• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the CTR the type of car you "drop" into, like a sports car?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
The cars I'm coming from are FRS, ND2 Miata, and 3 NA miatas. My Dads owned sports cars too so any car I've tracked have been low and RWD. Just fallen in love with it I guess.
I'll take one of those slots if you're so inclined kind sir. I just had to pass on a once-in-a-lifetime deal on a 718 Spyder in order to keep my debt to income low enough to buy a house, and I'm feeling salty. Wouldn't mind upgrading my FK8 to an FL5 as a consolation prize. šŸ™‚
Sponsored

OP
OP

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
I'll take one of those slots if you're so inclined kind sir. I just had to pass on a once-in-a-lifetime deal on a 718 Spyder in order to keep my debt to income low enough to buy a house, and I'm feeling salty. Wouldn't mind upgrading my FK8 to an FL5 as a consolation prize. šŸ™‚
The 718 spyder is my Dad's dream car, until he heard they're all at least 20k over. Mind me asking why this was once-in-a-lifetime? Maybe we could trade waitlist for waitlist! That'd be something!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
The 718 spyder is my Dad's dream car, until he heard they're all at least 20k over. Mind me asking why this was once-in-a-lifetime? Maybe we could trade waitlist for waitlist! That'd be something!
No wait-list needed. I managed to talk a dealer down on a CPO Spyder with 2K miles to "only" 12k over MSRP. That might sound insane, but I have full confidence that I'll never, ever find one that cheap ever again. I have no "status" with Porsche to get an allocation, and every other example that I've found is easily $30k+ over (one dealer wanted $60k over). They simply don't make enough of them for the prices to come down.

Reactions: NA6
OP
OP

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
Man and here I was hoping for civicxi forums match maker haha. What is its spec? PCCBs? Carbon buckets or sport seats? Color? Id love to tell my Dad the deal you found.

Shoot me a PM.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
It's a night and day difference in seat height. It immediately felt like I was sitting on the car, so I didn't want to waste the saleperson's time just to say no thanks at the end.
That's surprising. The seat drops reasonably low and the belt line is high. I personally felt sat in the car, not on it.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Rui - I donā€™t know if youā€™ve sat in Miatas or S2000s before (donā€™t mean to presume), but it feels like youā€™re sitting on the floor. At least thatā€™s my perspective.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Rui - I donā€™t know if youā€™ve sat in Miatas or S2000s before (donā€™t mean to presume), but it feels like youā€™re sitting on the floor. At least thatā€™s my perspective.
I've actually had both (still have the S2000). :thumbsup:
The FK8's driving position isn't as low as a sports car's, but since the belt line is also higher, I didn't feel like I was sitting on top of the car. It's all subjective though. :)

Last edited: