• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
done with the install. whew. i must say, for a catted pipe, this thing sounds awesome, its got a nice deep tone in the mid range.took about 5 hours. only took some comparison pics. test drove for only 10 miles, no CEL yet. gonna have to wait till tomorrow to put more miles. if the CEL stays off, might track it on Friday to do a comparison before its tuned. PS: dont lose your screws folks, i lost one of the screws for the heat shield above the exhaust pipe. now i have a slight rattle when i start the car, lol. i included a sound clip during a test run below :0

20170606_151819.jpg 20170606_154056.jpg 20170606_150048.jpg 20170606_154105.jpg
@NeoDragons Thank you for pictures and video, the car definitely has a noticeable rumble now! That is very interesting, keep us posted with the CEL situation! :)

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
@NeoDragons On what website did you buy the o2 eliminator / defouler? , Your CEL is still OFF?
I bought this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/o2-sensor-e...ash=item1a26fda12a:g:fMoAAOSw~AVYui9G&vxp=mtr
11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X s-l300

so far i have only drive 30 or so miles with no CEL. gonna give it about another week, ( but i have a feeling it may come on soon) i have it set to the furthest out from the cat, and packed it full of copper mesh, lol. so i think the sensor may not see enough exhaust coming in. but if it stays off then happy days, lol

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
My CEL came on the next day after install. Ktuner settings took care of that warning on the dash. Car runs great. I'll record some video when I get the chance.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
@NeoDragons Thank you for pictures and video, the car definitely has a noticeable rumble now! That is very interesting, keep us posted with the CEL situation! :)
There is a guy on facebook group running yours to and no CEL so far. not sure how many mile though. Ill keep track of him and see his results

E39_EmFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Not sure of the specifics but I do believe the catalyst monitor on these cars run @ around 55-60 MPH steady cruise for about 5-10 minutes. If yall really wanted to test it that'd be a good place to start.

ecarranza11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Anyone in socal want to install my frontpipe/downpipe? I'll pay you to do it

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh as a side note, i also noticed i can hear the turbo spool alot clearer in the low to mid rpm range now. i cant wait to pair this with PRL's CAI :D

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
oh as a side note, i also noticed i can hear the turbo spool alot clearer in the low to mid rpm range now. i cant wait to pair this with PRL's CAI :D
do you have an intake now, or just stock?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you have an intake now, or just stock?
still stock, i have been holding off on getting one ever since PRL said they had a CAI in the works

IronFusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenth-gen Civic
still stock, i have been holding off on getting one ever since PRL said they had a CAI in the works
More power to you, but id like to know what more performance-wise can be gained with an intake after getting a tune with these pipes? Also curious if you are interested in a future turbo upgrade.

for my situation, with the cvt , i think i am going to be maxed out on what can be extracted from the car with the pipes and a tune. Anything that would give me more torque down low and sooner, or greater fuel economy with either spirited or tame driving would still be on my radar. Even better id i can avoid running 93 octane.
i am, however, highly interested in PRL's CAI, as at first glance it appears to be the only full-length offering, and the one with the lest potential for heat-soak.

Does anyone know of there is a 3" exhaust system available, preferably that ends in dual exhaust that positions the ends the same as stock- tucked out of sight, that can be paired with these pipes to have full 3" exhaust from the engine on back? I've got the full assortment of body spoilers, so i rly like keeping the exhaust hidden.

Lastly (sorry for making this long), how have folks that did the install themselves kept the bolts on the turbo from shearing off? I'm planning on two treatments of PB Blaster, and using a 1/4" impact driver (impact, NOT pulse) that can deliver 650ft-lb of torque. Thoughts?
Sponsored