• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
The difference is probably down to environmental factors - I don't thing it has been specifically tuned to give more or less power in one continent, more tuned to better suit the environment in each continent (heat, humidity etc)
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Oh I'm sure the emissions regs are playing into all this, no doubt at all about that!

Reactions: Z3N

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I really hate those small turbo torque maps that peak and fall of a cliff. I like how some tuners might give you less peak but flatten the curve the car feels more progressive and normally aspirated.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
If it was up to me, this car would have a factory 9,000rpm K24 with individual throttle bodies (like an old BMW M engine). Alas, those days are gone forever, so I'll begrudgingly take the turbo 2.0L.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
If it was up to me, this car would have a factory 9,000rpm K24 with individual throttle bodies (like an old BMW M engine). Alas, those days are gone forever, so I'll begrudgingly take the turbo 2.0L.
Or buy an older BMW with ITBs 😀

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
then people bitch its slower than a Si.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
As long as the turbo doesn't kick in late (looking at you WRX) I'm good.
The short rpm boost in most modern turbo intakes is fine by me; good economically and for fun. 👍
Sponsored