• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
https://www.honda.co.jp/ownersmanual/webom/jpn/civictyper/2023/

Tried to figure out whether you can turn off the rev match just like FK8, and realize the JDM owner's manual is out
and the answer is yes.
11th Gen Honda Civic JDM FL5 Civic Type R Owner's Manual; Rev Match OFF+ specified Oil/Fluid capacity 1662355868100

pics below translated by Google directly, the capacity of coolant increased to 6.63 L from 4.65L. No idea why but probably because of the larger radiator size. “The radiator itself has a larger core area and cooling performance has been improved by 8.8%. ”
The volume of washer fluid was reduced to 1.5L from 3L. The specified transmission and engine oil capacity didn't change.
11th Gen Honda Civic JDM FL5 Civic Type R Owner's Manual; Rev Match OFF+ specified Oil/Fluid capacity 1662355891056

11th Gen Honda Civic JDM FL5 Civic Type R Owner's Manual; Rev Match OFF+ specified Oil/Fluid capacity 1662355928458

pics below credit toward OG post
11th Gen Honda Civic JDM FL5 Civic Type R Owner's Manual; Rev Match OFF+ specified Oil/Fluid capacity FblLuo-UsAAC5xE

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e1062643760
The Honda Access CF spoiler is listed in an auction site for 270K Yen, and according to the bag, it's made in Italy.
11th Gen Honda Civic JDM FL5 Civic Type R Owner's Manual; Rev Match OFF+ specified Oil/Fluid capacity ★シビック タイプR FL5 typeR テールゲートスポイラー 開封のみ★リアウイング ホンダ純正オプション_yy
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
https://www.honda.co.jp/ownersmanual/webom/jpn/civictyper/2023/

Tried to figure out whether you can turn off the rev match just like FK8, and realize the JDM owner's manual is out
and the answer is yes.
1662355868100.png

pics below translated by Google directly, the capacity of coolant increased to 6.63 L from 4.65L. No idea why but probably because of the larger radiator size. “The radiator itself has a larger core area and cooling performance has been improved by 8.8%. ”
The volume of washer fluid was reduced to 1.5L from 3L. The specified transmission and engine oil capacity didn't change.
1662355891056.png

1662355928458.png

pics below credit toward OG post
FblLuo-UsAAC5xE.jpg

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e1062643760
The Honda Access CF spoiler is listed in an auction site for 270K Yen, and according to the bag, it's made in Italy.
★シビック タイプR FL5 typeR テールゲートスポイラー 開封のみ★リアウイング ホンダ純正オプション_yy.jpg
Any other cool finds?

Does it detail the engine breaking in procedure?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Does this mean that I still have to turn off 10 different annoyances every time I get in the car?

I sure as hell hope somebody can code this crap off by default. All this garbage in the name of safety. It completely ruins the driving experience and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

I left the BMW world (in part) thinking that I can get away from this nonsense, but it sounds like it’s the standard nowadays and here to stay for good.

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
Does this mean that I still have to turn off 10 different annoyances every time I get in the car?

I sure as hell hope somebody can code this crap off by default. All this garbage in the name of safety. It completely ruins the driving experience and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

I left the BMW world (in part) thinking that I can get away from this nonsense, but it sounds like it’s the standard nowadays and here to stay for good.
I would imagine that the safety systems that have a button, such as ESC for example, would reset to 'on' and have to be turned off each time when required.. but hopefully anything from within the menus (such as this rev match setting) would retain the values.. Just an assumption but I think it's a good chance.

But hey, at least the BMW's have an actual handbrake instead of this rubbish auto brake system.. no idea why they insist on adding extra things to fail, that aren't needed.

No pun intended, but dear Honda, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I would imagine that the safety systems that have a button, such as ESC for example, would reset to 'on' and have to be turned off each time when required.. but hopefully anything from within the menus (such as this rev match setting) would retain the values.. Just an assumption but I think it's a good chance.

But hey, at least the BMW's have an actual handbrake instead of this rubbish auto brake system.. no idea why they insist on adding extra things to fail, that aren't needed.

No pun intended, but dear Honda, if it aint broke, don't fix it.
None of the new BMW’s have a handbrake AFAIK. The G80 M3 doesn’t have one for sure. The G87 M2 won’t either I believe.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
They couldn't integrate an auto brake hold if they gave you a manual e-brake. Luxury/convenience vs sport, and decisions were made

Reactions: 007

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
They couldn't integrate an auto brake hold if they gave you a manual e-brake. Luxury/convenience vs sport, and decisions were made

I'm not sure that's true - I have driven several cars with the feature or similar (such as hill start assist) with standard hand brakes. It doesn't use the same brake as the handbrake to do that (in those cars).

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
I'm not sure that's true - I have driven several cars with the feature or similar (such as hill start assist) with standard hand brakes. It doesn't use the same brake as the handbrake to do that (in those cars).
Correct. Brake hold uses the ABS system to maintain brake pressure. Nothing to do with the parking brake.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
"The feature leverages modern anti-lock-braking system (ABS) in order to automatically hold the brakes when at a stop. When active, the ABS module locks in the pressure from the pedal going to the calipers once the vehicle comes to a stop, holding the car in place with the braking system, and not the electronic hand brake. The feature engages once the speedometer reaches zero, or when the car detects that the brake pedal is being firmly depressed and the car is stopped. "

Interesting. So there's literally no need to eliminate the e-brake beyond aesthetics, convenience, and safety (and I use that word as a polite substitute for inattentiveness). I've had to manually disengage an automatic e-brake multiple times when I've opened the door to have a look at what I'm doing while I roll my car close to a curb or other obstacle in a garage/similar

OP
OP
Rainy4s

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
[/QUOTE]
Any other cool finds?

Does it detail the engine breaking in procedure?
it didn't say it in detail, only including something like “During the first 1,000 km , avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle so as not to damage the engine or powertrain. ”
11th Gen Honda Civic JDM FL5 Civic Type R Owner's Manual; Rev Match OFF+ specified Oil/Fluid capacity 1662403990608

I think this is the same notice for FK8, FK7, not sure tho

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
"The feature leverages modern anti-lock-braking system (ABS) in order to automatically hold the brakes when at a stop. When active, the ABS module locks in the pressure from the pedal going to the calipers once the vehicle comes to a stop, holding the car in place with the braking system, and not the electronic hand brake. The feature engages once the speedometer reaches zero, or when the car detects that the brake pedal is being firmly depressed and the car is stopped. "

Interesting. So there's literally no need to eliminate the e-brake beyond aesthetics, convenience, and safety (and I use that word as a polite substitute for inattentiveness). I've had to manually disengage an automatic e-brake multiple times when I've opened the door to have a look at what I'm doing while I roll my car close to a curb or other obstacle in a garage/similar
One benefit is that in the event of an emergency (say the driver has a medical issue), pulling the e-brake button will apply full braking force to all 4 wheels until the vehicle comes to a complete stop, at which point the parking brake motors will engage. Something like that is not possible w/ a manual e-brake lever. Also, I'd assume that a button that actuates a motor in each rear piston is cheaper than a lever + cables + additional parking brake hardware in the brakes.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
it didn't say it in detail, only including something like “During the first 1,000 km , avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle so as not to damage the engine or powertrain. ”
1662403990608.png

I think this is the same notice for FK8, FK7, not sure tho
I left the dealership with 5 miles on the clock on my FK8 and raped it

held like a champ