Sponsored

New Type R (FL5) Owner!

OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
nothing major, but the MAF sensor extension harness should not be routed over top of the airbox itself. The wire loom will rattle against the plastic box of the intake. Wiring should go under or around it like in the image.
Thank you! 🙏 I will take a look tonight.


Got the idea from a member on here. It's an enamel pin that you have to slightly "nib" the rubber pieces to squeeze between the honeycomb grill.

Here's the link => Honda - Civic (FL5) Boost Blue Pearl – Leen Customs
Thanks for the link - more FL5 swag! woohoo.
Where is SoCal are you? I used to live in San Fernando Valley.
Sponsored

 

zumbooruk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
687
Reaction score
647
Location
Ventura CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5, 2014 Chevy Suburban (wife), previous 2007 FA5
QUESTION on tire size, personally think the 265/30 is too low profile, would I be ok with 275/35 considering suspension is stock? Will there be any rubbing on any part of the vehicle?
275/35R19 will fit per several reports here.
I am planning to get this size when OEM tires wear out.
Probably DWS 06+
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
275/35R19 will fit per several reports here.
I am planning to get this size when OEM tires wear out.
Probably DWS 06+
Damn just looked at prices, the stock tires are like $334/tire
The 275 35 19s are $285/tire.

Are there any other brands that are good. I'm assuming DWS 06+ are pretty solid choice, right?
 


zumbooruk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
687
Reaction score
647
Location
Ventura CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5, 2014 Chevy Suburban (wife), previous 2007 FA5
Damn just looked at prices, the stock tires are like $334/tire
The 275 35 19s are $285/tire.

Are there any other brands that are good. I'm assuming DWS 06+ are pretty solid choice, right?
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season but I believe that it is more expensive
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season won 2026 Tire Rack test about the same price as DWS 06+ but it is new so less long-term owner data

Most other tires offer lower performance at about the same price (or even higher)

Few are cheaper, about $250/tire
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season but I believe that it is more expensive
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season won 2026 Tire Rack test about the same price as DWS 06+ but it is new so less long-term owner data

Most other tires offer lower performance at about the same price (or even higher)

Few are cheaper, about $250/tire
Good info thank you so much for sharing. Now I know what I'm not looking forward to when the time comes.
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Found some great condition OEM Red Interior floor mats for $180 shipped.
They look great red on red :drool:
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! carpet
 

Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
352
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
Damn just looked at prices, the stock tires are like $334/tire
The 275 35 19s are $285/tire.

Are there any other brands that are good. I'm assuming DWS 06+ are pretty solid choice, right?
I can assure you that the DWS 06+ is a little more quiet than the OE tire. I have the OE size on mine265/30. I didn’t want to be jumping hoops trying to reinvent the wheel. I installed even 19x9.5 +50 on the offset, not +45 like everyone else; I don’t like the way the wheel pokes out. Also, nobody near me installed the reverse mount required on the OEM wheel. I put 600 miles a little bit more weekly on the I35 and the DSW06+ are really good.
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I can assure you that the DWS 06+ is a little more quiet than the OE tire. I have the OE size on mine265/30. I didn’t want to be jumping hoops trying to reinvent the wheel. I installed even 19x9.5 +50 on the offset, not +45 like everyone else; I don’t like the way the wheel pokes out. Also, nobody near me installed the reverse mount required on the OEM wheel. I put 600 miles a little bit more weekly on the I35 and the DSW06+ are really good.
The stock specs are interesting, such low profile.
  • Wheel Size: 19 x 9.5 inches
  • Wheel Offset: +60 mm
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x120 mm (center bore: 64.1 mm)
  • Tire Size: 265/30ZR19 93Y (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S)
I like the beefier look, most likely will go with the DWS 06+ 275/35ZR19.
I don't really plan on lowering the car, but who knows lol.
 


Evox787

Senior Member
First Name
Elvin
Joined
Apr 9, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
511
Reaction score
352
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R , Evo X 2010, Scion XA 2006
Build Thread
Link
The stock specs are interesting, such low profile.
  • Wheel Size: 19 x 9.5 inches
  • Wheel Offset: +60 mm
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x120 mm (center bore: 64.1 mm)
  • Tire Size: 265/30ZR19 93Y (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S)
I like the beefier look, most likely will go with the DWS 06+ 275/35ZR19.
I don't really plan on lowering the car, but who knows lol.
Yes, I shared your situation until one tire was damaged by the dealer during mounting, as they struggled with the reverse mount. Around 30,000 miles, if I recall correctly, the original alignment is aggressive for everyday driving. You cannot adjust the car much without altering a few components; in my case, I installed PRL rigid collars that set the front alignment to the same specification after lowering it, and I now run –1.7, if memory serves, whereas I previously had –2.2. I recorded all the specifications in my journal, but even at the rear, fixing the setup for less aggression requires adjustable toe arms.

I am at –1.5 and 8 degrees of total toe because the tires would wear out quickly, which is why I chose to lower the car and use different wheels while keeping the original size.
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,047
Reaction score
835
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
Found some great condition OEM Red Interior floor mats for $180 shipped.
They look great red on red :drool:
carpet.webp
That previous owner must've really taken out a lot. Those also came stock, I keep mine under the trunk weather mat

Also the PS4S was like $260/tire last year 😵‍💫
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
That previous owner must've really taken out a lot. Those also came stock, I keep mine under the trunk weather mat

Also the PS4S was like $260/tire last year 😵‍💫
Car came with black mats instead of red. Lol what would be the story there?
Imagine there are red ones there let me go check 😂
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yes, I shared your situation until one tire was damaged by the dealer during mounting, as they struggled with the reverse mount. Around 30,000 miles, if I recall correctly, the original alignment is aggressive for everyday driving. You cannot adjust the car much without altering a few components; in my case, I installed PRL rigid collars that set the front alignment to the same specification after lowering it, and I now run –1.7, if memory serves, whereas I previously had –2.2. I recorded all the specifications in my journal, but even at the rear, fixing the setup for less aggression requires adjustable toe arms.

I am at –1.5 and 8 degrees of total toe because the tires would wear out quickly, which is why I chose to lower the car and use different wheels while keeping the original size.
Thanks for the information, I recall going down this rabbit hole before when I was trying to fit 245s in my civic si while dropped on Teins and I had enkei 17x9 wheels.
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
That previous owner must've really taken out a lot. Those also came stock, I keep mine under the trunk weather mat

Also the PS4S was like $260/tire last year 😵‍💫
Hm there are black type R floor mats and they look bigger than the red ones I just received. They look bulkier..
Sponsored

 
 







Top