• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

IronFusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenth-gen Civic
I installed the catted combo back in June of 2017. I've since put over 7000mi on the car, and have recently been throwing CELs with some frequency. For the first 6 months I had maybe one CEL, and after clearing it I just became mindful about spirited driving up a grade behind a dirty car if my car is not fully warmed up. I just bought a 90-degree bung that has a catalyzing material inside. Hopefully it will eliminate the CELs, or otherwise I'll need to get ktuner before I really want to be tuning.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I installed the catted combo back in June of 2017. I've since put over 7000mi on the car, and have recently been throwing CELs with some frequency. For the first 6 months I had maybe one CEL, and after clearing it I just became mindful about spirited driving up a grade behind a dirty car if my car is not fully warmed up. I just bought a 90-degree bung that has a catalyzing material inside. Hopefully it will eliminate the CELs, or otherwise I'll need to get ktuner before I really want to be tuning.

This is exactly what I am worried about. So I have narrowed down my choices to the AFE or the 27WON.

IronFusion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenth-gen Civic
This is exactly what I am worried about. So I have narrowed down my choices to the AFE or the 27WON.
I will probably try the bung this weekend, and will be driving a route that I have thrown CEL on 5/6 of the last times I drove it. Not a huge sample size, but better than guessing. I'll report back. I love the pipes otherwise. In PA, I can pass inspection with one not-ready, so I was never worried about this.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
If I use KTuner to disable the CEL from going catless, will it still show up on an inspection?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Any issues with CELs and that defouler?
ran it as a 90 degree first then it threw a CEL 500 miles, then i ran it with out the bend in it just staight, ran for about 1500 miles with no CEL but shortly after that i have it disabled now in my flashpro so i dont know how much longer it would have gone without throwing another cel

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
If I use KTuner to disable the CEL from going catless, will it still show up on an inspection?
I believe that if you disable it in Ktuner then that emissions control will not set to "ready" Here In Texas, 2001 and newer cars are allowed 1 emission control to be set to "not ready". Not sure how New York handles "readiness"

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I believe that if you disable it in Ktuner then that emissions control will not set to "ready" Here In Texas, 2001 and newer cars are allowed 1 emission control to be set to "not ready". Not sure how New York handles "readiness"

In GA this will not fly, you'll fail.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Had an aftermarket header with no cat on my 8th with Flashpro. When I took it to emissions out here it passed no problem and I didn't have a cat on it. Don't see why it wouldn't pass with a tune. You may just want to take it and get it checked, if you are worried about it, to see if it will pass the way it is.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Based on feedback from my local tuner, it appears that it should pass in NY.
Sponsored