• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Tuxedo Mask

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Oh

Oh wow, thanks for the clarification. Are you comfortable with this being repaired or would you have preferred if it were totaled? I know there are differing opinions on repairs of this magnitude.
Given the state of the Type R market now, I'm glad they're repairing it since I didn't want to deal with trying to find another one. There was a point when I thought, "if this car gets totalled, would I buy another one or get something else?"

Also, the idea of extending my debt didn't seem so appealing plus "losing money" in the taxes and registration (CA costs a pretty penny). I'll try to push for a diminished value claim and hopefully get something from that to pay down the car even faster.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, definitely get a diminished value claim if you can. Once the car is fixed, it will have the collision on its permanent record, including details like airbag deployment. This is NBD if you don’t plan to sell it. However, I’m sorry to say this, but it will absolutely affect resale value, even if the car is brought back to 99.9% factory original.

OP
OP
Tuxedo Mask

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Yeah, definitely get a diminished value claim if you can. Once the car is fixed, it will have the collision on its permanent record, including details like airbag deployment. This is NBD if you don’t plan to sell it. However, I’m sorry to say this, but it will absolutely affect resale value, even if the car is brought back to 99.9% factory original.
Even if I don't plan on selling, that's money that can go towards paying it down.

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
If they can properly fix it, the real headache will probably be the wait time to get parts.😕 One step at a time. At least no one was hurt. That’s the main thing.
Should be able to at least get aftermarket front bumper
Know there'sfl5 replica bumpers already available as seen on this sedan

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... FL5 hit at red light 😞 1682139306566

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Should be able to at least get aftermarket front bumper
Know there'sfl5 replica bumpers already available as seen on this sedan

1682139306566.png
While that may be true, it won’t fit the wide body fenders of the FL5. Good thought tho.

OP
OP
Tuxedo Mask

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
This update is a week overdue, but I'm finally back in the Type R :D

Last weekend is was cold and rainy in SoCal, but this morning was perfect to get back out on the mountain!

(figured I'd at least stop for pics if the conditions weren't good enough to drive last weekend)
11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... FL5 hit at red light 😞 1687124640651

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... FL5 hit at red light 😞 1687124699883

Today though was perfect and reminded me how bad I need to get this car on a track!! I had one scheduled before the accident but ultimately had to cancel....
11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... FL5 hit at red light 😞 1687124720950

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
This update is a week overdue, but I'm finally back in the Type R :D

Last weekend is was cold and rainy in SoCal, but this morning was perfect to get back out on the mountain!

(figured I'd at least stop for pics if the conditions weren't good enough to drive last weekend)
1687124640651.png

1687124699883.png

Today though was perfect and reminded me how bad I need to get this car on a track!! I had one scheduled before the accident but ultimately had to cancel....
1687124720950.png
YESSSS welcome back!!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Very sorry to hear that. Good advice above for sure. As hard as it is to get one of these, hopefully it is fixable quickly. As for frame damage, if there is any- hopefully not- I would not be okay with just having it straightened, as the integrity of the frame will still not be the same - making it less safe in any future crash, and may affect the feel when driving.
Sponsored