• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Plus the fact that this type S is not a global car, believe it's only for the NA market right?
Sponsored

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Damn I was disappointed when I saw the price jump up that much. I think it doesn’t help due to high pricing already of the type r. It would probably be helpful if only one these model had this level of performance badge. For 52k I have been looking at Supra just debating for losing two seats is worth it.
That's a really good deal if it's brand new and even low mileage. I don't know if you're more of a luxury and sports kind of person or a race car/not as much luxury kind of person. But if I may sway you into sticking with the CTR or ITS, from when I got to drive a Supra Premium for a few days on a trip. I enjoyed the GPS on the HUD and stuff like that but it doesn't give me the same feeling.

I don't know if I've been "spoiled" with a stick shift car that gives me that feeling of going fast while doing the limit or just a few above it. But I can tell you that when I drove that Supra, I did not feel the same feeling in any way when driving it normally. I had to give it the beans to really get that kind of feeling and it's really smooth. Gorgeous car. Awesome tech. Nice stance. Great heritage (just on the name, unfortunately). But feels more luxury than race car.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
That's a really good deal if it's brand new and even low mileage. I don't know if you're more of a luxury and sports kind of person or a race car/not as much luxury kind of person. But if I may sway you into sticking with the CTR or ITS, from when I got to drive a Supra Premium for a few days on a trip. I enjoyed the GPS on the HUD and stuff like that but it doesn't give me the same feeling.

I don't know if I've been "spoiled" with a stick shift car that gives me that feeling of going fast while doing the limit or just a few above it. But I can tell you that when I drove that Supra, I did not feel the same feeling in any way when driving it normally. I had to give it the beans to really get that kind of feeling and it's really smooth. Gorgeous car. Awesome tech. Nice stance. Great heritage (just on the name, unfortunately). But feels more luxury than race car.
I plan to use this type of car for track and sporty style driving. the price point of 45k for civic type r was stretch for me for front wheel drive price and there Adm are killing it even more. Plus the new type s with it pretty significant price increase with similar performance to the civic but closing in to higher performing cars might make me look else where.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia

Yes, found the same experience with the C7 Corvette Grand Sport & GT350. They are very torquey with long gearing. You need to get to completely inappropriate speeds on the street before they start to feel fun. The Type R is the first car to feel fun and exhilarating at 70mph and under. I think the open airy cabin, short gearing, firm and precise inputs make the difference. Glad I tried this Type R as it has been a completely new driving experience. The various reviews of the FK8 compelled me to consider the FL5.
I imagine the Supra with its coffin like interior, torquey inline turbo-6 and longer gearing would have the same problem as the GT350 and C7 GrandSport. Probably is not as much fun (except it can do burnouts 😊) as the Type R from 100mph and under. Plus the cabin isn’t very usable and sight lines are horrible. 100% it is way faster though but speed is not the main ingredient to making a car fun.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Yes, found the same experience with the C7 Corvette Grand Sport & GT350. They are very torquey with long gearing. You need to get to completely inappropriate speeds on the street before they start to feel fun. The Type R is the first car to feel fun and exhilarating at 70mph and under. I think the open airy cabin, short gearing, firm and precise inputs make the difference. Glad I tried this Type R as it has been a completely new driving experience. The various reviews of the FK8 compelled me to consider the FL5.
I imagine the Supra with its coffin like interior, torquey inline turbo-6 and longer gearing would have the same problem as the GT350 and C7 GrandSport. Probably is not as much fun (except it can do burnouts 😊) as the Type R from 100mph and under. Plus the cabin isn’t very usable and sight lines are horrible. 100% it is way faster though but speed is not the main ingredient to making a car fun.
Why not change the gearing? It's a fairly cheap mod usually.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Why not change the gearing? It's a fairly cheap mod usually.
Some people buy cars as is and don't modify in fear of voiding a warranty. Especially in that price range.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Anyone snag one? What a mess. Took over an hour but I got a reservation.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I tried for about 45 minutes and gave up
Got to the payment area 4 times but it timed out. Said not to refresh but the trick was to refresh it after the error.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Might be ordering parts..DP and Intercooler would be on the top of my list

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2024 Integra Type S Pricing & MPG Released tmp_0a841952-ba62-45ff-9c5a-ef87dec7ae9d~2

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Never got through to payment....but honestly didn't give it 100% effort because those color choices weren't even close to what I really wanted. I still think the entire '200 preorder' sales gimmick is intended to sway the ITS market closer to the CTR - drumming up unnecessary hype so dealers can feed off it and add ADM/mandatory add-ons. The first round of ITS allocations went from 'easy to find MSRP' to 'my dealer wants $15K ADM'.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Never got through to payment....but honestly didn't give it 100% effort because those color choices weren't even close to what I really wanted. I still think the entire '200 preorder' sales gimmick is intended to sway the ITS market closer to the CTR - drumming up unnecessary hype so dealers can feed off it and add ADM/mandatory add-ons. The first round of ITS allocations went from 'easy to find MSRP' to 'my dealer wants $15K ADM'.
Yeah. It was a cluster for sure. Anyone buying needs to qualify their dealerships. Mine even sent an email out before the reservation stating that the deposit was refundable and it would be sold at MSRP with no required accessories.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Had to comment after seeing Raitis overview. Two takeaways:

1. Im warming up to the rear end.
2. The interior (particularly the seats and leather wrap in the passenger console) and the exterior side view are straight FN ugly. Im blown away by it. Its like its trying real hard to be something it can’t quit be - Ive said it before.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
A Type S demo car just landed at a nearby dealership. My bro is going for a test drive this Monday.
looks noice!

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2024 Integra Type S Pricing & MPG Released 0F79D30B-F536-45A3-ABE1-AB578F83770F

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2024 Integra Type S Pricing & MPG Released 7E773A73-E59F-4FCE-B6C0-1E383CE214A5

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2024 Integra Type S Pricing & MPG Released 4D295B52-3209-45EE-8372-8B12B5E1B275
Sponsored