• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
If it was up to me, this car would have a factory 9,000rpm K24 with individual throttle bodies (like an old BMW M engine). Alas, those days are gone forever, so I'll begrudgingly take the turbo 2.0L.
Man, I wish, but realistically cars these days have so much power Honda would never make a factory k with that much NA

I’ll be going with toda ITB’s on my EG8 k20, it’s already about 240whp on e85 right now with bolt ons…it’s going to be super fun on ITB’s & cams

11th Gen Honda Civic Official 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) U.S. Specifications Released! 315 hp / 310 lb-ft! 7E9F7CB8-61AB-4690-87BD-8B0DD61AA371
Sponsored

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
The difference is probably down to environmental factors - I don't thing it has been specifically tuned to give more or less power in one continent, more tuned to better suit the environment in each continent (heat, humidity etc)
Yes it's because the US has crap quality gas. Lots of areas only have 91 octane access. First thing I'm getting is Hondata 93 octane base tune.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I only use 98RON in my UK FK8, wouldn't use anything less unless I was desperate and caught short.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I only use 98RON in my UK FK8, wouldn't use anything less unless I was desperate and caught short.
Assuming the octane rating is directly comparable, you won't find anything that high in the United States. I believe 93 octane is now the highest octane available (91 in California, which has 40 million people). When I was a kid we had 96 octane gas, but those days are long gone.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
95 is the minimum here for unleaded. Don't think I've seen anything less for years. I don't know if they are directly comparable though.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
A couple of explanations I found....

"In Europe, the octane rating on the pump is simply the RON figure. America, by contrast, uses the average of the RON and the MON figures, called the AKI (anti-knock index). Thus, 97 octane “super unleaded” in Britain is roughly equivalent to 91 octane premium in the United States."

"RON is the octane measure used globally and it's more efficient to produce and certify. 95 RON is roughly equivalent to 91-octane on the anti-knock index currently used in the United States. But unlike 91 premium fuel, 95 RON wouldn't be a niche product reserved just for luxury cars."

Appears that our fuel isn't much different to the US premium 91 Octane, therefor wouldn't go any way to explain the differences in BHP. Its got to be the MAP and setup due to environment and emissions laws.

Last edited:

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Ah yes, the obligatory RON/AKI explainer everyone forgets about.

I think the crap gas thing holds some water, though. Some places only get 87 AKI, and it's really bad 87. If Honda tunes for the eventuality that some owner will run into it in an emergency and end up in high altitude or something, that might explain the more conservative tune.

Besides, nothing clicking a few buttons won't fix.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Just went through the accessory list.

Actually having on second thoughts about the spoiler. It looks a bit off and has that distinctive shark fin from thd FK8. Will have to see how it looks on champion white in person. Might be one of those things that just looks so crazy that it actually looks cool.

Definitely will be getting the black shifter knob w/ the carbon fiber interior panel around it. The carbon fiber interior door panel looks good too.

The Type R floor mat looks really cool. Honestly idk what looks better, getting the black plastic garnish for front and back with Type R for the front, or the red floor mat with the logo. Getting both would seem overkill since there would be two Type R badges literally side by side. The stitching looks better visually imo.

I might get the puddle lights 😅 Really wish they just made it say "Type R" without any of those ugly circles, I don't know why they did that, seems so out if place lol.

The interior lighting looks cool for the door and pedals but I think that would get old really fast unless there was a way to turn it off.

So everything I want without the spoiler is sbout $1,000 which isn't bad. With the spoiler its ~$3,000

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Interior CF
White Footwell lights
Cargo tray
Back seat protector
Door panel light
Center console light
Puddle light

I'll probably do red for all the interior lights. The foot well in red gives me pause though. Not sure. May need to see the part itself and decide if I can make that cool light a bit warmer.

I can't see the spoiler on my car. I like it. It's an expensive bit of kit.

Edit: Installed by tuhroo so I can have it all under my Honda care extended warranty

Edit 2.0:. Tuhroo in your experience with interior light kits do you think the light will be warmer than what is shown? Maybe the JDM accessories are cooler in temp. Or do you think one could put a film on part to warm up the light.

Lol @ the dumb shit I'm sitting here wondering

Last edited:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interior CF
White Footwell lights
Cargo tray
Back seat protector
Door panel light
Center console light
Puddle light

I'll probably do red for all the interior lights. The foot well in red gives me pause though. Not sure. May need to see the part itself and decide if I can make that cool light a bit warmer.

I can't see the spoiler on my car. I like it. It's an expensive bit of kit.

Edit: Installed by tuhroo so I can have it all under my Honda care extended warranty

Edit 2.0:. Tuhroo in your experience with interior light kits do you think the light will be warmer than what is shown? Maybe the JDM accessories are cooler in temp. Or do you think one could put a film on part to warm up the light.

Lol @ the dumb shit I'm sitting here wondering
i'm actually a service advisor, not tech but i can write it up for you (honda care doesn't cover accessories actually)

the illumination kit actually is kind of bright, it's an led that's pretty bright white

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
i'm actually a service advisor, not tech but i can write it up for you (honda care doesn't cover accessories actually)

the illumination kit actually is kind of bright, it's an led that's pretty bright white
Ah okay. My understanding is if the accessories are installed (by a Honda tech) at the time of delivery and itemized on the buyers order then it is covered by the warranty of the vehicle. Which includes Honda care.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah okay. My understanding is if the accessories are installed (by a Honda tech) at the time of delivery and itemized on the buyers order then it is covered by the warranty of the vehicle. Which includes Honda care.
well honda care is an extended warranty which goes into effect when the original warranty is out

if the accessories are installed when (the car) is new they're covered under 3yr/36k mile warranty

if they're installed after, they're covered 12/12

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
well honda care is an extended warranty which goes into effect when the original warranty is out

if the accessories are installed when (the car) is new they're covered under 3yr/36k mile warranty

if they're installed after, they're covered 12/12
Lol it covers it.

You are such an advisor it ain't even funny. Lol.
Sponsored