• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
Point taken...So it would seem that a reason to replace the stock turbo inlet would be to eliminate it as a heat sink. I presume a replacement would also provide a less strictive flow internally. That does not seem to be worth a $500 upgrade to me at this point.
Blankets will help substantially more than the TIP. Took these immediately a couple hard runs. The PTP hybrid shield will be available in a month or so through TSP and temps were in the mid 100's if you can wait.

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1962

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1959

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1958

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1956

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1951

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1955

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1960

11th Gen Honda Civic Reducing Under Hood and Intake Temperatures IMG_1942
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
With PRL's HVI I saw IAT1 at around 10 degrees above ambient before I got the inlet pipe at speed and the IAT cools quickly once I get moving. Granted this is on an Si. IAT2 will be affected by an intercooler and larger piping. You can also try a turbo blanket and wrapping your DP as well as opening up the vent in your hood or getting a hood with better ventilation.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
I'm waiting for Acuity to release their intake solution. Which runs the inlet to the right side head light away from the turbo.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I forgot to mention that I run the cold air attachment on my HVI and removed the foglight cover and put some mesh in the hole to keep debris out.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'm waiting for Acuity to release their intake solution. Which runs the inlet to the right side head light away from the turbo.
For what it is worth, I have heard their intake is a race focused solution that requires deleting the AC. I cannot confirm that of course. The design is very intriguing!

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For what it is worth, I have heard their intake is a race focused solution that requires deleting the AC. I cannot confirm that of course. The design is very intriguing!
Fingers crossed it's able to retain the A/C!

EDIT: I have spoken with Todd Baker who has confirmed that it will not require the removal of the A/C system. It's designed to work with all OEM systems in place.

Last edited:

hammeredsole

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
In reality, all of these mods are going to cost big money for very modest and incremental improvements. Ultimately, increasing flow and changing volumetric efficiency are the only ways to really improve the output without exponentially increasing temperatures, and those things are hard fixed into the design of the engine. One thing is for sure, tinkering and marketing are still thriving.

Hard take; buy a different car if you want something that is actually fast. Don't get me wrong, CTR is a great car, but it's still front wheel drive turbo 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. To what ends is this for?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Back in the 90s I remember doing this mod where you add spacers to the back of the hood mounts. Thus when the hood is in the closed position the sides are cracked open allowing for heat dissipation. It was a ghetto mod but curious on what people here think!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Back in the 90s I remember doing this mod where you add spacers to the back of the hood mounts. Thus when the hood is in the closed position the sides are cracked open allowing for heat dissipation. It was a ghetto mod but curious on what people here think!
Don’t do this to the type R😂

In reality, all of these mods are going to cost big money for very modest and incremental improvements. Ultimately, increasing flow and changing volumetric efficiency are the only ways to really improve the output without exponentially increasing temperatures, and those things are hard fixed into the design of the engine. One thing is for sure, tinkering and marketing are still thriving.

Hard take; buy a different car if you want something that is actually fast. Don't get me wrong, CTR is a great car, but it's still front wheel drive turbo 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. To what ends is this for?
Well the mod that he is referring to is more for controlling IAT’s which limit power on the platform. It’s just for more consistent power not for making more.

Sure there are faster cars out there for the money in a straight line. At the track the Type R really walks over a lot of higher end cars and with mods it gets even better. So to each their own. We already know you did not like the car and that is fine also, but not everybody wants the same things.

For example I wanted the extra space and usability but still wanted performance. There really is not a whole lot of options that fit these requirements and still be competitive in the 40k price range.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si

This guy in multiple threads talking about how R is trash and you should buy everything but one. I don't even know why you are on this forum still when you no longer own a Civic.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Why do you guys bother responding to his posts? The guy clearly has no life.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This guy in multiple threads talking about how R is trash and you should buy everything but one. I don't even know why you are on this forum still when you no longer own a Civic.
It’s all good everyone can have their opinion. He is already know for bashing the platform, which to be honest every single platform has issues just that some people choose to ignore them and be a fan of brand or car.

For example to be fair:

The Type R engine is not as exciting as previous Honda engines. V8 competition is faster in a straight line. Still the car can be made to have more power and be faster than them. I have proven this multiple times and even with the disadvantage of being FWD the car still has decent traction.

Mustangs 5.0: great overall performer especially with a track pack. Manual transmission is garbage and weighs a lot.

Camaro’s: excellent track cars, GM reliability is so so and they have a bunch of little issues.

No car is perfect to each their own.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The area below the windscreen is a high pressure zone. Thus it depends on whether the air pressure under the hood is higher or lower than the windscreen pressure to determine if this mod would be effective at extracting heat, or doing nothing other than decreasing net downforce (or increasing coefficient of lift) by drawing air into the firewall and under the vehicle.

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 SGP FL5
It’s all good everyone can have their opinion. He is already know for bashing the platform, which to be honest every single platform has issues just that some people choose to ignore them and be a fan of brand or car.

For example to be fair:

The Type R engine is not as exciting as previous Honda engines. V8 competition is faster in a straight line. Still the car can be made to have more power and be faster than them. I have proven this multiple times and even with the disadvantage of being FWD the car still has decent traction.

Mustangs 5.0: great overall performer especially with a track pack. Manual transmission is garbage and weighs a lot.

Camaro’s: excellent track cars, GM reliability is so so and they have a bunch of little issues.

No car is perfect to each their own.
agreed, but I had zero issues with the MT-82. Had the car 3 years and 61k miles. Zero transmission issues with the MGW short throw shifter:dunno:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
agreed, but I had zero issues with the MT-82. Had the car 3 years and 61k miles. Zero transmission issues with the MGW short throw shifter:dunno:
You were one of the lucky ones! I just wish they would have just used the trans from the Shelby gt350 on all gt models going forward and not on special editions.

this one always kills me:
Sponsored