• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester’s FL5 build journal.

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
Thank you dude!

The only reason I got it for that price was because the car had been sitting in the showroom for more than 7 months. With a 15k markup. When I went there they were already down to 7k markup. Only reason I was able to talk them down was that I had a trade with a lot of equity and it was a super easy deal and manager wanted to move the car. I also managed to secure a deal for the next one they get for a close friend but at a 5k markup. So its not a deal they will do again. It was just a fluke from basically guaranteed 2 Type R sales. If you want you can PM me and we can talk about it if you are interested. But keep in mind it will be likely a 5k markup dealer won’t budge on that.
i see!! what a lucky deal! hahah! i'm just waiting, i'm willing to wait until the very last year for a msrp deal. congrats again and thanks for telling me how it went down. can't wait to see what else you do with it! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
i see!! what a lucky deal! hahah! i'm just waiting, i'm willing to wait until the very last year for a msrp deal. congrats again and thanks for telling me how it went down. can't wait to see what else you do with it! :thumbsup:
Yeah patience is key! I was willing to wait also for msrp. But got lucky and jumped on it. Keep your head up you will get yours. And who knows if they might make some changes as the model years pass. And will keep posting things here for the build.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
First mod was already installed. I know this car is recirculating but could not resist the nostalgia of reliving my tuner car days. Aside from what will be a little loss of response I’m very happy with it. More parts on the way.

IMG_1756.jpeg

IMG_1757.jpeg
Throwback! Post a video of the HKS ssqv when you get a chance. I don’t plan on adding a bov but I do get a kick out of the way they sound 🦗 My Sprint P08 filter does a pretty good job of turning heads as I rev by ppl on the sidewalks 😂

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Throwback! Post a video of the HKS ssqv when you get a chance. I don’t plan on adding a bov but I do get a kick out of the way they sound 🦗 My Sprint P08 filter does a pretty good job of turning heads as I rev by ppl on the sidewalks 😂
Will get a video soon! I could not resist, the throwback was too much. With the filter and BPV you get most of the sound either way. But it does make that classic high pitch sound.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is a quick and dirty one since I did not have my gopro with me. Used the quadlock mount with a little octopus mount on the steering wheel lol. Now have to do the rear motor mount wheel hop is brutal.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Unexpected opportunity and decided to jump on it. Worked with LHT performance on this. PRL fmic.
11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1903

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1904

Also received some extra goodies from them, shifter cable bushings, shifter base bushings.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Took the car to sebring today after an oil change at 1k miles. Sadly ran into some issues that I need to resolve. But for the few laps I managed to get in, the car so far is meeting and exceeding all my expectations.
11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1898

Last edited:

Club Version

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Took the car to sebring today after an oil change at 1k miles. Sadly ran into some issues that I need to resolve. But for the few laps I managed to get in, the car so far is meeting and exceeding all my expectations.
IMG_1898.jpeg
Hey Jester what issues did you have? Also did you used to go to the Wednesday S2k Flani’s meet?

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey Jester what issues did you have? Also did you used to go to the Wednesday S2k Flani’s meet?
It was nothing major, my fault. I switched out one of the hard pipes on the cold side which was for a fk8. FL5 has a bigger diameter pipe so I reused the stock clamp until I switched it to a smaller one. And it was never 100% tight so the pipe blew off. But the smaller clamp and right coupler came in so will be fixing that asap.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Sorry I missed the question bud, I’m in central FL so did not make it to the Flani meet.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Doing a shifter cable bushing install on the car today with detent springs. Bought an accuity and had some PRL bushing kit to compare.

Both kits seem to be excellent quality, the PRL does include grease in the kit. Securing the bushings is different for the smaller one. The PRL has a cap on the bottom but no clip and Accuity used clips on both. They are also both made out of delrin so no binding should occur. Will install the accuity since it has the black delrin which I like over the white one and it also has that signature purple color.

I also installed some PRL shifter base bushings which were a PITA to install but did not take pictures.

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1934

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1935

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Bushings installed! You do have to remove quite a bit of stuff to get into the shifter cable area. Did not remove the harness covering the cable just decided to take my time and install them right there.

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1930

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1933

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s FL5 build journal. IMG_1938

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Stock vs accuity bushings in the video. First one is stock second one is with accuity. No change in engagement or any issues. You can’t tell in the video but it feels marginally tighter when going through the gears.

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Stock vs accuity bushings in the video. First one is stock second one is with accuity. No change in engagement or any issues. You can’t tell in the video but it feels marginally tighter when going through the gears.

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Nicely done!

I've installed the PRL shifter base bushings, took my time and it wasn't too bad.

I also have the PRL shifter cable bushings but have not installed. Dreading the install due to everything you have to remove.

Going to wait until the PRL Stage 1 Intake arrives and install both then.
Sponsored