• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Very sorry to hear about that. Glad no one appears to have been hurt. Good advice above to get both you and the car thoroughly checked out.
No way they will total it but make sure it gets diagnosed and fixed correctly. Not all body shops are created equal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tuxedo Mask

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Did your drivers seat fail due to the frame weld problem? Highly doubt it since you’re not injured, but curious since Honda said it “may fail” during an accident (with the recall).
Thankfully, no.
I haven't had any issues with the seats. My R is R00857 so it might have just been the earlier ones with the issue.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Well, after 3500 miles of fun ownership, someone ran a red today and hit me.

While not a loss in my eyes, I gotta wait for insurance to take a look at it and determine the details. Airbags did go off so I'm hoping it's a case of a sensor just getting clipped based on the fact that it looks mostly cosmetic.

Thankfully no one was hurt and the other driver admitted fault on the police report.

20230318_155625.jpg

20230327_090322.jpg

20230327_090331.jpg
Damn- that is a shame! Glad no one was hurt! Please let us know the outcome!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Could've been worse. If I was 1 foot further up the road, that impact would've been a real hit. Car runs and drives which gives me hope that they'll repair it.
Seems like an easy fix! Bumper components and airbag.

OP
OP
Tuxedo Mask

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Little update.
They're gonna go ahead and repair the car. For those curious, parts and labor (which the other persons insurance is gonna cover) is 15k. The head lights are the most expensive part at 1400 a housing lmao

I'm to call the shop tomorrow or the day after to see what their time estimate is.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, FK8 2021
Little update.
They're gonna go ahead and repair the car. For those curious, parts and labor (which the other persons insurance is gonna cover) is 15k. The head lights are the most expensive part at 1400 a housing lmao

I'm to call the shop tomorrow or the day after to see what their time estimate is.
glad to hear! however were the leadlights damaged too? if not can you get them back and sell them yourself? lol

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
Just hope whoever fixes your car has more ethics than these guys -- did you see this?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a43183871/acura-nsx-tiktok-dilemma/
This is one of those situations where the dealership is the one putting in the warranty claim and I guarantee they aren't including "our techs beat the hell out of the customer's car prior to failure" in that report. Once Acura get the full picture, if there is no other funny business, they'll likely cover the warranty and/or force the dealership to cover the fix.

There was a bunch of stories like this surrounding the GT/GR86 and BRZ, failures on track and dealers essentially saying the failure was due to abuse, but when Subaru/Toyota found out the abuse was just normal track driving, something the car is targeted for, they cover the warranty claim and slap the dealership for being slick.

Dealerships would rather charge you because warranty claims will be at cost and a lower hour time vs when they charge the customer regular part rates and add extra labor hours to a job.

zionorbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S
Ouch, sorry to hear it man but glad to hear your insurance isn't screwing you over. How longs the estimated repair? The damage appears to be superficial to just the exterior panels.

OP
OP
Tuxedo Mask

Tuxedo Mask

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
glad to hear! however were the leadlights damaged too? if not can you get them back and sell them yourself? lol
Headlights were scuffed lol

Ouch, sorry to hear it man but glad to hear your insurance isn't screwing you over. How longs the estimated repair? The damage appears to be superficial to just the exterior panels.
They said the work itself would take them about 2 weeks, but the big thing is parts availability so they don't know exactly. Exterior panels plus some interior parts plus some other stuff. I'll upload the full sheet here

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Oh
Thats the just the parts cost lmao
Labor cost, not pictured above was 6k
Oh wow, thanks for the clarification. Are you comfortable with this being repaired or would you have preferred if it were totaled? I know there are differing opinions on repairs of this magnitude.

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Well, after 3500 miles of fun ownership, someone ran a red today and hit me.

While not a loss in my eyes, I gotta wait for insurance to take a look at it and determine the details. Airbags did go off so I'm hoping it's a case of a sensor just getting clipped based on the fact that it looks mostly cosmetic.

Thankfully no one was hurt and the other driver admitted fault on the police report.

20230318_155625.jpg

20230327_090322.jpg

20230327_090331.jpg
Sorry to hear about this. I feel the pain. I posted what happened to our FK8 on civicx, but we were hit and run side swiped by an AHOLE pulling a side by side back on Nov. 27. 4 1/2 months later, car is back to new, re-ceramic coated, and now tinted up with with fresh Kavaca CS. It was a journey of who would/could/should do the work, but due diligence and patience will get you and the FL5 back in the game!
Sponsored