• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
this is gonna be my last update for awhile on this down pipe until a CEL pops up or until i hit the 1k mark.

well so far i am sitting on 200+ miles with the downpipe/frontpipe and still no CEL.

so as for a recap as to what ive done:

1. installed PRL's catted downpipe / front pipe combo. and 90 degree defouler.
2. CEL was tripped on about 100 miles with DTC code P0139.
3. reinspected bolts on DP, noticed 2 came loose and had a leak(didnt throw a code for a exhaust leak though), resealed and re bolted.
4. since the sensor wasnt reading enough flow from the cat i decided to only use the straight portion of the 90 degree defouler, which just made it an extender basically.
5. i have driven 200+ miles now with no CEL. been do spirited driving when i got the chance. i was also behind on my scheduled maintenance for almost 50 miles. also got my car's oil changed at the dealer 2 days ago. also i am using Hondata Flashpro.
6. the next up date i post will either be when i hit 1k miles or until the next CEL pops up.

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
Is anyone can have to torque for the bolt that goes into the turbo?
I'm about to install the tomorrow.
Make sure you use pb blaster so you don't break the studs to the turbo like alot of us have!

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you use pb blaster so you don't break the studs to the turbo like alot of us have!
i think he meant torque figures for the turbo bolts? unfortunately i just tightened to what i thought felt good. i havent seen anyone post torque specs

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
i think he meant torque figures for the turbo bolts? unfortunately i just tightened to what i thought felt good. i havent seen anyone post torque specs
Right but he also said he's going to do the install tomorrow and pb blaster is nice because there have been a few people who have broken the studs upon removal

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right but he also said he's going to do the install tomorrow and pb blaster is nice because there have been a few people who have broken the studs upon removal
ah gotcha, yup. PB is good to have. sprayed it all over the bolts while i was waiting for the engine to cool down.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I even sprayed mine right before AND the day before

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport

the breaking of studs is why i haven't done my install yet. just worried. i really dont care to break something.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the breaking of studs is why i haven't done my install yet. just worried. i really dont care to break something.
key is just take it slow. spray that PB blaster and let it soak. then try the bolt. if it dont budge then hit it with more pb. it took me almost 2 hours of trying to move the bolt and letting the PB sit and do its job.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled the upper heatshield and sprayed the studs, then the next day sprayed again before I started to install. the only one that worried me for a second was one of the 2 closest to the motor, think it was the bolt and not the nut. I increasingly applied more and more force and when it finally let go it just felt weird and out loud I said " OH S...!" and then realized it was just fine... pb blaster is like a miracle in a can! I took it once to a wrecking yard to spray all the hardware on a hitch that looked like it had been on there 20 years, drenched everything. came back next day and it came apart almost like it was new hardware.

samlego2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2017 Sport
I didn't had time finally, i'll take care to shoot my stud, bolt and nut before as you suggest with some penetrant fluid.

IronFusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenth-gen Civic
Can someone please post a picture of the studs that are putting the fear in me? I am planning on doing my install tomorrow. I have a 1/4" impact driver with the necessary socket sizes, and a breaker bar (1/2", but I /do not/ have sockets for that). I have pb blaster, but want to know what I can/should remove tonight to spray it on, and what to be careful with tomorrow (and where it is and what it looks like). Much appreciated.

samlego2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2017 Sport
Saved some $ by making my own defouler with spart parts at the shop (and doing some lathe work, ish stainless is pain to work with).

I need to sand it to make it more clean and check if there is no leak on my welding.

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Photo_17_06_25_17_05_19

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Photo_17_06_25_17_05_46

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
So finally got the downpipe on and I'm very impressed I'm running ktuner stage 2 and adding the downpipe you can feel some gains and hear the turbo alot more. Using pb blaster made getting the bolts and studs off a breeze I sprayed them over the course of 2 days and they came off easily. Only downside is The cel but I'm going to clear it with ktuner later today. The exhaust note is louder and deeper I'll post a video soon! Lemme if there are any particular things you want to see or hear in the video.
Tldr prl downpipe was worth it!
Sponsored