• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So what have we been seeing pictures of- are they not production hatchbacks?
the pictures from the press release a couple of months back were pre production models...the videos/pics you see out now are probably the ones produced in Japan, I think they are already on sale over there.
Sponsored

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Bout time!!! Motor Bella starts this week in Detroit...I wonder if the Civic hatchback will be there? I was REALLY disappointed that the 2022 Civic hatch wasn't at the chicago auto show.

Perhaps Honda will drop a huge press release tomorrow?
Honda US uploaded new Hatchback Youtube videos this morning so we may see more details with the official production launch announcement that is coming today.

We can now see what the US manual looks like in the Hatchback.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed! Specs, Info, Pics & Video Capture.JPG

Last edited:

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I don’t know about the US but here in Canada the announced pricing is higher than I expected for the Hatch. The LX Hatch is $3.5k more than the LX sedan in Canada.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
You're in luck. The EU hatchback will be exclusively electrifying and made in Japan. Available autumn 2022. Even these pre-production JDM pictures seem to have better build quality than the ones from the U.S.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda...2-honda-civic-hatchback-revealed-hybrid-power

1624754637836.png
ok, we can throw that out of the window, whoever provided them with the info it will be made in Japan, is full of shit.

The entire Civic range, hatch included, will be made in US only. :confused:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
ok, we can throw that out of the window, whoever provided them with the info it will be made in Japan, is full of shit.

The entire Civic range, hatch included, will be made in US only. :confused:
No, on both statements.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, on both statements.
well, I actually meant: it, the hatch, will not be made in Japan, as stated before on here.

So, I'm right about that statement.

I should have said: the Civics will be made in North America, not US alone though.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
The all encompassing AU press release included mention of SUVs and other Honda vehicles. My interpretation was those were the ones being built in Japan. Their new "Honda dealership and sales model" is depressing.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
well, I actually meant: it, the hatch, will not be made in Japan, as stated before on here.

So, I'm right about that statement.

I should have said: the Civics will be made in North America, not US alone though.
No, Japan also makes 2022 Civics. Europe only gets hybrid version of the Civic (hatchback) next autumn.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/honda-switches-to-japan-sourcing-for-civic-hr-v

https://europe.autonews.com/latest-launches/honda-will-sell-new-civic-europe-hybrid-only-model

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting

according to the article from 31st August, the Type R will come from Japan too.
according to the June article, for the normal hatchback:
'Honda will no longer build European versions of the car in Swindon, England. The factory is being shuttered in July as the automaker shrinks its global manufacturing network. Honda has not said where the European models will be built'

So, still no definite answer concerning the hatch models, at least the hatch models for Europe, will the come from the US alone, its not denied, nor confirmed based on those articles as well

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
It's anyone's guess the factory Honda chooses to build the new Type R. If built in Japan, it would make the car appear more "Japanese" even though majority of the parts are sourced all over the world. I don't envision Honda having multiple factories build the Type R as it's relatively low volume.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
NA and Europe Type R’s will be built in the US. Japan market Type R will be built at the same factory as the Hatchback they build for the Japanese market.