• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Interestingly enough when the guy was apologizing he told me he was colorblind. I was like wtf why are you driving then?? :crazy:
They have to pass the same vision and driving tests as everyone else. My dad is colorblind and has had zero wrecks. It’s not that he can’t discern colors. It’s that some colors don’t look the way they’re supposed to. They know what colors the street lights (including light sequences) and signs are intended to be, and that’s how they pass driving tests. The guy mentioning his colorblindness is an entirely irrelevant and stupid thing to say as it doesn’t excuse unsafe driving.
Sponsored

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
That's crazy, sorry man

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
They have to pass the same vision and driving tests as everyone else. My dad is colorblind and has had zero wrecks. It’s not that he can’t discern colors. It’s that some colors don’t look the way they’re supposed to. They know what colors the street lights (including light sequences) and signs are intended to be, and that’s how they pass driving tests. The guy mentioning his colorblindness is an entirely irrelevant and stupid thing to say as it doesn’t excuse unsafe driving.
Fair enough - I figured they had some way to get around it (like memorizing the location of the light rather than the color). I'm all for accommodations for people with conditions/disabilities, as long as it's safe to do so. No doubt plenty of color-blind people out there are driving perfectly safely.

Agree it was a weird thing for him to say though lol. It was just an 18 year-old kid, and he was understandably very rattled.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Fair enough - I figured they had some way to get around it (like memorizing the location of the light rather than the color). I'm all for accommodations for people with conditions/disabilities, as long as it's safe to do so. No doubt plenty of color-blind people out there are driving perfectly safely.

Agree it was a weird thing for him to say though lol. It was just an 18 year-old kid, and he was understandably very rattled.
Because 18 is 100% exactly why alllllll of this happened. That should’ve been his first explanation.

Glad you have everything on track to get fixed and it turned out to be NBD for the most part, despite the mental/emotional anguish and wait time. Race that rental/loaner in the meantime!🤣

Dongespe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic HB Sport
I hate when this happens. I had a similar indecent with my 2012 CRZ, it got hit in the parking lot at work, was in the shop over a month. Picked it up in the morning and got rear ended that afternoon.
Glad no one was hurt and the other driver smites fault. Hang in there, you and your baby will get to get acquainted.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Drawing inspiration from @Tuxedo Mask and his unfortunate incident here...something very similar happened to me last night.

While he lasted 3,500 miles, I only lasted a whopping 179...😭😭😭

Just like in his case, a driver ran a red light and hit me. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, and the other party admitted fault and that was recorded in the police report. I was approaching an intersection when an oncoming car suddenly decided to make a left turn. Not sure how that happened, since he had a red arrow. I slammed on my brakes and actually very nearly avoided the accident (the CTR brakes are amazing - when I first saw the car turning into the intersection, I thought it was going to be a very nasty high speed collision, but I was able to get down to about 20-30 MPH before the collision and turn a bit sideways to avoid a head-on hit).

Air bags did NOT go off and the damage appears contained to the front bumper and headlights, so hopefully not too bad of a fix.

But I think I have the sadder backstory: I purchased my car about a month ago, and drove it straight from the dealership to the shop to get tinted windows and PPF. Due to a variety of delays from COVID and staff shortages, it took them a full month to complete the work. So I finally picked up my car yesterday, and took it out at night to celebrate and get acquainted with it....and got hit almost immediately. Back to another tortuous wait as I wait for the body shop to do the repair and for insurance to sort everything out, sigh...

20230425_002527.jpg

20230425_002536.jpg

20230425_002545.jpg

20230425_002555.jpg

20230425_002558.jpg

20230425_002607.jpg
Damn, hate it for you! Crazy drivers everywhere! Better luck in the future!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Ouch. It really sucks that you did not get to enjoy the car for a while first. Thankfully you live to drive another day - which is what really matters.
Hopefully they get it fixed soon and you can be on the road again.

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Damn, I haven't been on this forum for a few days since my car is out, but I'm sorry to see this happen to another one. Hopefully we get our bumpers soon 🤞glad to hear everyone was okay

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Sorry to bump an old thread, but am very excited to share the update that my car is REPAIRED and back in action! (Or at least, will be back in action very soon, after the PPF is re-installed).

For a while there, the parts situation seemed hopeless, but one day they just miraculously arrived, and the turnaround was pretty quick after that. Very happy with the paint matching - was a bit concerned it wouldn't match, but they were able to get it pretty spot on without even having to blend :)

Thanks to all for your kind words!

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident after1

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident after4

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident after8

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Sorry to bump an old thread, but am very excited to share the update that my car is REPAIRED and back in action! (Or at least, will be back in action very soon, after the PPF is re-installed).

For a while there, the parts situation seemed hopeless, but one day they just miraculously arrived, and the turnaround was pretty quick after that. Very happy with the paint matching - was a bit concerned it wouldn't match, but they were able to get it pretty spot on without even having to blend :)

after1.jpg

after4.jpg

after8.jpg
that looks good :)

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
did the paint texture match the rest of the car? FL5 paint is notorious for orange peel, I always wonder if the person painting and blending matches the orange peel, or is just concerned with matching color.
Good question, I honestly didn't check that. Will take a look after I pick it back up from the detailer :)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

after1.jpg

after4.jpg

after8.jpg
Im so glad this headache is over for you.
Sponsored