time I drive it. It’s drives me crazy. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do. Honestly I’m just disappointed at the whole experience overall.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Eh...

I mean obviously right? Obviously it's easier for some versus others.

Listen, if you were in OP's situation and you wanted to just throw your hands up. Go for it... If you felt like fighting some more well then go for that too. I don't think a second opinion can hurt. Besides you have people crossing the country to find these cars.

If you think they are all the same or that all Honda dealers are bad. The truth is there are metrics for measuring dealers and within that there are absolutely differences. You can walk into a business, any business and feel the difference from employee interaction to friendliness and helpfulness as well as acknowledgement.... It can come down to the very specific person that you are interacting with at the business versus another person.

Find the car
Find the dealer
Find the sales person
Maybe we just aren’t in the same situation. But I would get rid of a car prior to needing to drive two hours to get it serviced, talk to people, wait, see them fail, try again. Time. Money. Effort. Energy.

By all means I would try, obviously for a Type R. But seeing my car even messed with so much just takes away from the whole experience and makes you “hate it” eventually.

I’ve been with Honda for 20+ years and I can just wholeheartedly say that his experience is far too common in the last few years with Honda and I’d be shocked if Honda corporate doesn’t just have lawyers give him a scripted “go away” with his follow up on his open case.

Let’s wait and see. But my experience with them is: they will blow you off all day long. It’s their go to strategy.

i hope I’m wrong.

JAMSXR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
“I recently noticed The chattering sound coming from the vicinity of the seat belt that was pointed out by other owners It also came out of my car when I ran on bad roads (driver's seat, passenger seat) If you lower the seat belt up and down adjustment to the lowest position ... Oh my God No sound at all Everyone please try”

Recently picked mine up and noticed this on very bumpy roads. Seems to have worked. Other than that, the car has been perfect. Far less interior noise compared to my C63.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Even when lowering the seat belt to the lowest position, I still get the noise in mine. I'm also getting a little bit of noise from something either in the back seat or trunk/hatch area.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The only consistent noise/rattle in my car is coming from a panel near the lower left of the glove box. I haven’t investigated how to fix it yet, but I think it should be as simple as installing some felt or foam pads in there to take up some small gaps. If there’s a solution for this already, please let me know. I don’t really want to take my car to the dealer. Unless there’s a TSB, I’m afraid they won’t really know how to fix it (which is a waste of time)…unless they have frequently dealt with this issue in other 11th gen Civics.

Last edited:

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Noticed an odd rhythmic click coming from what sounded like the passenger door today. It was very consistent, not sure what it might've been.

My biggest concern is the weird metallic ping I'm hearing from the steering wheel (which I made a thread about). Lots of other people are hearing it too, but I don't think it is supposed to be happening.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, at first I thought the rattling was coming from the passenger side door too. @Bonito Check that panel on the left, down below the glove box. While driving (in a non-busy area) over bumpy, cracked, roads, I was able to put reach down and put my hand on that panel and it seems like I made the rattling go away. I need to investigate more. I’ll have my son take a ride with me and have him put his hand on that panel. It’s much safer than me doing this. Hahaha! I’ll see if my theory is correct and report back later.

tfcivicfl5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'm sensitive to rattles as well. My type r started rattling from the center dash speaker the moment i drove away when I bought my car.

Yes other rattles have popped up and unfortunately a seat squeak. These cars dashes are mostly held together by clips and things are plastic things rattle it's kinda what it is. Your only solution is felting everything.

I've had and 2) amg, trackhawk, 2 corvettes, 2 ctsv caddies over the years and they all rattled. Everyone's tolerance level is different.

We also bought a first year model these issues will get resolved, focus on the driving experience. This is still a great car and tons of fun.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, I expect some rattles for sure. I’m not overly concerned. But if it’s an easy fix that I can do myself, I like to take care of those kinds of things.

It’s not so much that the rattles reduce my enjoyment as much as they are a distraction. I’m 99% positive I have undiagnosed ADHD. Minor distractive things can sometimes really hold my attention much more than I think they would a “normal” person. Things like that can be very difficult for me to ignore. Conversely, it can be helpful. When I’m focused on something constructive and interesting to me, I can be SUPER focused on that too. Double edged sword I guess.😅 I’m sure others here can relate.

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, at first I thought the rattling was coming from the passenger side door too. @Bonito Check that panel on the left, down below the glove box. While driving (in a non-busy area) over bumpy, cracked, roads, I was able to put reach down and put my hand on that panel and it seems like I made the rattling go away. I need to investigate more. I’ll have my son take a ride with me and have him put his hand on that panel. It’s much safer than me doing this. Hahaha! I’ll see if my theory is correct and report back later.
My son and I went for a ride just a bit ago. He held his hand on that lower left panel below the glove box and, as far as I could tell, the rattling went away. I think it’ll be an easy fix. I’ll dig into it further when the weather gets a bit warmer and it’s more comfortable to be in the garage.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thank goodness my car doesn't rattle

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
^^^ I’ve mentioned this before, love the Bernie knitted doll Tickle. Great pic in your signature 🤣

You should get a series of shots of Bernie around and on the car. Rear seat cup holder shot as well. It’s the only time seeing Bernie Sanders makes me smile
Sponsored