• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

IronFusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenth-gen Civic
So finally got the downpipe on and I'm very impressed I'm running ktuner stage 2 and adding the downpipe you can feel some gains and hear the turbo alot more. Using pb blaster made getting the bolts and studs off a breeze I sprayed them over the course of 2 days and they came off easily. Only downside is The cel but I'm going to clear it with ktuner later today. The exhaust note is louder and deeper I'll post a video soon! Lemme if there are any particular things you want to see or hear in the video.
Tldr prl downpipe was worth it!
Did you (or anyone else) have mild rattling/grinding sounds below 1800rpm when beginning to move from a standstill? I couldn't quite figure out which nuts and bolts to use when mating all the pipes together- going from studs on oem to not caught me up. I ended up using a mixture of oem nuts/bolts/studs and the prl included ones. I used only prl bolts and two copper-coated nuts I bought to fasten the dp yo the turbo.

EDIT:
I think I figured out what I did wrong that is likely causing the sounds. I re-tightened the DP brackets to hold the PRL DP in place before I fastened it to the turbo, so the brackets were positioned under/toward the rear of the car relative to the bottom flange on the DP. I never changed it back, and tightened the brackets on the rear side of the DP after I began fastening all the new pipe connections. That, and I did not use the two bolts with large washers to secure the brackets to the DP- I used the two OEM turbo/DP bolts and two of the PRL-supplied locking nuts.
Is this going to cause harm if I leave it like this for a week or two? I do not have the time to correct things this week, and will be away on vaca in the boonies all next week. Laaaaaame... So pissed I f'd it up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L
Did a quick run tonight after work and there are definitely some gains compared to before the downpipe

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Screenshot_20170627-032128

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Do you still have stock tires? I noticed the vss on my car was a little high, my tires now are just a tad taller and it seems to be dead on w/ GPS and radar signs in school zones, etc. Also what tune you running, curious because I ran a 13.7@103 (track timing system) and you are showing 14.4@103 and my 0-60 times were about 5.8(datalog timestamps) on my low low 14 sec. runs. Makes me think you got the cvt and can't get out of the hole but have a lot more top end power than me.

What app is that again?

Also if you still have both on try unbolting that drivers side muffler. That plus catless DP sounds pretty good to my ear.

Did a quick run tonight after work and there are definitely some gains compared to before the downpipe

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
Do you still have stock tires? I noticed the vss on my car was a little high, my tires now are just a tad taller and it seems to be dead on w/ GPS and radar signs in school zones, etc. Also what tune you running, curious because I ran a 13.7@103 (track timing system) and you are showing 14.4@103 and my 0-60 times were about 5.8(datalog timestamps) on my low low 14 sec. runs. Makes me think you got the cvt and can't get out of the hole but have a lot more top end power than me.

What app is that again?

Also if you still have both on try unbolting that drivers side muffler. That plus catless DP sounds pretty good to my ear.
Just to tag onto this, My VSS reads 3-4 mph slower than my speedo, but I never checked it stock. Im on 19s now an according to the calculations site My actual speed should be .2% slower, I would have thought that the VSS on ktuner would read the same as the speedo bc its the same sensor no?

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Just to tag onto this, My VSS reads 3-4 mph slower than my speedo, but I never checked it stock. Im on 19s now an according to the calculations site My actual speed should be .2% slower, I would have thought that the VSS on ktuner would read the same as the speedo bc its the same sensor no?
Mine is off 2-3 mph (VSS/speedo) with 235/40/18. But it always matches with any radar signs I pass.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
Mine is off 2-3 mph (VSS/speedo) with 235/40/18. But it always matches with any radar signs I pass.
I need to hit up a radar sign....Does you VSS match the radar or the Speedo on the dash?

jaja340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-L

What app is that again?

Yeah I have the cvt so off the line isn't too nice and also worth noting i had it in L the whole time and I have firestone indy 500s with the same dimensions as the stock tires and is dead on with radar signs. I'm currently running a stage 2 tune from ktuner (strongly considering getting a vittune) an intake downpipe and have deleted both mufflers and they weighed a ton! The app is called torque it connects to a Bluetooth obd2 device.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have the cvt so off the line isn't too nice and also worth noting i had it in L the whole time and I have firestone indy 500s with the same dimensions as the stock tires and is dead on with radar signs. I'm currently running a stage 2 tune from ktuner (strongly considering getting a vittune) an intake downpipe and have deleted both mufflers and they weighed a ton! The app is called torque it connects to a Bluetooth obd2 device.
Can you post a sound clip??

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds great at WOT and when you hit redline in neutral or when losing traction you get some pops I'll try to capture them soon

Sounding good, can hear the turbo in the exhaust now. Definitely like to hear one while driving.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
yeah I would think that the VSS displayed on the V2 should match the speedo because the info is from the same source. it was just with the 215/50/17 firestones I seemed to be a mph or 2 higher on the dash than actual but now that my tires roll a bit farther with each rotation being 245/40/18 it seems to match perfectly.

(only time I can think of it being different was in my 335 you could code in a digital speedo on the display and it was corrected but the analog was still a few mph off. it drove me crazy so I never had it display the digital one.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
PRL, has there been any testing on just the mid pipe without the DP for those of use not doing a DP but want a bit better flow and sound over stock?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
The app is called torque it connects to a Bluetooth obd2 device.
interesting enough, i just found out that the Torque app can connect to Flashpro and grab some readings. since flash pro cant clear codes with the phone app or with out a laptop and Torque can. i found it kinda useful

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Sounds great at WOT and when you hit redline in neutral or when losing traction you get some pops I'll try to capture them soon

Sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

PRL, has there been any testing on just the mid pipe without the DP for those of use not doing a DP but want a bit better flow and sound over stock?
To our knowledge there hasn't been any testing done this way. We wanted to test this for you guys but ended up having some downtime with the Dyno due to rearranging the shop and us getting rid of the CVT car. We would like to get this done for you guys on our Si, though. If anyone has done testing, feel free to post your findings!
Sponsored