• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car?

AvecVtec

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FL5 Sonic Grey #7155
Hi erryone!
I'm an Italian owner of a 2017 FK7 Sport Plus MT with 123,300 km (76.615 miles); from 23 November I'm inquiring about booking one of the 40/100 FL5 units that will be available for the Italian market throughout 2023. The official price, not yet available, will be around €55,000 and the dealers are talking to me about a sort of click-day because it seems that only 26 FL5 arrive at the beginning, then another 40 towards the summer and that's it! So I'll try to get on the list as soon as possible when I have a clear idea of how much I'll spend, net of the FK7 in exchange.
Alessandro
Sponsored

Alpha97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
No choice but to move on to other cars.
I was willing to go 5k over but it looks like that's not happening any time soon.
I'm on a few lists for a manual supra (not A91) and put a deposit down on an m2 but CTR is still #1 until I take delivery of either cars.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I wound up getting an Elantra N. To me, it feels a lot like the FK8 and it has the added bonus of a dope exhaust, heated seats, and a pretty incredible dash/infotainment system. I get that the looks are divisive but the car is fun as hell to drive.
Hyundai has severe quality issues making it not comparable with the Type R. Aside from the Theta 1 and 2 engines having catastrophic design flaws they now have a DSG issue making the cars undriveable.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The East Coast rollout has been disappointing, but it literally was outside of Honda's control. Honda has taken steps to mitigate or minimize these issues (like buying Hansen the transport company that trucks most Hondas on the East Coast,) but anyone that works logistics knows that these types of issues will never be resolved over-night, it is physically impossible to do so.

I understand the dampening of everyone's excitement, but I guarantee that excitement will come right back once the first few East Coast deliveries take place.

I see a lot of M car this, Cadillac Blackwing that, Golf R here and GR86 there popping up but the point remains, you're doing so from a Civic forum. If you really wanted any of those cars you would have bought them already. Especially since they can be had at MSRP a lot easier than the CTR at the moment.

Until one of you guys jumps ship and gets something else, the FL5 CTR>>>>>>
I agree that the circumstances that caused the initial delay were out of Hondas control. However, the lack of contingency planning (ie planning to fail) is theirs to own. The lack of transparency theirs to own. Ultimately the delay to the customer is theirs to own.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I wish I could get past the looks of the fk8. Such a great drivers car!
Thought it was just me - and my spouse- who liked the looks of my AB '18 FK8- but it has received tons of insolicited compliments from strangers of all ages and genders.
Ironically, I would have to get past the looks of the FL5 to buy one.
So don't let that stop you from getting an FK8.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I agree that the circumstances that caused the initial delay were out of Hondas control. However, the lack of contingency planning (ie planning to fail) is theirs to own. The lack of transparency theirs to own. Ultimately the delay to the customer is theirs to own.
Agree with you on that.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Thought it was just me - and my spouse- who liked the looks of my AB '18 FK8- but it has received tons of insolicited compliments from strangers of all ages and genders.
Ironically, I would have to get past the looks of the FL5 to buy one.
So don't let that stop you from getting an FK8.
fk8 is cool car to see once but I wouldn't want to own it. its not the outrageous look, there are plenty of cars that look wild but look great like the Mclaren 675LT and Aventador SVJ. Problem with the fk8 is that it looks like the car was designed by 3 different teams that never talked to each other. Its over styled but none of the design is cohesive, lines for the sake of lines that go nowhere and those fake vents are just awful.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
fk8 is cool car to see once but I wouldn't want to own it. its not the outrageous look, there are plenty of cars that look wild but look great like the Mclaren 675LT and Aventador SVJ. Problem with the fk8 is that it looks like the car was designed by 3 different teams that never talked to each other. Its over styled but none of the design is cohesive, lines for the sake of lines that go nowhere and those fake vents are just awful.
Nobody is saying, or thinking, that it looks as cool as a Lamborghini or McLaren. But the look has worn well, better than I expected. Color helps.
11th Gen Honda Civic Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car? 20221107_153909
11th Gen Honda Civic Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car? 20220808_193809
11th Gen Honda Civic Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car? 20220724_141627

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Yeahhh, I went from checking on this forum day by day to looking at Supras and the new gen M2. Two grand markup is the most I'll do for the FL5 tbh. Its already too little car at MSRP. My head is still in 2019, I know.

GRCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
I rather get a F87 M2C for 50-60K than the new CTR. The new CTR makes no sense past 5K ADM.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
I rather get a F87 M2C for 50-60K than the new CTR. The new CTR makes no sense past 5K ADM.
For between $50K and $60K it makes sense to look for a low production, very rare, unique, lighter and extremely quick 2021 FK8 LE that still has reasonable mileage.

11th Gen Honda Civic Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car? Chassis #126 - 1 (2)

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
I really like the Elantra N overall and test drove a DCT one. As you mentioned, it makes really fun noises, has heated seats, and has a sunroof (which I prefer having, on a daily driver). Which transmission did you get, and which colour?
I got the DCT in Performance Blue.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
Hyundai has severe quality issues making it not comparable with the Type R. Aside from the Theta 1 and 2 engines having catastrophic design flaws they now have a DSG issue making the cars undriveable.
LOL well my car is driveable. Dude I love Hondas and have owned them for the past 15 years but you're delusional if you think the past decade was flawless for Honda, and despite Hyundais having some issues it was Honda airbags that killed people.
Sponsored