• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'd be surprised if they total this thing.
Agree, this does not look like a total loss. The other member who was hit in similar fashion appeared to have more damage and that vehicle is being repaired.

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thanks for the kind words everyone ❤

Thankfully not even close to a total loss - just got the repair estimate and it's only a $3k job. As I had hoped, it's really just a front bumper replacement. Whew - dodged a bullet on that one.

I had my dashcam install appointment for this week too 😛 Fortunately I had a witness at the scene. But for everyone else - GET A DASHCAM! It could save you a ton of headache in situations like this.

Biggest problem now is wait time for repair and parts - looks like I won't get my car back for a few months minimum 😭😭

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Glad you are safe. Honestly driving these cars around are very sketchy right now since there is a recall/stopsale for the driver seat and currently no fix.

Really don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt because of it. Its on my mind whenever I drive.
Is your car part of the recall? I don't think mine is since my VIN is 1000+

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
Me and the wife were just talking about this last night, people now a days really can't drive for shit. glued to their phones like robots smh. I've had many close calls in my FK8, and it almost makes you not want to drive these cars anymore in fear that they'll get totaled :(

AvecVtec

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FL5 Sonic Grey #7155
Me and the wife were just talking about this last night, people now a days really can't drive for shit. glued to their phones like robots smh. I've had many close calls in my FK8, and it almost makes you not want to drive these cars anymore in fear that they'll get totaled :(
glad to see is not only a italian problem…

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Damn Rob that’s unfortunate. Glad to hear it was minimized.

You know… Maybe if your car was a bit more red the guy would have realized his left turn light was red as well!!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Wow... i've been so busy and hadn't been paying much attention... and just saw this. Dude... you def dodged a bullet. Yes, love those brakes!! ...but you also must have done some awesome dodging to avoid a head-on... so glad you're ok (and that your car mostly survived). :thumbsup:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Thanks for the kind words everyone ❤

Thankfully not even close to a total loss - just got the repair estimate and it's only a $3k job. As I had hoped, it's really just a front bumper replacement. Whew - dodged a bullet on that one.

I had my dashcam install appointment for this week too 😛 Fortunately I had a witness at the scene. But for everyone else - GET A DASHCAM! It could save you a ton of headache in situations like this.

Biggest problem now is wait time for repair and parts - looks like I won't get my car back for a few months minimum 😭😭

oh, man... a few months? that really sucks. is your insurance covering a rental or do you have a loaner?? hope you get at least a decent car. I would go nuts having to drive an automatic for months... 😭 o_O

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Damn Rob that’s unfortunate. Glad to hear it was minimized.

You know… Maybe if your car was a bit more red the guy would have realized his left turn light was red as well!!
Interestingly enough when the guy was apologizing he told me he was colorblind. I was like wtf why are you driving then?? :crazy:

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
oh, man... a few months? that really sucks. is your insurance covering a rental or do you have a loaner?? hope you get at least a decent car. I would go nuts having to drive an automatic for months... 😭 o_O
Insurance is covering my rental, but I got a Hyundai Ioniq. So not only is it an automatic, but it's a hybrid too 😭

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Interestingly enough when the guy was apologizing he told me he was colorblind. I was like wtf why are you driving then?? :crazy:
actually, there are a ton of people who are colorblind -- mostly males. It's around 7 percent of the population. if they weren't able to drive at all, it would be a travesty. I know an airplane pilot who is colorblind and still licensed by FAA as such.

So, they learn how to compensate and they are supposed to be extra careful. it's not that difficult as long as a different lense lights up for each color. for instance, on traffic lights, the bottom lense lights for green and the top lense lights for red. it's only a problem if the same lense lights both colors... but then the driver needs to be extra vigilant -- slowing down and observing the traffic.

ohh... forgot to mention... men are usually colorblind in the green colors -- they see it as white... so they often retain red -- which means that they will know if it's red or not. but they can also lose other colors or are totally colorblind.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Insurance is covering my rental, but I got a Hyundai Ioniq. So not only is it an automatic, but it's a hybrid too 😭
well... at least you're doing the environment a favor LOL ...and you don't have to worry about charging the car. not sure what's going to happen when they force full EV on us. Here in chicago (as in many places like ohio) the only parking for residents is on-street parking and there's obviously no electrical outlets every 10 feet at the curb. :dunno:
Sponsored